predictions and bets about 2006

vdm1979

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sounds like some people are jealous others do have a little more information or contact with band members...

No. Our site takes great pride in posting information that is accurate and backed by real sources. We don't allow people to take random unrelated events, tie them together and form a "conclusion" which is posted as news. We won't apologize for this. .. Example: Sp/at notices Tommy isn't touring in the Fall, so it concludes this must mean CD is coming out. And the headline goes: Tommy affirms Fall release for CD! (Even though nobody even talked to Tommy)..... If this is your idea of "news," then this isn't the best forum for you. We prefer to post news based on fact and/or reliable sources.

.. but one thing is for sure

i have less and less respect for you every post i read ...

But you have respect for those who mislead fans with false unsubstantiated rumors that they pass off as fact? *shrugs* .. Well, each to his own. But I will never allow people to jeopardize the integrity of our forum by posting untrue "facts" without pointing out that the info is untrue and based on speculation.

Oh -- btw - we only allow members to have TWO screennames at the most. I thought I should mention that. :book:

... Wait doesn't Sp1/at often make random guesses about stuff? Stop me if I'm wrong but didn't I read something about a 'Rosey November?' or was that merely speculation? Didn't sources tell Sp1/at that Chinese Democracy would be released at the end of this year? ..

Yes, I remember that well. In fact, if I recall, their little members came here spamming the forum with that misinformation and argued up and down in post after post that I was wrong for telling people that this was an untrue rumor.

..  I'm confused to be honest. While Sp1/at from what I hear is renound for false rumours isn't the whole story of Guns N' Roses' Chinese Democracy one big rumour mill? And does their guessing of release dates etc. do any harm because we all know when Chinese Democracy is eventually released, the news will come from Axl Rose? ..

Well, the danger in spreading misinformation and false release dates is that people will believe it. And then, when the release date doesn't happen, everybody blames Axl.

Yes, I remember that well. In fact, if I recall,  their little members came here spamming the forum with that misinformation and argued up and down in post after post that I was wrong for telling people that this was an untrue rumor.

I certainly don't remember doing any "spamming" and I'm sure if I did I wouldn't have a warning level of 0%. Maybe you can point out where the $p1at members did this spamming because it's rather hypocritical of you claiming that $p1at makes baseless claims and then doing it yourself. :D

And the "little members" part... Nice attempt at being patronising (pronounced the correct English way rather than the bastardised American way).

Well, the danger in spreading misinformation and false release dates is that people will believe it.  And then, when the release date doesn't happen, everybody blames Axl.

It's not $p1at's fault that people are idiots but as I said, if you believe some people $p1at is the source of all evil. :P

I wonder if you are gonna lock this topic for going off topic? On past form, I think you'll probably try and have the last word and then lock it... Let's see if I'm right? :drevil:

Edited by Gigger

It does seem odd that this board censors the word spl*t but your still aloud to debate the site they run, why not just blanket ban the subject instead of blocking the name but saying its ok to take shots at them-you like others are not forced to visit or read the stuff they say, but ask yourself this.Why have elsewhere had interviews that provide fans with some insight into GnR if they know fuck all and lie?

Yes, I remember that well. In fact, if I recall,  their little members came here spamming the forum with that misinformation and argued up and down in post after post that I was wrong for telling people that this was an untrue rumor.

I certainly don't remember doing any "spamming" and I'm sure if I did I wouldn't have a warning level of 0%. Maybe you can point out where the $p1at members did this spamming because it's rather hypocritical of you claiming that $p1at makes baseless claims and then doing it yourself. :D ..

Starting dozens and dozens of threads with untrue rumors and unsubstantiated information became a daily ritual for you and your pals. So we censored the name in the hopes of slowing them down - since clearly their only goal was to draw attention to their site with their wild rumors. If you want to advertise your site - that's fine - but we ask you to use the Ain't It Fun section for that. This is why all of their latest false rumor threads have been merged together in a thread in the Ain't It Fun section. :D

.. It's not $p1at's fault that people are idiots but as I said, if you believe some people $p1at is the source of all evil.  :P ..

Please, don't insult our members. :angry: They're not "idiots." Our members are good people who trust our site to post accurate information. And when someone decides to post untrue rumors and unsubstantiated information from another site, it's our job to let them know this information is false.

Let's get back on topic everyone.

Gigger - if you wish to continue talking about your site, please do so in the Ain't It Fun section.

Someone will make a post with the headlining "Will GnR play at the Superbowl?" and then later in the year "Will GnR play the VMAs?"...thats my prediction...

:krider:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that's a good prediction. I'll bet on that one too. :rofl-lol:

If you want to advertise your site - that's fine - but we ask you to use the Ain't It Fun section for that.  This is why all of their latest false rumor threads have been merged together in a thread in the Ain't It Fun section.  :D

Oh you mean this thread:

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=54571

Yeah the moderators/writers over at $p1at have really been spamming that thread. Oh wait, they haven't posted once in it! Ooops... Madison giving out "misinformation" again... :D

If you want to advertise your site - that's fine - but we ask you to use the Ain't It Fun section for that.  This is why all of their latest false rumor threads have been merged together in a thread in the Ain't It Fun section.  :D

Oh you mean this thread:

Yeah the moderators/writers over at $p1at have really been spamming that thread. Oh wait, they haven't posted once in it! Ooops... Madison giving out "misinformation" again... :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thread contains multiple threads - each containing false information or nothing new - merged together into one. Please use the Ain't It Fun section for this Gigger. We won't ask you again.

Back on topic everyone.

Oh you mean this thread:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The thread contains multiple threads - each containing false information or nothing new - merged together into one. Please use the Ain't It Fun section for this Gigger. We won't ask you again.

Back on topic everyone.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Apologies... Fuhrer Madison. :P

Since we are practically at the end of 2005, perhaps madison could e-mail Merck and ask him what he meant about 2005 being the year of Guns n' Roses...

I actually think thats a pretty damn good question B)

• 2 weeks later...

First of all

-Merck said 2006 will be exciting year for Iron Maiden and Guns n Roses fans!

-Velvet Revolver will release their new album

-We will probably see new GnR song "Da Vinci Code"-Soundtrack (GnR camp havent denied it , remember ? And Richard has recorded new parts for album/ or might it be the song what will be in Soundtrack ?? Who knows )

-Many rumors of rock festivals, who want GnR play in they festival (for example Rock in Rio)

- the release of Chinese Democracy, it will come out 2006!!! Remember that i said that!!! ) rock4rock4rock4

First of all

-We will probably see new GnR song "Da Vinci Code"-Soundtrack (GnR camp havent denied it , remember ? And Richard has recorded new parts for album/ or might it be the song what will be in Soundtrack ?? Who knows )

-Many rumors of rock festivals, who want GnR play in they festival (for example Rock in Rio)

- the release of Chinese Democracy, it will come out 2006!!! Remember that i said that!!! ) rock4rock4rock4

ok...

First of all

yep, none of it will happen

He said the same thing last year

That one is most likely true

They haven't confirmed it either. We had a lot of rumours last year, but nothing happened.

Every time when Rock in Rio starts, there will be rumours of GNR playing there, same with the superbowl and the MTV awards

- the release of Chinese Democracy, it will come out 2006!!! Remember that i said that!!! )

That was said about 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2005.

So far it's the same shit as every year. Nothing has changed yet. I believe it when I see it.

First of all

Ok i think i will be mean and kill your excitement just by one question.

Didn't merck said 2005 would be the year of GNR ???Now take a few minutes to think about that .

I still believe there is a chance of this year be good for us , but i'm not 100% sure like you seem to be .

Because desapointment is something old to GNR fans