Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think IRS is not that great of a song. It has potential, but admit it guys, it's utter shit compared to anything off AFD/ UYI. Mabye it's been tweaked more though since all we have is a demo.

On the other hand, I think Better is a BRILLIANT song and i've had it stuck in my head since the first time I heard it two days ago. I've got a good feeling about the album and I think it's going to hit #1.

If its ever released of course

*COUGHaxlreleasethemotherfuckingalbumrightnow!!!!!COUGH*

:)

Fuckin' so much shit going down that I can't keep up. :blink:

Anyways, someone mentioned in another thread that is now locked, the possibility that Slash could be the one doing the TWAT solo, and Kicking The Habit mentioned that it sounds very Slash-esque. I haven't heard it yet (that's right quadlaser, deal with it), so I can't give any opinions on the solo itself...but I just wanted to note that TWAT is a song that Axl had been working on back in the early/mid 90's. I take it many of you will see where I'm going with this.

I'm not saying it is, I'm merely saying it could be...and it would be funny as hell if it was.

Edited by KBear

Fuckin' so much shit going down that I can't keep up. :blink:

Anyways, someone mentioned in another thread that is now locked, the possibility that Slash could be the one doing the TWAT solo, and Kicking The Habit mentioned that it sounds very Slash-esque. I haven't heard it yet (that's right quadlaser, deal with it), so I can't give any opinions on the solo itself...but I just wanted to note that TWAT is a song that Axl had been working on back in the early/mid 90's. I take it many of you will see where I'm going with this.

I'm not saying it is, I'm merely saying it could be...and it would be funny as hell if it was.

I was about to mention that Axl's voice sounds very strong and much more 90's in TWAT.

Of the three tracks that I've heard, I'd have to say that Better is the best of them. All three songs really sound good and Axl's vocals are as strong as they've ever been. They lay to rest some of the worries that I've had that the new material wouldn't have the "guns n' roses sound" but they do and it's the GN'R sound and Axl has brought it up to date. If these are two year old demos then we're really in for a treat when the album is released.

I first little guitar solo after the chorus in BETTER just kills me. Sounds like it could have been steve vai there (deep inside, Axl knows bucket is the right guy).

I think that even though CD is completely different than AFD, it will have the same effect.

So far we've heard

IRS-kick ass

TWAT-kick's double ass

Better-Best so far

Madagascar-great 9even though we've only heard it live, we get the idea)

The Blues-Another kick ass that will rival BETTER

Chinese Democracy-not all that great but still there

WE've got the idea of 6 songs so far and that's half the album and they all kick ass.

Now considering that in today's music workd, usually an album only contains half to One good song. The rest are all fillers.

I'm sure CD will have a great impact!

Edited by abitestranged

well after reading a few stuff, sounds like their around 2 years old, which isn't suprizeing. Thei demo's can't wait till we get the real stuff, can't wait for cd to come out. As i posted i will buy 2 copys of the cd, cause that just me. I love them all, if you listen to them, you can see that axl put alot of time and work into the words and i love them.

Is anyone a little pissed off that the 3 leaked tracks arnt really 'Rockers' like afd tracks?

Has Axl rose become m.o.r dad rock :drevil:

to an extent, i agree with you. but i am also very excited about this "NuGNR" sound. And I hope we will get a few rockers, maybe prostitute or the general.

This is just my general opinion: This new stuff rocks. And quite frankly, I dont think the old guys could have played it like this. I am very excited to see CD, and i would acutaully be a little upset if slash was back in the band or anyone.

These new guys rock!

Rock on! rock3

I'll Rank

Twat-10/10

better-10/10(right now)

So these songs are as good as pc, scom and nr, are they? :drevil:

QUOTE(Slash n' Burn @ Feb 18 2006, 04:30 PM)

Is anyone a little pissed off that the 3 leaked tracks arnt really 'Rockers' like afd tracks?

Has Axl rose become m.o.r dad rock

to an extent, i agree with you. but i am also very excited about this "NuGNR" sound. And I hope we will get a few rockers, maybe prostitute or the general.

This is just my general opinion: This new stuff rocks. And quite frankly, I dont think the old guys could have played it like this. I am very excited to see CD, and i would acutaully be a little upset if slash was back in the band or anyone.

These new guys rock!

Rock on!

Very true, give these a guys a chance. I still feel that the new tracks dont sound like stereotypical gnr! I honeslty think Axl should have a go with these and this band but another band name would be better i think as these tracks are just not classic gnr sounding songs!

Drop the gnr name and axl can have it back when he wants to play a set of all the old songs again!