"Better (Demo/Instrumental)" Discussion Thread

insomniac

Trulli, arpegios are in most GNR songs. Civil War has an arpeggiated riff but it is not sweep picking and is very slow. Arpeggio mean picking the individual notes out from a chord.

Paul Gilbert should really be in GNR!! He kicks buckets chicken ass

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it ruins everything GN'R music is about.

''Guitar players were doing this very technical playing. I never went for that.'' Slash

I think the best guitar part in the new songs is Fincks solo in Better. Now that's great guitar playing.

I think it ruins everything GN'R music is about.

''Guitar players were doing this very technical playing. I never went for that.'' Slash

I think the best guitar part in the new songs is Fincks solo in Better. Now that's great guitar playing.

I agree about the Fink solo in Better that is a great solo.

Finck's part is Better is the best guitar part so far

I don't want to hear Arpeggios in GNR cause it makes it sound like Malmsteen.

Trulli, arpegios are in most GNR songs. Civil War has an arpeggiated riff but it is not sweep picking and is very slow. Arpeggio mean picking the individual notes out from a chord.

Well, thats true but when i mention arpeggio i actually mean sweep picking.

By the way listen to yngwie's Molto Arpeggiosa from War to End All Wars. He kicks both bucket and paul asses!

Guest Matt13
I don't know if anyone noticed but in the leaked demo of the song Better Bucket was doing many arpeggios.

Which in my opinion along w/ other bucket techniques takes the band to a higher level in terms of technical guitar playing Vs guitar playing which depends mainly on feelings as its driving force which was the trademark of slash playing.

I'm wondering now who can do these solos live in case bucket is out of the band. I hope that he can rejoin the band.

ONCE AGAIN, the only song where BH has been confirmed playing on is IRS because we can match the latest leak with the leak that came out last year. All of the other songs have no confirmation of who was playing guitar on anything. I know of a lot of guitarist who can pull off all of those solos and riffs, especailly in TWAT and Better.

Your average Joe would think the solo's in TWAT were Slash.

You know, if he rocked out on stage and acted like an artist and a musican he would gain more acceptance and popularty. Imagine if he moved around the stage more, moved with the music and rocked like a fucking rock star he would be awesome. But no, he chooses to act like a total fucking freak.

It sounds great, I know all the words so I can sing along!

Is it actually illegal to share this one? I mean it aint going to be released!

Gunsguy

Yes, Gunsguy. Yes it is. I very much doubt the demos will be released either.

Try use your common sense once in a while, it won't hurt.

To everyone posting requests: Don't

Again for those of you who missed it... We've recieved wishes from the Gnr management and demands from lawyers so we respect that and our policy is to Not allow any Download Links, Requests, or Lyrics from the leaked tracks until we're told otherwise.

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=62166

Hey no problem, what you are actually doing by surrendering to their threats is helping them, you see they want the tracks out there, if you dont have them here it makes it even more exciting when people get them!

anyway whatever, Eric is in Canada and if he did his research, well he would know that it is 100% legal in Canada to share copyrighted material.

But this aint my forum, its yours, so do what you want,,,

Gunsguy

I don't know if anyone noticed but in the leaked demo of the song Better Bucket was doing many arpeggios.

Which in my opinion along w/ other bucket techniques takes the band to a higher level in terms of technical guitar playing Vs guitar playing which depends mainly on feelings as its driving force which was the trademark of slash playing.

I'm wondering now who can do these solos live in case bucket is out of the band. I hope that he can rejoin the band.

um Used to Love Her solo #2

Back off Bitch solo

Outro solo to Paradise City

You know, if he rocked out on stage and acted like an artist and a musican he would gain more acceptance and popularty. Imagine if he moved around the stage more, moved with the music and rocked like a fucking rock star he would be awesome. But no, he chooses to act like a total fucking freak.

He doesn't do the stuff you see on Mtv no, no jumping like a monkey, no dancing like a fag, no fake posing like Slash....he is busy guitarplaying and concentrating on the music and guitaists should take an example.

Slash, because he is busy posing and trying to look cool to 14 year old girls, is very sloppy live and misses many notes because of that. Live he never sounded as decent as on album.

You wanna see some guitarist posing like a fag, watch Mtv and let the real musicians like Buckethead do their thing :xmasschef2:

He doesn't do the stuff you see on Mtv no, no jumping like a monkey, no dancing like a fag, no fake posing like Slash....he is busy guitarplaying and concentrating on the music and guitaists should take an example.

Slash, because he is busy posing and trying to look cool to 14 year old girls, is very sloppy live and misses many notes because of that. Live he never sounded as decent as on album.

You wanna see some guitarist posing like a fag, watch Mtv and let the real musicians like Buckethead do their thing :xmasschef2:

well said! the music is more important than stage presence. (unless you're limp bizkit or marilyn manson, in which case, you suck anyway)

those 'arpeggios' are just senseless, out-of-place sweeps. listen to the song.. if you have any sense of melody then you'll know they don't fit

don't get me wrong, I love the new material, but some of the guitar work in Better is way too forced and out of place

um Used to Love Her solo #2

Back off Bitch solo

Outro solo to Paradise City

Sorry but couldn't hear no sweeps in Back off Bitch solo. The other two i dont have the cds w/ me right now. But as i remember there weren't any either.

Why don't u listen to Better at 1:21 and 3:24 to have an idea of what i'm talking about?

Edited by Axl Turilli

Man,you guys just don't know.....i had the pleasure of seeing Buckethead last Saturday in Dallas and i honestly believe that it was arguably the best concert i've ever been to -if not,then it definitely ranked in the top 5 of all time and i've been going to shows for 20+ years.What he does live is absolutely amazing -i just stared at my buddy the whole time like "Are you fucking kidding me???" I don't know that there was anything else that he could do with the guitar - he played for roughly 2 and a half hours.The guy played the guitar with one hand and worked his nunchuks with the other at the same time. :P:shocked: And for those that say that he doesn't play with emotion - please......you should have heard him tear into Hendrix's "Foxy Lady"....he also played some of "Bombtrack" by Rage Against The Machine and the opening of "Wonderboy" by Tenacious D.I didn't think going in that there would be a huge crowd,but the place was damn near sold out and i couldn't get anywhere near the stage.He has some crazy ass devoted fans too - a few buckets on heads and one guy held a homemade Buckethead doll aloft periodically in reverance to him.....his band is fuckin' tight as well (2 other guys) - the only bad part was at the end after he left the stage a bunch of jackasses jumped onstage and started stealing his stuff (nunchuks,setlist,etc.)......i hope he comes back to Dallas again -i will certainly never miss his show again if he's anywhere close by..............................

yeah man definetely that guitar in better, especially in the middle part, goddamn thats awesome, it definetely takes guns n roses to the next level, thats the moment i really said.. yeah slash would not be a part of this, hes just not that out there with the originality , he just plays another style, but buckethead and axl are on other visions i was real pleased

hey guys i just downloaded an alternative version of better, its different but not so much, i mean the guitar its totally different but the chorus is still the same, but with different lyrics (there is not much voice in this version)

im just wondering if you can tell if this is fake or not¿?

thankS!