Discuss your thoughts of the leaked CD tracks ...

gunsguy

Me and all my friends that have listened to the song have all agreed, this should without a doubt be the single.

It's amazingly catchy.

It does a fine job of introducing the new band.

It's too good not to be a huge hit.

This HAS to be the single. It has to be.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should do something different, do a dual single relase at the same time. Maybe release a song like the blues, or better along side a song thats fast and hard ala garden of eden, so they can capture both sides of the fanbase in one big hit, and at the same time, wouldn't it be cool to be listening to the top 40 and the top 2 songs are gnr songs, or haha turn on trl and see a bunch of teenies sitting around watching 2 gnr videos. Just an idea.

That would definitely be something different, and I'm all for trying something new. The only risk you run is having the 2 singles cancel each other out, in essence each "diluting" the impact that the other could have. But at the same time, music is so shitty nowadays that most singles carry over into getting airplay after the release of the followup anyways - so that will almost certainly happen with songs at the quality we've heard from GN'R.

TWAT really is in the mold of estranged. It almost seems like it could be a continuation, maybe the final chapter in the November Rain, Dont Cry, Estranged Trilogy. The words sort of follow right where estranged left off, going from the wedding through hard times, to the breakup and now reminiscing? I really like the song. It's probably my third favorite of the four, ahead of Don't Cry. But thank god this CD (at least what we have heard of it) is not just average or waiting 12 years to be let down. Axl might be a bit off his rocker, but he's still a genius!

I'm going to come out of the lurker closet, I watch these boards like a hawk though i've not signed up since a few days ago... :scared: Anyways, I'm liking Twat and Better a shitload, although IRS could use some work. And yes, if the songs are all like these (piano-ish epic feel to them) then I believe it will change the face of music, unlike the Darkness (good shit though).

You know it would fit very well in that scenario. It honestly seems like he is looking back at everything as a much older person. But then again, the song itself doesn't seem to be just about love, girl, ex, seems more pointed at GnR falling apart, and then his relationships seem to run parrallel with that part of his life in the song.

Killing two birds with one song maybe ha ha. But yea, I really don't know, cause on a side note, I have always felt all of GnR;s songs have been connected, for example I always thought the whole afd album told a great story about how he went from young person in a new place (welcome to the jungle) to his drug problems, and going from there his view changing and the place becoming paradise city, then he met a girl, and then from my michelle to rocket queen it told the story of his love life at that point.

But since he almost always bases his lyrics on whats going on in his life its not hard to draw a lot of connections.

Anyways I am tired and prolly rambling so g night all.

Of the songs heard so far, I like 'The Blues' for a first single. But given the shitty attention span of the average listener, 'Better' would be a better bet. More accessible. Kick ass song too... - :ph34r:

I agree with everything you said about The Blues and Better being a kiss ass song, but I'll add that for all we know Better could be a 12 minute track so it's a bit early to say it is more accessible. :P

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

If any of the previously leaked songs are released as singles, I fear for the success of Chinese Democracy.

Edited by Ohdistortedsmile1789