Merck Says Radio Stations Sent Cease & Desist Letters

madison

So wait a minute: they sent a C&D order to a fan site but not to a radio station?

And why did they not send same letter to the fan site hosted on Sanctuary servers?

I think mygnrforum.com should move servers to another country and tell Merck to fuck off. Seriously.

i agree merck can fuck off, that fuckhead has lied to us for years.

HEY!! leave merck alone, hes done nothing but Give and Give to the gnr community. now its time for us to give something BACK! something like ... a big fuck you note.

Edited by Robocop

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.. Merck is just doing his job.

What i don't understand are the fans who act like they work for the label.

I have to agree.

Merck is just doing his job - which is representing his client and looking after his client's best interest. What's wrong with that?

I don't understand how it's being played on radio already considering how hard it is for a label to get a song in rotation in the first place. This must be a first, demanding a song be taken out of rotation :rofl-lol:

I don't think IRS is probably the first impression Axl wanted to give of the new material [not an axl bash] so Hopefully good will come out of this for all involved and axl and the label will realize that putting the album out soon is in his best intrest and that of his fans rather than have to beat them down legally.

So wait a minute: they sent a C&D order to a fan site but not to a radio station?

And why did they not send same letter to the fan site hosted on Sanctuary servers?

I think mygnrforum.com should move servers to another country and tell Merck to fuck off. Seriously.

HEY!! leave merck alone, hes done nothing but Give and Give to the gnr community. now its time for us to give something BACK!

I wouldn't say he has "given" anything to this community. I don't think he, or anyone else has done much for this community over the past four years.

I have to agree.

Merck is just doing his job - which is representing his client and looking after his client's best interest. What's wrong with that?

if he was doing his job then jarmo's site would be banned from posting lyrics and etc too and have a cease and desist...

if he was doing his job... then he would've told us something more than just trying to say don't leak...

if he was doing his job...the radios wouldn't have played it today at all...and yet they did...cease and desist orders were not sent because of the simple fact that GnR managment would've stopped the song by now if they were....stations wouldnt ignore it....

if they did ignore it...stupid of them...if they didnt get one..then merck just lied to u...

basically..pick ur own poison's the game merck's playing here..

Agreed..He just wants to know the radio stations which are playing the leaked songs.and obviously trying to use the fans here to give this information to him.

Edited by bucketheadisgod

HEY!! leave merck alone, hes done nothing but Give and Give to the gnr community. now its time for us to give something BACK!

I wouldn't say he has "given" anything to this community. I don't think he, or anyone else has done much for this community over the past four years.

the funny thing was i was bieng sarcastic.

I have to agree.

Whats wrong is that all he seems to do is snuff out rumors, and send out threats/cease & desist orders. Which is fine, he is probably more or less Axl's puppet, but still. As a fan, wouldn't you like to occasional statement on the progress of the band/album? I know I would. A simple statement: "Axl would like to thank the fans for their support, and all of the positive reactions about the recent tracks that have leaked, etc...etc...etc... While it is unfortunate that we ask that these tracks spread no further, you the fans can be reassured that you will be rewarded for your patience shortly."

Even something vague like that would be fine. I'm just sick of Merck and "Management" popping up when its time to do something negative. How about contributing something POSITIVE for ONCE.

Agreed. Any little tidbit of positive info would be mostly appreciated, especially at a time when everything is all over the place with the leaks and all. You don't have to tell us that the album is done or anything, but instead of popping up like a zit everytime there's a negative thing to be said, maybe we could have some positives thrown our way, so we don't get irritable.

I mean, let's be honest, no one gives a fuck about Cease and Desist faxes or letters. They just don't. The fans don't care, and really, should they? They don't want to hear about this mumbo jumbo. Granted, Merck did not tell us about these, but still, no one cares about them. The only people who do care, are the ones who thought Axl had leaked the tracks to create a buzz. Now they know it's not true. We should just keep it at that, and not span it into a 12-page thread of "Fuck Merck" posts. Personally, it's getting frustrating to only hear about this side of the story, but still, a thread this long about something so minor to us is pointless and unnecessary. Especially considering the fact that no one is listing radio stations. Let's move on here.

