GnR playing live in 2006

dobadog

It'll be VERY interesting to see what Axl does to the live shows so that he gets a break during the action. During the Illusions era, we had drum solo's and guitar solo's, sometimes as long as 20-30+ mins during the show. Then on the 2002 tour, Buckethead would do his solo, nunchucks, giving away toys (?? WTF!). Finck's solo's were limited to a couple of minutes.......

Now its only Robin and Fortus. Do you think Finck could handle say 15 mins on stage on his own so uncle Axl can catch his breath? Can the guy even jam? I guess he can, he is a professional guitar player afterall. But will it be any good?........ I'd honestly be surprised if Axl could do a 2-3 hour show now without his famous breaks during the shows........

LA

Well, I hope Fortus will handle the posible guitar solo, because Finck really bores me off. Sossego was really bad if you ask me. And by the way, drop that stupid haircut! :rofl-lol:

• Replies 563
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a pretty good feeling about Buckethead coming back.

My prediction comes from his VERY close relationship to Brain. They have been doing gigs together a lot in the past year or so. A few records that involve Brain such the highly anticipated Praxis album have been put off for unkown and mysterious reasons. Pretty much all of his recording with other bands such as Praxis and Thanatopsis has been set aside. Also it looks like his tour is stopping June 10th without any news of a Euro branch. Also no news of a Deli Creeps tour to follow up their new album.

He may "miss" a few of the first shows but once things get rolling and he is done with his solo stuff, I think he will be back on the GNR train.

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

I have a pretty good feeling about Buckethead coming back.

My prediction comes from his VERY close relationship to Brain. They have been doing gigs together a lot in the past year or so. A few records that involve Brain such the highly anticipated Praxis album have been put off for unkown and mysterious reasons. Pretty much all of his recording with other bands such as Praxis and Thanatopsis has been set aside. Also it looks like his tour is stopping June 10th without any news of a Euro branch. Also no news of a Deli Creeps tour to follow up their new album.

He may "miss" a few of the first shows but once things get rolling and he is done with his solo stuff, I think he will be back on the GNR train.

AFOS,

Please don't get my hopes up like that.

I want to believe every word you wrote

but....damn I just hope your right....can't

you give us your source or even a slightly more

solid base for this rumor...please...the suspense

is choking the air out of me.....do tell, do tell!

:P

peace

HGZ

My gut is telling me that they are not going to just trot out there for this huge European tour with some 2nd rate fill-in guitarist to replace Col.Sander's friend. I think it will be someone very well-known, at least untill the tour is overwith.......

My gut is telling me that they are not going to just trot out there for this huge European tour with some 2nd rate fill-in guitarist to replace Col.Sander's friend. I think it will be someone very well-known, at least untill the tour is overwith.......

yngwie malmsteem?!?!?!?!

nah, both egos are too big

I miss colonel sander's friend...he was a hoot to watch on stage...kinda reminded me of the stage presence of that chain smoking, jack daniels drinking curly haired guitarist with the top hat.....

Yeah, the Nun-Chucks were a nice touch

I don't think there will be a "new" guitarist.

They are probably tweaking the songs and preparing to play them live with the guys that are in the band at the moment.

No replacement. Just finck and fortus. the dynamic duo :P

:rolleyes:

I don't think there will be a "new" guitarist.

They are probably tweaking the songs and preparing to play them live with the guys that are in the band at the moment.

No replacement. Just finck and fortus. the dynamic duo :P

:rolleyes:

nope sorry man youre wrong.

bucketheads replacement for the extra guitar player will be slash.

fink n fortus have been kicked and have since been replaced by the kool-aid man and chuck norris.

Link from the zelda games is replacing cris pittman on special effects and on drums brain has been replaced by Donkey Kong and on bass we got steven seagull.

dizzy reed has also been replaced by Van Helsing.

sorry guys but like it or not this is Guns N' Roses now.

deal with it!

THEY 'RE GONNA GET A REPLACEMENT FOR BUCKETHEAD :fuckyou: some people here don't think... Do you think Axl would have canceled RIR4 if they can play with just Robin & Richard? If it couldn't be done then, then it can't be done now and if Axl had to miss his biggest comeback opportunity back then because he obviously couldn't go out on stage without Buckethead or at least a replacement, then he couldn't now either so they have a new guitarist, only time will tell.

I mean this message to those who think Buckethead won't be replaced, and not to the topic starter.

I'll break it down for you lads very simply...ok? You need 3 guitarists to play the new material for guns n roses right?

Here you go right here:

The Top Hatted One

f_slash08.jpg + Colonel Sander's Friend buckethead.jpg + King Of Cool gunsnroses-colour25.jpg = Most kickass guitar section ever

Add to that the red headed one, the king of beers and any drummer and you have the greatest band ever. :D

Edited by SylvesterStallone