"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

At first listen it was horrible because it sounded nothing like vintage GNR. But after realizing that it isn't vintage GNR I began to like it. It's one of my favorite new tracks. The only thing i would change is the little instrumental thing in the middle.

Even though he doesn't use the Axl voice, I still like it.

IRS is very boring compared to this.

Edited by where's izzy?

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, its the worst out fo the lot. Not the edge of rock from the other songs, and below what we think of November Rain, the only song that comes close to its style

So you must not like Queen, the Beatles, or John Lennon then. I think this song is amazing for what it is a meant to be - a throwback to the type of music made by those bands and a tribute to John Lennon while at the same time examining the thought process of the man that killed him.

And this is very different from November Rain. Just because both songs use a piano, it does not make them the same style.

Exactly. People compare November Rain with The Blues and Catcher in the Rye way too often, only because there is piano in it. All of these songs are structured differently, and have their own style. It's like saying November Rain and Catcher in the Rye should be compared to Beethoven's Symphonies.