Do you think Slash & Co regret leaving

Axl-rocks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

definately not, purely because this album (CD) is of axls creation and his alone, he's very controlling and a hard character to get on with because of his mood swings. Slash wanted one thing axl wanted an entirely different other, thus Slash wasn't going to stay around no matter how much $$ you put in front of him, especially waiting all the time axl has as well, VR are a solid unit but they are certainly not guns n roses, because at the end of it all axl has proven that he is truly the heart of guns n roses and those around him simply are 'expendable'.

Slash probably regrets signing over the GnR name to Axl, that was a dumb thing to do and tbh that showed Axl's true intentions, hes a control freak and its a shame such a brilliant musician and artist such as him is so flawed, but most genius is isn't it?

No way. Of course they must have very mixed(mostly negative) emotions about GNR music being released with a new lineup, but if these past 10 years prove nothing else, it's that Axl--as talented as he is--is a frustrating nightmare to have to work with just like they and others painted him those many years ago. Only wanting to work on his schedule, missing sessions and then showing up at 5am and expecting everyone else to drop their pants and oblige, being inactive for long periods of time, causing riots, etc. As much as they've always recognized Axl's immense talents, this last decade could've only reinforced for them they made the only decision they could.

And Axl is best at this point working with session musicians who are willing to stay on the dole . It's the only way he could keep a "band" together like this...

Edited by Turn_It_Up

what Slash may say is something to the effect of:

'He didn't need to get rid of the whole band to do this...we could have done this with him'

That's the really unique thing about this entire situation..

When grunge was popular, Axl wanted to do a grunge record. When industrial music hit the scene, Axl wanted to do an industrial record..

From what we've heard,.. the new material is not a noticeable departure from the original bands sound.

It's all the more heartbreaking for the fans,.. considering we know Axl could have made this album with the original guys,.. it was just the collective ego on everyone's part that ruined those chances.

More than a decade for an album that sounds like Use Your Illusion?

So many years have been lost.. and, I believe that when Chinese Democracy hits -- they'll all realize this.

-Kickingthehabit

Great post, couldn't have said it better myself. After all those trends came and went, Axl is cutting an album with certain key tracks that are very illlusion era in style....The old band would have played the hell out of them.

who cares if the old band coulda or couldn't play this shit?? THEY ARE DONE. Coulda woulda shoulda. the band is fine as it is. some people are fucking ungreatful piece of shit "fans".

Maybe they hear the songs and think 13 Years for This?

this is exactly how i feel!!

This could be true. Because the songs aren't very guitar oriented. I.R.S. has the most guitar out of all but it's not that complicated. Just power chords. Not really any complex riffs.

:unsure:

The question is...does Slash know how too any more?

You changed your name.... :o

After all this time, that idiot finally realized that his name was not spelled right. It was fun roll instead of funeral. :lol:

Imagine what he would sound like. Probably has speech impediment and hooked on phonics.

Dumbass!!!!

Honestly, Slash isnt nearly as egotistical as Axl, if at all.

Hes a man who wants to hide under a hat and hair because hes a little shy so that he can play his guitar.

The only real prob with Axl and Slash was that Slash is much more simplistic in his approach to life and Axl overanalyzes things to death.

Then Duff is just a sweety pie as well. They just wanted to play Rock n Roll and didnt get Axl's insistance on making it more difficult than that.

Im sure they have no real regrets because they are in a top band and playing music. But they both have huge hearts so I believe the frienship factor is something that has bothered them more than anything else, and what they viewed as Axl's betrayal of them. Axl is much more methodical in his thinking.

Hes a man who wants to hide under a hat and hair because hes a little shy so that he can play his guitar.

The only real prob with Axl and Slash was that Slash is much more simplistic in his approach to life and Axl overanalyzes things to death.

Then Duff is just a sweety pie as well. They just wanted to play Rock n Roll and didnt get Axl's insistance on making it more difficult than that.

Im sure they have no real regrets because they are in a top band and playing music. But they both have huge hearts so I believe the frienship factor is something that has bothered them more than anything else, and what they viewed as Axl's betrayal of them. Axl is much more methodical in his thinking.

