Green Day and Guns N' Roses

Punos

I turned on my local rock station [DC 101] and heard them play like 5 Green Day songs...they were all some soft-emo shit...dude moaning about "empty streets" and then "september" something...

Since when did Green Day turn soft and weak? Dookie was a fucking awesome album! What is happening! I thought Green Day was some hard shit for awhile!

Fucking emo.....do they have no shame

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess that's what people must want to hear since Green Day is doing so well right now. I don't listen to them, but if I only liked their old stuff, that's all I would listen to and wouldn't bother with any of the new.

The same thing could also be said about every idiot who complains about some GN'R member playing differently than they did 20 years ago.

isnt the dude from billie elliot in that vid?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Jamie Bell i think his name is. Crap film, awesome video though.

I don't think they sound too emo. Listen to some proper emo rubbish, then to the American Idiot stuff...i don't really follow the comparison you made?

R.

isnt the dude from billie elliot in that vid?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, Jamie Bell i think his name is. Crap film, awesome video though.

I don't think they sound too emo. Listen to some proper emo rubbish, then to the American Idiot stuff...i don't really follow the comparison you made?

R.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Emo is hawthorne heights :scared: green day has just become a bit more mellow, not exactly emo but i understand what you mean

Emo as in their shit is all emotional and shit. Motherfuckers turning soft, bitching about broken streets and months. Whathappened to LONGVIEW? What happened to that hard shit? They sound like a bunch of pussies.

CW

Emo as in their shit is all emotional and shit. Motherfuckers turning soft, bitching about broken streets and months. Whathappened to LONGVIEW? What happened to that hard shit? They sound like a bunch of pussies.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BJA is writing about stuff that has happened to him. After warning the band pretty much collapsed so being alone etc is something that will have happened. Listen to music from the greats - it all comes from the heart and there is a tender side to all bands.

Was Axl a pussy when writing:

I see you standin'

Standin' on your own

It's such a lonely place for you

For you to be

If you need a shoulder

Or if you need a friend

I'll be here standing

Until the bitter end

I think not.

R.

CW

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So, you want them to sing about wanking off for the rest of their lives? :huh:

I turned on my local rock station [DC 101] and heard them play like 5 Green Day songs...they were all some soft-emo shit...dude moaning about "empty streets" and then "september" something...

Since when did Green Day turn soft and weak? Dookie was a fucking awesome album! What is happening! I thought Green Day was some hard shit for awhile!

Fucking emo.....do they have no shame

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it happened that day they put out that acoustic song Time Of Your Life.

I hope Axl keeps his head on straight, and doesn't get caught up in this wave of emo music out there. I think it was the guy from Motely Crue that said that Axl was an "emo fag".....I hope he doesn't go soft on us. From what we've heard in 2001+2002, he sounds like he's gett'n a little soft to me.

cw

Guest JohnUlmer

The Blues is not emo.

Madagascar is not emo.

Chinese Democracy is not emo.

If you think Oh My God, Rhiad and Silkworms are emo...you're out of your mind. More so than I am. (And if that's true, you should be scared...very scared.)

Emo is very basic music. You take a standard concept:

1. Girl breaks up with guy.

Then you add some lyrics involving the season:

It was a cold november day \ When my baby \ Left me and \ I cried all day

2. Then you add some gay stuff.

Now I wish \ I could find my plush toy \ From third grade \ And cry my heart out \ But I can't \ My mommy threw Bernie the Elephant away \ Now what will I cry on? \ Maybe my friend Dave \ He is gay \ But I'm not homophobic \ Anyway

3. Annoying Titles/Catchphrases That Are Poor Puns on Words or Cliches

Not for All the Love in the World!

4. Acoustic Guitars

This is vital.

5. Lack of Musical Talent or Cohesion

Get some girly untalented singer, put together some very basic C-family chord progressions...throw in a few minor chords, a few palm mutes and what not...

And the most important step of all...

6. Switch some of the chords around, change a few lyrics, and do this for every song on the track!

Emo sucks.