slash says:

mynameisjonas

Constant....yes.....I don't know how many times Slash has sued or went to court against Axl to stop Axls' new project. The name. The old song etc......So there has been a few

So which is it? Constant or a few?

And how many times has Slash and Duff filed lawsuits? Twice.

And neither suit was filed to stop Axl's new project.

he expressed with the other (matt and duff) how good it was to tour with another singer than Axl. And how bad it was back in the days.

Why fault him for expressing his own personal feelings? How do you dispute someone's emotions?

Did you tour with Axl? How was it? Perhaps you had a better experience and can't undestand why Slash feels a certain way about some things that happened in the past.... :tongue2:

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a radio station in Philly, a large metroplitan area. Did they shut down on New Years Day even though the station runs 24? I guess we'll see by tomorrow, unless of course they decided to extend their long weekend of partying.....

Slash's "constant" attacks? Must have missed a bunch of them.

I have seen nothing in recent years that indicates Slash is looking to reunite.

Unfortunately with some people they feel the need to distort all of Slash's comments and they would not be satisfied no matter what he has to say. If he describes an unpleasant experience he had while in GnR, he's bashing. If he says something positive he's lying.

Maybe someday, if/when these same people can perhaps experience a similar relationship on the level Slash and Axl shared, they will be better able to comment more objectively instead of trying to descibe something they have no clue about.

but you're one of the least objective people here :question:

LOL coming from someone who posted he wishes Slash was ALL white. No subjective thinking there... :rolleyes:

well sorry, I cna't help my personal emotions. I just relate better to people of my color. I have a hard time relating to a black man. That is not to sound racist or anything, I do have a very good black friend, but he doesn't act all gangsta and shady n shit. but on some ways, we just do not relate, and thats ok. we all come from differnet backgrounds. I just gel best with my own :shades:

This is a radio station in Philly, a large metroplitan area. Did they shut down on New Years Day even though the station runs 24? I guess we'll see by tomorrow, unless of course they decided to extend their long weekend of partying.....

Slash's "constant" attacks? Must have missed a bunch of them.

I have seen nothing in recent years that indicates Slash is looking to reunite.

Unfortunately with some people they feel the need to distort all of Slash's comments and they would not be satisfied no matter what he has to say. If he describes an unpleasant experience he had while in GnR, he's bashing. If he says something positive he's lying.

Maybe someday, if/when these same people can perhaps experience a similar relationship on the level Slash and Axl shared, they will be better able to comment more objectively instead of trying to descibe something they have no clue about.

but you're one of the least objective people here :question:

LOL coming from someone who posted he wishes Slash was ALL white. No subjective thinking there... :rolleyes:

well sorry, I cna't help my personal emotions. I just relate better to people of my color. I have a hard time relating to a black man. That is not to sound racist or anything, I do have a very good black friend, but he doesn't act all gangsta and shady n shit. but on some ways, we just do not relate, and thats ok. we all come from differnet backgrounds. I just gel best with my own :shades:

sorry, but that's just really narrow-minded and naive. Not ALL black people act "all gangsta, and shady n shit". There are plenty of white people who act like that. Eminem, maybe??

SORRY, back on topic now :)

Slash has NEVER gone to court to stop Axl's new project, nor to get the name back. Slash has filed 2 lawsuits total: one dealing with control of the old songs, and the other concerns Axl changing publishing companies w/o notifying S&D. :rolleyes: ..

I guess you're forgetting the comments Axl made at RIR about his "former friends."

"People worked very hard -- meaning my former friends -- to do everything they could so that I could not be here today. I say f*ck that. I am as hurt and disappointed as you that, unlike Oasis, we could not find a way to all get along."

Are you for real? :blink:

That has to be one of the most ignorant, biased and disturbing posts I've read yet.

What does the color of someone's skin have to do with the way you "relate" to someone? We're all people. We all bleed the same way. We all hurt the same way. And we all want to be shown the same respect. It's comments like yours that make me shake my head and pray that people who think as you do are almost extinct.

Slash has NEVER gone to court to stop Axl's new project, nor to get the name back. Slash has filed 2 lawsuits total: one dealing with control of the old songs, and the other concerns Axl changing publishing companies w/o notifying S&D. :rolleyes: ..

I guess you're forgetting the comments Axl made at RIR about his "former friends."

"People worked very hard -- meaning my former friends -- to do everything they could so that I could not be here today. I say f*ck that. I am as hurt and disappointed as you that, unlike Oasis, we could not find a way to all get along."

He could have been referring to any one of his "former friends". Chris Webber, a "former friend" filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against him for royalties from AFD & UYI.

GNR was also sued for copyright infringement for Don't Cry in 2000.

Gilby sued GNR too at one point.

LOTS of people have sued him.

Doesn't mean Slash & Duff didn't THREATEN to file a lawsuit, but there is no evidence showing that they actually filed lawsuits in the court system prior to 2004.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

He could have been referring to any one of his "former friends". Chris Webber, a "former friend" filed a multi-million dollar lawsuit against him for royalties from AFD & UYI.

