"Better (Demo/Instrumental)" Discussion Thread

insomniac

it's clearly NOT fake......just an awesome moodswing in the song, axl's vocals are all over it...... axl wouldn't just make a simple rock song (as how it started) and make a simple ending..... nope it's one of his favorites cause of the moodswings in the song.......different vocal styles, different guitar styles...it's all there....even a bit of metall.....roaaar

NOT FAKE

I will eat my hat if it's fake (will get a hat soon)

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my opinion, the 4:56 veirson of this song is absolutely not fake, and the moodswing/change in the song has been greatly exaggarated. You'd think the way people were talking about it that it must have a reggae section with horns in the middle of the song or something! They've just thrown in a little industrial curb ball in the middle, it's totally what you'd expect from this lineup right now. Oh, and i think it's pretty cool :)

it's clearly NOT fake......just an awesome moodswing in the song, axl's vocals are all over it...... axl wouldn't just make a simple rock song (as how it started) and make a simple ending..... nope it's one of his favorites cause of the moodswings in the song.......different vocal styles, different guitar styles...it's all there....even a bit of metall.....roaaar

NOT FAKE

I know it's Axl's voice, but that 1.20 min of the song sounds like a different song. There's debate everywhere about it. It's hard to find someone to verify the demo is real, and has not been tampered with. So I asked Wes (the one who claims to have leaked the demo's) if this is the song he has. He replied that he heard the 4.56 version, and that the BH shredding and Axl screams (in the middle) is fake. If this is true, then that part does come from a different song.

Edited by UseU'rIllusions

NOT FAKE

I know it's Axl's voice, but that 1.20 min of the song sounds like a different song. There's debate everywhere about it. It's hard to find someone to verify the demo is real, and has not been tampered with. So I asked Wes (the one who claims to have leaked the demo's) if this is the song he has. He replied that he heard the 4.56 version, and that the BH shredding and Axl screams (in the middle) is fake. If this is true, then that part does come from a different song.

remember the vocal lyrics fit from the beginning, the middle..and the end.......can't be part of another song......altho Wes may have said otherwise......

NOT FAKE

remember the vocal lyrics fit from the beginning, the middle..and the end.......can't be part of another song......altho Wes may have said otherwise......

Simple, either Wes is full of shit or the guy who says he asked Wes is full of shit. The heavier part of the song is just that... part of the song. And it's great. All these stupid fucks aren't even paying attention to the lyrics.

NOT FAKE

Simple, either Wes is full of shit or the guy who says he asked Wes is full of shit. The heavier part of the song is just that... part of the song. And it's great. All these stupid fucks aren't even paying attention to the lyrics.

Hey fucker, keep your full of shit comments to yourself. I never said I didn't like the heavier part of the song, or didn't like the lyrics. However, the original leak was 1.06 in length and then a 2min one was leaked (just before the heavier part.) Why is that? Isn't it possible that someone messed with this song?

I dont think this leaked version of 'Better' is the final version of the album.

But IRS i believe is the final version.

i was hoping it's the other way around :P, i mean in my books I.R.S is ok, i find it abit slow tho, it could be more of rocker- harder song!, as for better, if axl could make it better.......well i can't wait to hear it.

I dont think this leaked version of 'Better' is the final version of the album.

But IRS i believe is the final version.

i was hoping it's the other way around :P, i mean in my books I.R.S is ok, i find it abit slow tho, it could be more of rocker- harder song!, as for better, if axl could make it better.......well i can't wait to hear it.

I think so too. rock3

I love the 4.56 version of Better it fucking rocks but ive been reading the posts and these dumb fuckers have really got to me.

someone please give some evidence that the middle bit isnt 2 songs?? please

why the fuck would someone go to all the trouble to leak 2 songs together

bytheway, the real bohemian rhapsody is yet to be released, the one we got now is 3 songs mixed into 1 by a fan

Edited by jester

It's real.

Everything flows, especially the lyrics....which go "now i know you better" in the beginning ......"now you know me better" in the middle....and "now we all know better" at the end.....

The people who are saying it's fake probably 1.) either english isn't their first language or they are having problems understanding the lyrics and/or 2.) they cannot handle the fact that this is not a traditional 80's style rock song.

It doesn't go lyrics-chorus-lyrics-chorus-lyrics-chorus-fade, so they can't handle that and have to make up stuff about what happened. Nothing happened....this is a rock song with heavy industrial/electronica stylings. If this was a NIN leak than nobody would be saying its fake or incomplete. But because its GNR and people refuse to let go of the Appetite days, they arent used to it and have to tell stories.

The song is real and it kicks ass.

Guest JohnUlmer

Judging by your post, I think you meant to say, "Someone convince me the song IS fake," not "isn't." That would imply you consider the current version to be false. And based on your Bohemian Rhapsody comment, I don't think that's the case.

evidence to support that it's fake:

1. the parts (without 2:22 to 3:20 or whatever) synch up PERFECTLY.

2. the lyrics don't fit the theme.

3. better wasn't leaked in full until later (maybe it was being fucked with)

4. the end of the bridge is unfinished (some say it's silkworms)

5. we don't have an official version to compare it against.

6. merck has neither confirmed or denied.

wasnt IRS leaked a bit at a time, maybe it was being fucked with too??? obviously not

u think catcher in the rye is being rehashed by a fan????

why not just fuck around with better than just leak the whole thing

people in htgtht dont seem to be arguing over its genuine-ness as much, realling showing the intelligence of this board.

god , i want to believe

Edited by jester

wasnt IRS leaked a bit at a time, maybe it was being fucked with too??? obviously not

u think catcher in the rye is being rehased by a fan????

why not just fuck around with better than just leak the whole thing

people in htgtht dont seem to be arguing over its genuine-ness as much, realling showing the intelligence of this board.

god , i want to believe

you started the thread genius, what'd you expect.

and no, i.r.s. (the good version) wasn't leaked a bit at a time.

you can't confirm shit until the album is out anyway, so give it a rest.

and yes, there was a HUGE debate over at HTGTH, the thread was closed though because the link was posted

check out this page and the next couple- http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=61802&st=1410

Edited by quadlaser