Yes. all very true.

Yes. all very true.

Thank You, I do what I can. ;)

Slash might find the new music interesting. Maybe the only regrets will be the money and crowds Chinese Democracy will maybe bring in. I wonder if ex GnR members will gain financially from CD what with it being released under the GnR name.

I wonder if ex GnR members will gain financially from CD what with it being released under the GnR name.

not from CD directly, they signed their rights over

Yes, when threatened by Axl before a live show that if they didnt, he wouldnt take the stage that day.

I hardly think they could anticipate the long term ramifications of what they were signing that day with the pressure of the crowd who had already been left waitting and all.

The question is...does Slash know how too any more?

You changed your name.... :o

After all this time, that idiot finally realized that his name was not spelled right. It was fun roll instead of funeral. :lol:

Imagine what he would sound like. Probably has speech impediment and hooked on phonics.

Dumbass!!!!

I'll give you a classic "funral" reply:

:lol::lol::lol:

I wonder if ex GnR members will gain financially from CD what with it being released under the GnR name.

Yes, when threatened by Axl before a live show that if they didnt, he wouldnt take the stage that day.

I hardly think they could anticipate the long term ramifications of what they were signing that day with the pressure of the crowd who had already been left waitting and all.

stop trying to give excuses, they signed their rights away :rolleyes:

Under duress. If you're conned out of your rightful property, I doubt you'd write it off as an excuse. This is all water under the bridge but you are amazingly cold hearted. Are you really that much of a fanboy that you don't have any humanity left in you? What Axl did was straight up wrong. He's not infallible, he's just a man. He fucked over his own friends. That really sucks from any point of view. Do you recall how Izzy was given his walking papers? Those two grew up together. Izzy was the coolest and nicest guy in the band. Axl sent him high and dry with a pittance.

Under duress. If you're conned out of your rightful property, I doubt you'd write it off as an excuse. This is all water under the bridge but you are amazingly cold hearted. Are you really that much of a fanboy that you don't have any humanity left in you? What Axl did was straight up wrong. He's not infallible, he's just a man. He fucked over his own friends. That really sucks from any point of view. Do you recall how Izzy was given his walking papers? Those two grew up together. Izzy was the coolest and nicest guy in the band. Axl sent him high and dry with a pittance.

People like this guy here are one dimensional in their mindset and arent able to see things from all sides and come to a logical yet objective conclusion, whatev.

We all know what Axl did yet we are still here, I dont approve of it but I think that a crappy childhood makes some people extremely calculating, so Iguess I cut Axl slack because of that. He really is an interesting combo of a man who has a huge heart yet can be ruthless all at once. Just an observation.

Yeah Axl's gonna get alot of crap about "This is what you can do with 13 YEARS??"

But I think the album will be truly amazing from what we've heard and I just hope it doesn't create any conflicts between the original members

i imagine vr could've come up with better' if they'd took 13 years

Edited by lawrence

Slash might find the new music interesting. Maybe the only regrets will be the money and crowds Chinese Democracy will maybe bring in. I wonder if ex GnR members will gain financially from CD what with it being released under the GnR name.

He'll get more money from the 5 VR Albums he'll release while Axl's putting Leaks online

GnR turn up to the first festival show and new GnR take the stage and belt through Paradise City.

then Axl says "We have a couple of special guests here tonight". Out come Slash, Izzy, Matt et. al.

They run through some classic AFD and maybe some UYI stuff.

Then Axl says "All right - who wants to hear what we've been doing for the last 10 years"

The crowd cheers. Axl says "Let's have a round of applause for our special guests". Slash and co. leave the stage.

New GnR cut into the new Chi Dem material.

It would allow the band to "bridge the gap" between old GnR and new GnR but does not require the reformation of the old band and sacrifice of the new band.

Far fetched? Sure. But it's a way that allows Slash to play with the band, as per Hallfin (sp?) and it does not require the destruction of New GnR and re-recording of all their material etc.