"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The line between pop and rock is very thin. I consider both Billy Idol and Trent Reznor to be pop stars.

you havn't heard much NIN have you? Songs like starfuckers are heavier and less pop than anything gnr has done. Axl is a bigger pop star than Trent.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but he is right. Trent does write great pop songs. It has NOTTING to do with how heavy the music is, any jackass can go out and make a heavy metal record. The defination of pop is very tainted these days, and yes the line is very thin. Classic defination of pop has to do with the song structure if im not mistaken. And then again, pop is just an abreivation (sp) for popular, which is one thing GNR and NIN definatly are...

B)-->

QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 1 2006, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Whats it like??? Like NR style or something different??? I dont want to DL it cause i believe the album to be around the cornor and i dont wanna spoil it...

lsiten to it ur self

pm's are fun, i liek to send them, but they only contain random jibberish ;)

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 1 2006, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Whats it like??? Like NR style or something different??? I dont want to DL it cause i believe the album to be around the cornor and i dont wanna spoil it...

lsiten to it ur self

Nah, ill wait, i heard three new songs, that was enough to restore my faith...

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ Mar 1 2006, 03:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

lsiten to it ur self

Nah, ill wait, i heard three new songs, that was enough to restore my faith...

cool