"Better (Demo/Instrumental)" Discussion Thread

insomniac

I don't think there is a chance of getting a number one single. Singles are bought mainly by teenagers, and that's why the top ten is mostly rap and pop. I hoping that CD does well on the album charts, but we'll see.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there is a chance of getting a number one single. Singles are bought mainly by teenagers, and that's why the top ten is mostly rap and pop. I hoping that CD does well on the album charts, but we'll see.

i think it's got a shot at a few number 1's.

Better is really good. But I think the mid section of the song. (the "screaming") don't fit that well. The rest of the song is awsome. But there is something there that doesn't quite fit.

Better is really good. But I think the mid section of the song. (the "screaming") don't fit that well. The rest of the song is awsome. But there is something there that doesn't quite fit.

i really love that bit, gives the song some energy, some feeling!, the little techno bit after the rock or screaming bit needs to go in my books, i really love the end of the song too.

I can see the album opening up on Billboard as number 1.

I can't see any singles reaching #1 on the charts. AXL is a aging rocker from the 1980's. Not many have any real solo success. As much as you and I love him, the public thinks differently of him.

Now, the Blues or Madagascar have potential to be a top 10 hit if marketed properly. But I would wager the success of the singles would be around the same success as Velvet revolver got.

I can't see any singles reaching #1 on the charts. AXL is a aging rocker from the 1980's. Not many have any real solo success. As much as you and I love him, the public thinks differently of him.

Now, the Blues or Madagascar have potential to be a top 10 hit if marketed properly. But I would wager the success of the singles would be around the same success as Velvet revolver got.

how is axl going solo? its guns n' roses. its gonna hit #1 no problem.

Better is boring and is too much of a departure from classic GUNS to be accepted by the mainstream.

IRS is a better example of the old GNR sound with a touch of modern day music thrown in. Better is an avg song at best and the way the demo sounds right now, its a very confused song so to speak.

it ain't suppose to be heard by musically brain dead Mullet-heads....that's for sure!

an avrage at best?! :lol:

Well......At least your nick says disillusion. So no fault there.

We might think of the current guns n roses as the real deal. but most people think it is just Axls solo thing with hired musicians. And the only reason he keeps the name is that he got legal rights and that he think he can't stand on his own. that is what the world thinks....FACE IT!

This forum when it comes to certain things lives inside it's own little plastic bubble.

But I am not dissing axl. The material is good. Really good. Love it. But the media has allready pointet him out as the reason for the GNR breakup in the first place. And that is something not everyone and not even axl can recover from.

I would loved to be proven wrong here. But some of the media respons to the leaks proves my point.....sadly.

GOing classic gune wouldn't fit now the departure from the 'classic' sound is what gives this a chance to hit number 1. Better is what todays music should have sounded like this whole time and the 'kids' may well love it and buy it. I see that hitting #1 is a fine possibility.

Oh the hard section in better makes the freakin song I hope nothing in that song changes as far as arrangement and we just get a finished mix. Hell yea!

rock3

These demos, they arent just some crappy demos.

In Better, you can hear background vocals, by Axl while Axl is singing, this means its been recorded twice, and meaning these have been worked on quite a bit, what do you guys think?

It may be Guns and Roses by name, but the public isn't stupid.

These demos, they arent just some crappy demos.

In Better, you can hear background vocals, by Axl while Axl is singing, this means its been recorded twice, and meaning these have been worked on quite a bit, what do you guys think?

It can still be a demo.

Better is an amazing song!! rock4

I hope to see it as the first single of Chinese Democracy..

It's has the good side and bad side of Axl,i love the way he can express anger and beautiful feelings at the same time.. :D

I can see the album at number 1 on the Billboard charts!! :P

Under the f***ing Mariah Carey and Kanye West...hehehehehehehe.... :rofl-lol:

better is a great song i can imagine how good is gonna be , because we have listened to just a demo.. and i believe this song or any ohter song from the cd can be a number one i trust axl, some old bands or musician have came back with new material and they hit the # 1 charts

It does have huge potential. Its a song you have to get used to. At first listen, the middle part had me a bit confused, but by the second time through I was starting to dig it. I now think it is border-line brilliant. This "sound" that Axl has going is really growing on me fast.

I think Better or IRS have the potential to do well as singles but not come even remotely close to #1, IMO. I don't think any song on CD will stand a chance at getting close to number one. Like someone said earlier, #1 songs are sadly driven by teenagers and young adults and there just sin't enough hard rock or a GnR vibe for that to happen. People talk about this sense of a "hard rock" revival, and that people are sick and tired of rap and hip hop. I think there is a buzz along these lines but it's not rooted in teenagers where things need to happen for change in the musical landscape. Axl Rose and his nostalgia and any modern/cutting edge/new sound he brings to the table in the hard rock realm might grab a chunk of hard rock/metal bent teenage fans but it isn't going to win over the masses. Personally I think CD stands a good chance at doing well and making some waves but it's a loooooong shot at producing any #1 singles. When GnR hit their peak back in the day they were riding decades of music dominated by rock n roll, kids loved it, teenagers loved, girls loved it, they all grew up knowing hard rock and rock n roll. Teenagers today grew up knowing rap and hip-hop, and now in the last few years psuedo-crap rock and homo music. Maybe GnR could spark something that could grow in the coming years, perhaps spawn influenced new hard rock groups that could change the musical landscape, that's another story.

Edited by Old School

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Considering his 'comeback' tour was a disaster, I would say the public wouldn't be fooled by nu-GNR.

Regardless, Chinese democracy will sell, it's a much anticipated record, but if any of you think AXL will reach the level of success GNR had back in the day, then you are fooling yourselves.

Edited by Charisteas

I listened to the 'Better' song.....

I am so impressed that i deleted the rest of the songs and will wait patiently even if the album takes another 9 years to complete.

None of us will know how the final "better" will sound but from what I have heard I really think this could become their first #1 hit single on the road to a comeback.

Perhaps it is just me who is to big of a fanboi but I really think this is a winner!

rock1

Better is a good song, but I think There was a Time has a better chance at hitting #1. But I guess its a matter of taste.

I wouldn't be too sure about that.

Considering his 'comeback' tour was a disaster, I would say the public wouldn't be fooled by nu-GNR.

Regardless, Chinese democracy will sell, it's a much anticipated record, but if any of you think AXL will reach the level of success GNR had back in the day, then you are fooling yourselves.

it doesn't matter to me anyway, i'm just gonna love the chance to see axl live, enjoy new music like the generation before me enjoyed, i really can't wait, and i hope that axl see's there are alot of younger people like me waiting for that chance to enjoy this music with axl.

Edited by aussie_axl