Axl chose the right guys to become Guns N' Roses!

W. Axl Kev

Ok I'll keep this short and to the point. I think Axl has chosen the right guys at the right time to make his masterpiece. From the new demos you can hear what they bring to this new era of Guns N' Roses. As the new band it is clear that they have something great going on and I cannot wait to hear Chinese Democracy. The current members deserve a lot of credit for the amount of work they put into this and let's hope they get it!

Any thoughts?

Edited by W. Axl Kev

All they have on their record is a failed tour and unfulfilled promises of a new album. Until the album is actually released and they are able to put on anything resembling a successful tour, they'll be a pale imitation of the original guys.

They have proven nothing yet.

We have three brilliant tracks, some live and some demos:

The Blues

Better

Madagascar

Some decent album tracks in live/demo form:

Chinese Democracy

There was a Time

IRS

They make up the majority of what we have heard to date from them. None are that amazing that they blow the old band away and only the top three even hint at it.

The album isn't on the horizon yet either. All talk of them suceeding is incredibly premature.

I will only talk about the band efford and how they deserve credit after listening to the album...

Untill the album is release, they are just a group of guys dreaming to be the old GNR....But I belive the album will be great and I surely hope tha a GNR era is beginning...

All they have on their record is a failed tour and unfulfilled promises of a new album. Until the album is actually released and they are able to put on anything resembling a successful tour, they'll be a pale imitation of the original guys.

:D Agreed

Same here!!

:D Agreed

Same here!!

agreed :)

<_<

Ok I'll keep this short and to the point. I think Axl has chosen the right guys at the right time to make his masterpiece. From the new demos you can hear what they bring to this new era of Guns N' Roses. As the new band it is clear that they have something great going on and I cannot wait to hear Chinese Democracy. The current members deserve a lot of credit for the amount of work they put into this and let's hope they get it!

Any thoughts?

right can some1 out there help us me and my friends want to go to dublin to c guns and roses some say it will be axl some say its not but its slash etc can any1 tell us who will be there please

:unsure:

They have proven nothing yet.

We have three brilliant tracks, some live and some demos:

The Blues

Better

Madagascar

Some decent album tracks in live/demo form:

Chinese Democracy

There was a Time

IRS

They make up the majority of what we have heard to date from them. None are that amazing that they blow the old band away and only the top three even hint at it.

The album isn't on the horizon yet either. All talk of them suceeding is incredibly premature.

There was a Time beats the liveing shit out of Madagascar, Better, and the Blues. But thats only my opinion rock1

Any thoughts?

my thoughts??? No way buckethead is cool or good at guitar...

Any thoughts?

my thoughts??? No way buckethead is cool or good at guitar...

HA

while people may not like buckets style (myself included at some parts) you can't reallysay that he isn't good at guitar because he has amazing technical skills

Edited by jc524

madagascar and the blues aren't that great ya know. got potential though.

i think studio versions will be 'better'

You must be a fuckin psycho-basket case. The Blues is such a beautiful song. Alone better than all 3 of the video trilogy.

November Rain, and Estranged are pleasent to listen to, but they're so bloated and they get a bit unbearable. Axl & Dizzy playing the piano and keyboard? 10 guitar riffs going at the same time... :o

After hearing the leaked songs, I believe Axl still needs to hire another keyboardist and guitarist. Not sure if he has enough.

He needs to fire dizzy and hire a good keyboard player.

no he doesn't.

Yes, he does. :P

no he doesn't

I was being sarcastic with Axl needing more musicians! As much as I think the new songs sound impressive, why does he need 7 guys standing around to play OMG and CD? Not to mention anything pre '93. Two keyboardists + Axl on piano (what band more than one)? Three quitarists (Damn, Slash really must have been the best)? Might as well get a couple drummers like Skynard or maybe that violinist from Dave Matthews is available? Maybe Brian Setzer could loan a couple horn players?

What ever happened to just 5 gritty guys pounding out the Rock that made us love them in the first place? Losing Adler due to his playing conditions I understood, but as soon as Izzy split I got worried their future. Now we've had at least 9 other musicians leave or been dismissed since the UYI tour. Axl is still a great singer and showman and I'll go see him or purchase anything he puts out, but he has made a mockery out of the GNR name since with his "I'll put out shit when I want to" attitude. Guys like Izzy, Slash & Duff wanted to play, play, play and dance a little with Brownstone and that's why we all got off on their music. You expected to see Slash fucked up on stage. Believe me when I say that nobody would care about these new guys (as a band) if it wasn't for the old guys.