Could Slash Be Challenging Axl By Naming A Date?

madison

Chinese Democracy will have good opening sales,.. but once the general public realizes that this isn't quite the Guns N' Roses they remember,.. it will fizzle out.

That's not to say the quality will be bad..

-Kickingthehabit

I agree. I think about 80% of CD's sales will come in its first week of release. Every fan GNR had will buy it, and the people curious will buy it. After that, the only direction it will go is down, regardless of its quality. The rock scene sucks right now, and CD isn't gonna change that fact. Rap/Hip Hop is the big thing now, and has been for years, and it wont be changing anytime soon. The only way CD starts some new trend is if CD isn't a typical rock record with a few rock ballads, but has different elements to it. Something that will force people to take notice of the music. Maybe something like late 80's The Cure mixed with early 90's Soundgarden. That would cause the earth's heart to skip a beat. rock1 rock4

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We all know that there's a greater chance of pigs flying outside the window -- than there is of Axl calling up Slash on the phone to tell him the album release date first. So I started to wonder - why would Slash make this comment during the interview?

When I listened to the interview again, I realized Slash quickly followed the CD release date with a comment that VR's album would be coming out around the same time. Does anyone think that maybe Slash was challenging Axl to release it in March so that it would come out around the same time as VR's second album - and the two albums could then go head-to-head with each other on the charts? If this happened - do you think the two albums would sell the same? Or do you think one would totally outsell the other and "prove" GNR needs/doesn't need the original members?

Your thoughts?

No.

We all know that there's a greater chance of pigs flying outside the window -- than there is of Axl calling up Slash on the phone to tell him the album release date first. So I started to wonder - why would Slash make this comment during the interview?

When I listened to the interview again, I realized Slash quickly followed the CD release date with a comment that VR's album would be coming out around the same time. Does anyone think that maybe Slash was challenging Axl to release it in March so that it would come out around the same time as VR's second album - and the two albums could then go head-to-head with each other on the charts? If this happened - do you think the two albums would sell the same? Or do you think one would totally outsell the other and "prove" GNR needs/doesn't need the original members?

Your thoughts?

No.

Best possible answer for this thread. :lol:

I think Slash knows Axl well enough to know that Axl will work to his own schedule and not be rushed by anyone. Slash probably knows ppl at Geffen, or has mates who are also mates with Axl and they got talkin a bit. Simple as that. Maybe Merck or someone asked Slash to mention it on radio as a favour or somethin.... <_<

I do think CD is comin this year, and im gonna get VRs album too rock3

Grimo.

But c´mon dudes...think a bit...$la$h announcing the date of this long awaited GNR album :rolleyes:

I think he heard the rumour and said it, that´s all.

but then he could be talking to axl and axl mentioned it coz as slash said "its all media hype"

SS.

I can't help but notice after listening to the interview that Slash talks about Axl's new record without ANY prompting. He simply drops it into the conversation, and you can hear the surprise in the interviewer's response.

But at the end of the day we have to face the fact that Slash is simply telling the world what he has heard and that's about as concrete as baby shit!

For the record I can't wait for this fuckin' record!

I knew a thread like this would appear :D

Anyway, I don't think that Slash is still stuck in childhood with this challenging thoughts. He probably just heard something and threw it out during an interview. Big deal.

Oh wait...it IS a big deal, because we're talking 'bout GNR... and GNR gives NO information to its fans... so we have to rely on something which was said by a man who's not in the band anymore for ten years...

That's sad... but cool from Slash to give a small hint.

Oh yeah, I think CD will sell more than the new VR CD.

and I'll buy both albums.

Anyway, I don't think that Slash is still stuck in childhood with this challenging thoughts. He probably just heard something and threw it out during an interview. Big deal.

Oh wait...it IS a big deal, because we're talking 'bout GNR... and GNR gives NO information to its fans... so we have to rely on something which was said by a man who's not in the band anymore for ten years...

Yeah you could be right. I mean, how many different websites are speculating march 2006? Slash might have read one and thought "holy fuck it's coming out!" and when asked about it simply blurted it out. Who knows. But i hope CD will come out this year

Yeah you could be right. I mean, how many different websites are speculating march 2006? Slash might have read one and thought "holy fuck it's coming out!" and when asked about it simply blurted it out. Who knows. But i hope CD will come out this year

I don't think so. Slash knows just as well as us fans about all the bullshit rumours and dates we have been hearing. IMO Slash wouldn't have said something unless he got it from a good source (geffen)

ive emailed slash telling him the album does not exist

i'll await his reply

^ Ha I have that wallet :)

Chinese Democracy has been promoted in a kind of way so long that "everyboy" in the rock world knows about it. I think people are wondering if Axls still got "it". Only that will make Chinese Democracy sell better than Velvet Revolver.

And if Axl has good songs in it i think it will sell alot more than VR. Anyway Axls music is easier to like than this hard rock from VR!

So CD will beat the new VR album i every way!

Found it on Chinesedemocracy.com:

"KLOS 95.5 here in Los Angeles, the only classic rock station in the region was talking about a March release date for CD. Maybe Slash is right. They're a respectable station, and their pro Guns, it's not like they were making fun, so maybe this is it."

If mods wanna move it fair dos. Didnt know which CD related topic to put it in!

Grimo.

Edited by Grimo85