CD could sound like... Queen.

Ferrari

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"I'm trying to do something different. Some of the arrangements are kind of like Queen."

He just said the CD will be arranged sort of like Queen. He never said anything about it sounding like Queen.

Sure.

It will be a fantastic mix of Queen arrangements sounding like NIN.

Great.

Actually, I think that would be awsome. Axl+Queen+NIN. I would totally love to hear CD like that.

I'm lame.

I come to a GNR forum and bash the CD, even though I've never heard it and don't think I'll like it. Yet I'll buy it anyway. Yes, I'm really THAT much of a loser.

I feel sorry for you. I really do.

Edited by Howard2k

Queen is just the best rock band of all time. If the new album have some sound like Queen then it will be a great album.

FREDDIE MERCURY, BRIAN MAY, ROGER TAYLOR, JOHN DEACON RULES!!!!

QUEEN RULES!!!!

I wholeheartly agree with that.

If CD is influenced by Queen, it will be one hell of an album.

Why holy fuck can't Axl do a GUNS N'ROSES RECORD ?

Why does he need to refer to NIN or to Queen ? Fuck NIN. Fuck Queen. Fuck Buckethead. Fuck Finck. Fuck Stinson. Fuck indie credibility. Fuck the media. GN'R never needed that kind of crap !

With his constant allusions to other bands, Axl gives the impression of not having personality. Guns N'Roses had its own originality, but it seems that Axl doesn't believe in GN'R anymore : he wants something else : computers, musicians coming from "alternative" bands. He turned his back to GN'R roots. But he still wants to keep the name... <_<

Can you imagine Mick Jagger saying : "The next Rolling Stones album will have some Queen arrangements."

Or Angus Young :"NIN records are so impressive that AC/DC is going indus." Come on, seriously...

Guns N'Roses is not the right place to do experiments. It's too big, or at least it was...

Axl just forgot that he could have had a SIDE PROJECT instead of ruining the name of Guns N'Roses.

I see what you're saying.

You're right about the Stones and AC/DC, however, I aslo think that if Richards decided to leave or Angus, those bands would cease to exist. This is not the case however for GnR.

To be honest, the nu band cannot sound like GnR, because they aren't. The players aren't the same, Axl's voice isn't the same. Finck will probably sound like a better guitarist doing NIN type songs, because that's what he's better at playing, not Slash's bluesy smooth style. Axl's voice has changed as well. Queen type songs probaly fit his style and vocal range now.

I admit that I was disappointed when I read Axl's comment about the album not sounding like Guns N' Roses. But you know what, it doesn't mean that the album will be a bad one, or that we won't like it. That's what I'm hoping! :)

I admit that I was disappointed when I read Axl's comment about the album not sounding like Guns N' Roses. But you know what, it doesn't mean that the album will be a bad one, or that we won't like it. That's what I'm hoping! :)

But do you think that back in 1990 Axl would have said:

"We'll be back with two new albums and they'll sound just like the GNR we all know and love"

or

"We'll be back with two new albums and we'll be experimenting with some piano, strings and other different sounds. It won't sound a lot like AFD".

IMO the UYIs sounds significantly different to AFD. While I think that there are some really crap songs on the UYIs, there is also some absolutely incredible top class material.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I don't see how it's all that remarkable that the album could have Queen and NIN influences. Axl isn't one-dimensional and you have to expect it to show on the album.

What is the point in calling it a Guns N' Roses record if it ain't gonna sound like them? :question:

That's the million dollar question isn't it? But you know what's working in Axl's favor? GnR released only 2 studio albums, of which AFD and UYI are pretty different stylistically. Most bands have a certain formula or genre they stick to. GnR weren't really like that thanks to Axl who wanted to try his hand at everything. CD will be the same way. Maybe Axl thinks Guns N Roses can cover different styles of music in their own unique way. So GnR in essence won't really have a "genre" they are pigeonholed into, their style may be their ability to do anything and everything.

Whether we agree with what Axl's doing or not, it's a pretty innovative and original way of looking at music. They only sad thing is we lost 4/5 of everything we had loved originally about Guns N Roses.

Why does he need to refer to NIN or to Queen ? Fuck NIN. Fuck Queen. Fuck Buckethead. Fuck Finck. Fuck Stinson. Fuck indie credibility. Fuck the media. GN'R never needed that kind of crap !

With his constant allusions to other bands, Axl gives the impression of not having personality. Guns N'Roses had its own originality, but it seems that Axl doesn't believe in GN'R anymore : he wants something else : computers, musicians coming from "alternative" bands. He turned his back to GN'R roots. But he still wants to keep the name... <_<

Can you imagine Mick Jagger saying : "The next Rolling Stones album will have some Queen arrangements."

Or Angus Young :"NIN records are so impressive that AC/DC is going indus." Come on, seriously...

Guns N'Roses is not the right place to do experiments. It's too big, or at least it was...

Axl just forgot that he could have had a SIDE PROJECT instead of ruining the name of Guns N'Roses.

You are missing ONE BIG POINT. You tell us what YOU think the album should sound like and what YOU think Axl should be doing. Thankfully, you get NO say in the matter. AXL IS MAKING THE RECORD THAT AXL ROSE WANTS TO MAKE - and if he wants some of the songs to have a queen feel to him, then that's his perogative.

No offense to you, but personally, I'll take what AXL wants to do over what YOU want him to do.

You are missing ONE BIG POINT. You tell us what YOU think the album should sound like and what YOU think Axl should be doing. Thankfully, you get NO say in the matter. AXL IS MAKING THE RECORD THAT AXL ROSE WANTS TO MAKE - and if he wants some of the songs to have a queen feel to him, then that's his perogative.

No offense to you, but personally, I'll take what AXL wants to do over what YOU want him to do.

You have the right to do so.

Personally, I prefer to have a critical point of view about what Axl is doing. If he wants to keep the name, he must stay true to GN'R spirit and that doesn't include Queen arrangements or NIN sounding...

I consider including a song like Silkworms in a GN'R show as a crime. The same for OMG. If I had had a say in the matter, I would never have allowed that kind of things to happen.

Edited by Ferrari

You have the right to do so.

Personally, I prefer to have a critical point of view about what Axl is doing. If he wants to keep the name, he must stay true to GN'R spirit and that doesn't include Queen arrangements or NIN sounding...

I consider including a song like Silkworms in a GN'R show as a crime. The same for OMG. If I had had a say in the matter, I would never have allowed that kind of things to happen.

i will be embarrested if this album and axl sound like NIN's. axl should be too.

I doubt it will be sounding like Queen or NIN...When I hear The Blues,Madagascar and even Oh My God,I don't hear NIN.

Arrangements people...Not the sound.

Sure there will be some synth,piano etc,but it won't sound purely like that NIN shit.

Then Axl shouldn't mention the name of those bands in the interviews.