"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

An absoluely brilliant track. Reminds me a lot of Queen and I am a HUGE Queen fan. Some don't like it, which is okay, everyones not gonna like every song. But I think it and TWAT are fucken brilliant.

maybe because brian may of queen played on it..... :blink::blink::blink:

You know for a fact it was Brian May?

An absoluely brilliant track. Reminds me a lot of Queen and I am a HUGE Queen fan. Some don't like it, which is okay, everyones not gonna like every song. But I think it and TWAT are fucken brilliant.

check the news :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

check the news :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

What the hell are you doing with the rollyeyes... All I did was ask a question... I don't live on these forums.

Guest Matt13

You know, this is my first time participating in one of these threads reserved for a paticular song/leak. Each of the new leaks has taken its turn as my 'favorite'. IRS was first, then Better, then TWAT. TWAT and Better are no doubt very strong tunes. I say both are top 10 caliber. Maybe even #1 caliber songs (in todays shitty music scene). I was a little taken back by CITR at first... didn't think it was that stong. But now, after lisetning to it in the car over and over again, I am REALLY digging this tune. It's almost a complete removal from the old GNR sound... the only thing really reamaining is Axl's voice. The song has it all... cool melodies, guitar solos, fantastic synth work, drum beats and a great chorus... reminicent of 'Hey Jude'. This is a song that puts a modern twist on different styles of classic music, all with a GNR twist, which I'm sure has been talked about already in this tread. I hope the album has a lot of songs like this... so fresh and unique in its sound. I love the synth effects too, they bring a certain element of ambience to the table that is very reminicent of Floyd and the Beatles. The song's going to be an instant classic. It's my favorite to date:)

i deffinatly think its the best leak so far. followed by IRS

I disagree... for me the order is this:

1. TWAT

2. Better

3. catcher

4. Irs

5. Seven

Seven hasn't leaked.

Not by my knowlage anyway. Where did you get it Sergito?

He probably has the fake 7 second clip, or the whole clip, which, nonetheless, is not Gn'R.

Guest JohnUlmer

You're right, the similarities between the two songs would make even Vanilla Ice blush.

P.S. I'm being sarcastic.

Edited by JohnUlmer

listen to the CITR demo, and then listen to "The world just lost (Just lost) another Hulkamaniac" by hulk Hogan... its the same song! not joking

HULK HOGAN? :suspicious:

Guest JohnUlmer
just listen to both at the same time.

Are you on crack?

I highly doubt Axl looks for inspiration in Hulk Hogan songs.

Finck: "Hey, Axl! Check this out! Hulk Hogan's album, I haven't heard this in ages!"

Axl: "Let's play it, maybe we can get some inspiration for a new song!"

[Plays "We Just Lost Another Hulkamaniac"]

Axl: "Holy shit, Finckmeister! That's exactly what I've been looking for all these years! Forget $14 + million dollars, all I need is a five-dollar bargain bin album from a stale and expired steroid-addicted wrestler!"

just listen to both at the same time.

Are you on crack?

I highly doubt Axl looks for inspiration in Hulk Hogan songs.

Finck: "Hey, Axl! Check this out! Hulk Hogan's album, I haven't heard this in ages!"

Axl: "Let's play it, maybe we can get some inspiration for a new song!"

[Plays "We Just Lost Another Hulkamaniac"]

Axl: "Holy shit, Finckmeister! That's exactly what I've been looking for all these years! Forget $14 + million dollars, all I need is a five-dollar bargain bin album from a stale and expired steroid-addicted wrestler!"

I'm going with JohnUlmer on this one 100%.