"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

This is the first one of the leaks where I feel it is quotable and singable. When Axl sings "When all is said and done, we're not the only ones," the way he hits the note on "ones," and drops it is just fucking awesome. I was a little worried about the appeal of the cd before this song, but this one seems to be a ringer for everyone i've talked to.

Also the lyrics seem to reflect on Axl's feelings and experiences as his life progresses, which is another way he has moved on. It's also one of the reasons I think he is a brilliant songwriter.

I agree completely.

Edited by jah772

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the sake of the forum mods, try to not ask for a hookup on the board, dude. Just PM someone who has obviously heard the track and I'm sure they can help you.

This way it seperates a lot of the garbage from legit posts and saves everyone a headache if the site gets pinned for allowing "pirated" content.

rock3

Catchy tune, but anyone else think the vocals need to be redone. I'd like Axl's voice sounding like does in Better/TWAT than CITR/IRS/2002 tour. I prefer the old growl; gives songs more of an edge IMHO.

Cheers,

Andrew

Just listened to it for the first time:

this could be a Robbie Williams song!! It's a pop song! By far the weakest of the leaked ones (still superior to Silkworms though since any song ever written is superior to that piece of crap)

PS: thanks mate...

pop song or not. It's great. I disagree with you. Ohh and actually, robbie williams is a good performer. (IMO) But it's ok if you don;t like it. The resemblence to Silkworms is rediculous. Therefor I can't take your comments too seriously.

Brian May's geetar is awesome on this. The melodies, the synth breakdown. great. But that's a matter of taste and opinion.

I guess seen all the different reactions too it we will all love a different song on CD. Isn't that just great???? I think it is!!!

rock on all.

Yeah, Robbie is great, I will see him on his tour in munich. I should have better said it's like a bad Robbie song.

The resemblence to Silkworms wasn't meant too seriously. I just can't resist to bash it from time to time...

the "la, la, laaaaaa" bit before the guitar solo in the middle of the song is orgasmic, anyone else agree?

this is exactly the direction I was hoping for.

i thought it was "na na naaaaa". but yes its cool! makes me feel all happy n shit

i like what chris pitman does right before that part

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Did anyone notice the following in the song?!:

at 1:42 till 1:47, when you listen to the song in headphones there's an truly awesome piano solo thingy under Axl's wails! Axl or Dizzy goes all over the piano from the left to right and back if you know what I mean!! I just noticed it when I was listening to it with headphones. It's a bit back in the mix.

at 1:42 till 1:47, when you listen to the song in headphones there's an truly awesome piano solo thingy under Axl's wails! Axl or Dizzy goes all over the piano from the left to right and back if you know what I mean!! I just noticed it when I was listening to it with headphones. It's a bit back in the mix.

Can you come to Weybridge in Surrey, England and provide me with some headphones...? I can't be arsed to go home and get some.

Can you come to Weybridge in Surrey, England and provide me with some headphones...? I can't be arsed to go home and get some.

cant do....sorry :lol:

the "la, la, laaaaaa" bit before the guitar solo in the middle of the song is orgasmic, anyone else agree?

What? This song is the worst shit I heard come from the new leaks. Especially the "nanana" parts! Wtf!? I hope this song get totally cut from the album!

Edited by Lukin

What? This song is the worst shit I heard come from the new leaks. Especially the "nanana" parts! Wtf!? I hope this song get totally cut from the album!

"Lukin" from the Pearl Jam song? :book:

"Lukin" from the Pearl Jam song? :book:

Or my last name. :) But the Pearl jam song is about Matt Lukin, the bass player in Mudhoney. :P

Edited by Lukin

...."not at all"...

Edited by artfromtex

who's playing this song through windows media player?

did you bother looking at what WMP displays as a thumbnail on the right?

snap.jpg

any comments on this?

That doesnt show up on mine, but its very interesting.

I didnt know what to think when I first heard CITR, but after hearing it a few times, im loving it. I have a feeling the final version will be beautiful.

well i hope you hate the album then, bellend.

A local station, WIRX, www.wirx.com played CITR this morning on the Jason Lee show. The DJ's were big fans of this song. They played Better yesterday...Jason Lee didn't like it but the other guy did not. I just can't believe they are still playing this stuff after all of these C&D's have supposedly been sent.

They were sure to mention that these were demo's from the supposed Chinese Democracy album that may come out this year.

is it true that a german girl leaked this fuckin great song? well, if it is true we dont meet this girl in the german forum.....thats fuckin weird :o i mean there was nobody on the german forum who said:"hey guys, i have citr, here is your 9 secs" whatever....we are a bit confused about that

Strange. This isn't in the file. At least not in the version I have. And I have the untouched not cleaned up version. Just the way it leaked. This info is commonly retrieved from the internet I think. Some big library. I have this feature of WMP disabled...but I'll play with it a while and see what I can find.

Edit: also, any person could add this pic tio his or her (possibly cleaned up) version.

yes you can, it just appeard on mine....go to view>now playing options>show media information to display it if its not showing up on yours....i just got the song, and thought it weird that it came up....don't have that image anywhere on my PC, so I have no clue where its coming from.

I've heard a number of rumors that do point towards germany and a few people in particular that have leaked. And that they have more. Much more. This however is all unconfirmed and should not be taken as the truth at this point. This is still to be sorted out.

i never thought that a german fan would have a possible whole demoalbum.....and that the person doesnt give us signs on the german forum....since 2002 there was nobody who said a word about a possible sudiodemo of newgnr... :chef: weird and mysterious :)

This is the first one of the leaks where I feel it is quotable and singable. When Axl sings "When all is said and done, we're not the only ones," the way he hits the note on "ones," and drops it is just fucking awesome.

That line makes me think of the end to "November Rain"