I have to agree.

Whats wrong is that all he seems to do is snuff out rumors, and send out threats/cease & desist orders. Which is fine, he is probably more or less Axl's puppet, but still. As a fan, wouldn't you like to occasional statement on the progress of the band/album? I know I would. A simple statement: "Axl would like to thank the fans for their support, and all of the positive reactions about the recent tracks that have leaked, etc...etc...etc... While it is unfortunate that we ask that these tracks spread no further, you the fans can be reassured that you will be rewarded for your patience shortly."

Even something vague like that would be fine. I'm just sick of Merck and "Management" popping up when its time to do something negative. How about contributing something POSITIVE for ONCE.

I know how you feel. It does suckk to be a fan of this band in that repect because they lock us out. But how can he not attempt to stop the radio from putting the song on rotation? there is no product to sell yet and IRS was probably not the first impression they wanted to project to mass radio.

But look, he does his job and that's to do whatever axl pays him to, and you being a fan do yours and hopefully they are smart enough not to go after the fanbase but just the radio stations and such.

I have to agree.

I know how you feel. It does suckk to be a fan of this band in that repect because they lock us out. But how can he not attempt to stop the radio from putting the song on rotation? there is no product to sell yet and IRS was probably not the first impression they wanted to project to mass radio.

But look, he does his job and that's to do whatever axl pays him to, and you being a fan do yours and hopefully they are smart enough not to go after the fanbase but just the radio stations and such.

can someone send me mercks email address? I have something I would like to ask him.

... its his job to request assistance from us?..

He didn't ask for our assistance.

Please - re-read my posts in this thread.

Geez ... I can't believe how many people are interpreting it the wrong way.

He claimed he issued C&D letters ....

I was simply curious to know if radio stations were paying any attention to the "letters" or if they were playing the track anyway. :drevil:

BTW - what exactly are you ceasing to do?

There's a whole page filled with items.

But the part - in question - about lyrics:

Your website has also posted lyrics to several songs from the forthcoming

"Chinese Democracy" album. The lyrics can be accessed via the following

links:

(Letter lists a bunch of links that Eric has since removed in order to comply)

These actions violate Mr. Rose's copyrights. Copyright infringement

is punishable through the imposition of injunctive relief as well as actual

damages in the amount of your profits, or in the alternative statutory

damages up to $250,000 per infringement, punitive damages, attorneys' fees,

and costs of suit. ..

This is the reason our forum isn't allowing its members to post the lyrics.

well, I gues rock n' roll is dead. GNR lost the true spirit of rock n' Roll. This letter from management is totaly gay. I used to love GNR because they were living in danger, ecces and 'we don't give a fuck' spirit. Now they are just business men who trying hard to fuck they're fans and to restrain their freedom. :(

I have to agree.

While its true that Merck has to look after his clients interests, who the fucks job is it to look after the fans interests, because they should be fired.

I have to agree.

While its true that Merck has to look after his clients interests, who the fucks job is it to look after the fans interests, because they should be fired.

Unitll we all band together and pay a manager 15 percent of everything we make, we don't get looked out for.

I have to agree.

can someone send me mercks email address? I have something I would like to ask him.

his addy is private so no you can't have it

Gunsguy

Guest JohnUlmer

One of the local stations here in Pennsylvania played IRS a couple days ago on Friday - I was going to post here but my PC had crashed.

Anyway, I thought it might be interesting to keep track of all the stations playing it here.

And has anything other than IRS been played yet?

And do they have permission? (I doubt it.)

I have to agree.

Gunsguy

bullshit it is listed on their website. I was just to lazy to go and find it. I have since gone and located it no thanks to you.

I have to agree.

Gunsguy

bullshit it is listed on their website. I was just to lazy to go and find it. I have since gone and located it no thanks to you.

actually it aint on the site, it was removed... only his little assistant girll

Gunsguy