Without watching the show i can't be sure - but wasn't that said right after he'd said. Some of the people who "you came to know and love"? If it was - then i doubt he meant Christ Weber.

R.

Doesn't mean Slash & Duff didn't THREATEN to file a lawsuit, but there is no evidence showing that they actually filed lawsuits in the court system prior to 2004.

Oh please ... his comment about "unlike Oasis, we could not find a way to all get along" clearly indicates he was referring to other band members.

Good try though. ;)

So what is going on with this then?

Nobody else has heard the interview, it's not posted on the site...... :question:

Why can't we ever hear of something that is just solidly true?? :no:

BP reported this. BP one of the Admin at Chinesedemocracy.com. he runs gunsnroses.us. it has been verified by different boardies on different boards. it is true. the only thing not know is if slash was being serious or not.

just clearing that up, there's been confusion at many different boards about who exactly BP is.

Edited by mynameisjonas

Wow, talk about conclusive proof. :rolleyes:

Don't tell me you're another one of these people that think Slash and Duff are the cause of the constant delays? Figured you were smarter than that.

Edited by Dead Flower

So what is going on with this then?

Nobody else has heard the interview, it's not posted on the site...... :question:

Why can't we ever hear of something that is just solidly true?? :no:

BP reported this. BP one of the Admin at Chinesedemocracy.com. he runs gunsnroses.us. it has been verified by different boardies on different boards. it is true. the only thing not know is if slash was being serious or not.

just clearing that up, there's been confusion at many different boards about who exactly BP is.

Thanks...

I hope we have an audio soon

Oh please ... his comment about "unlike Oasis, we could not find a way to all get along" clearly indicates he was referring to other band members.

Good try though. ;)

Still doesn't mean that S&D were filing a bunch of lawsuits. That statement Axl made could mean a whole lot of things. :P

Either way, it still wouldn't change my opinion of Axl or Slash.

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Good try though. ;)

Agreed it is about the old band, but nowhere in the statement does he mention a lawsuit.

.... Unfortunately with some people they feel the need to distort all of Slash's comments and they would not be satisfied no matter what he has to say. If he describes an unpleasant experience he had while in GnR, he's bashing. If he says something positive he's lying.

Geez, if this isn't the pot calling the kettle black, I don't know what is. :rolleyes:

It's a shame you wouldn't substitute every reference you have of "Slash" with "Axl" - and then follow your own advice.

meh, he said something take it for what it is.

Or get all bent out of shape, whatever your trip is...

people will always look for something to bitch about.

I bet when Chin Demo comes out, Axl's fans will still bitch about something and get all torn up for some reason or another. If Slash said he liked the album they will bitch, if Axl tries to explain the delay they will bitch, if NuGNR become the darlings or rock and every 14 yr old girl wears a GNR shirt like they wear Green Day shirts now they will bitch, if the album sells millions and all these new fans DARE not know the history of the band people will bitch...

but y'all do like your circles so I'll let you get back to your spinning around.

I could have sworn that I found some links to this story on sites such as Blabbermouth, but now a google search is no longer bringing it up...

http://www.roadrun.com/blabbermouth.net/ne...ewsitemID=46218

But all that's saying is that it was a posting on a fan site--we already knew this and it doesn't verify anything. It's cool if the interview and reported transcript are correct, but all we have is the word of a fan on a message board and I think we all know how reliable that can be...

Didn't Slash say a few weeks ago that there would be a Greatest Hits 2?

from CD.com

Here is a plausible explanation for this (based solely on my speculation):

Geffen/Interscope, repeating a tactic unsuccessfully used in 2004, tell Axl GH2 is coming out b/c CD has not been finished yet. Limited promotion begins (such as placement on Amazon's site). Slash, as a co-owner of GN'R's back-catalog, is informed. Slash is later informed that GH2 is cancelled. Naturally, he questions why. Geffen/Interscope tell him...

-dark globe

I think we may got the answer here.. It´s not just optimistic, it´s realistic too. I like this theory. Not for the hope it brings, but it seems logic.

from CD.com

Geffen/Interscope, repeating a tactic unsuccessfully used in 2004, tell Axl GH2 is coming out b/c CD has not been finished yet. Limited promotion begins (such as placement on Amazon's site). Slash, as a co-owner of GN'R's back-catalog, is informed. Slash is later informed that GH2 is cancelled. Naturally, he questions why. Geffen/Interscope tell him...

-dark globe

I think we may got the answer here.. It´s not just optimistic, it´s realistic too. I like this theory. Not for the hope it brings, but it seems logic.

u can't possibly actually believe this....

i mean come on- a major record company like Geffen snooping around, playing games with one of their artists? are you serious?

from CD.com

-dark globe

I agree with you dark globe. To me it sounds logical.

Maybe Slash spoke to Axl about GH2 and informed about the CD. There are a lot of possibilities. One thing is sure; Slash knows more about the CD than us, otherwise he wouldn't mention it on the radio.

mr.Q