"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just listened to it for the first time:

this could be a Robbie Williams song!! It's a pop song! By far the weakest of the leaked ones (still superior to Silkworms though since any song ever written is superior to that piece of crap)

PS: thanks mate...

Just listened to it for the first time:

this could be a Robbie Williams song!! It's a pop song! By far the weakest of the leaked ones (still superior to Silkworms though since any song ever written is superior to that piece of crap)

PS: thanks mate...

pop song or not. It's great. I disagree with you. Ohh and actually, robbie williams is a good performer. (IMO) But it's ok if you don;t like it. The resemblence to Silkworms is rediculous. Therefor I can't take your comments too seriously.

Brian May's geetar is awesome on this. The melodies, the synth breakdown. great. But that's a matter of taste and opinion.

I guess seen all the different reactions too it we will all love a different song on CD. Isn't that just great???? I think it is!!!

rock on all.

when all is said & done

we're not the only ones

who look at life this way

thats what the old folks say

but everytime i'd see them makes me wish i had a gun

if i thought that i was crazy

well i'd guess i'd have more fun

axl you fuckin rock rock3

"I'm hoping for mostly songs like Chinese Democracy, IRS & Better and then 3-4 songs like TWAT and CITR."

I hope that most songs are like "Better" and three songs like TWAT. I would not want all ballad and pop songs. From all we have heard, we have "The Blues", "Maddy", "TWAT", and "CITR". I hope that is it and no more pop.

Zeppelin didn't have any albums full of Stairway to Heavens....You had 4 Sticks, Black Dog, Levee etc...

Or Immigrant song, Livin Lovin Maid..Friends BYA-Stomp...just brilliant music..

The Beatles were just a Backstreet Boys of the 60s..I don't see why everyone likes them so much..they all were better when they went solo...esp. Lennon and Harrison.

The other half of the album contains The Blues, Madagascar and This I love...which are balladic or pop

Not that this is the place for this discussion, but that's the most ludicrous statement I've ever heard. So I guess by your logic the Backstreet Boys are the Beatles of the 90s...

Anyway, GNR has always had a pop element to its music. To me, pop music is melody driven which has always been GNR's strong suit in hard rock. Even in GNR's harder songs there's a strong pop element; which I always attributed to Axl. So if Axl is driving the creative reigns on this sucker, get ready for some poppy songs (as evident by The Blues, Madagasacar, TWAT, IRS).

Cheers,

Andrew

GN'R has ALWAYS had "pop" elements to its music....

Some people on here act like all old GN'R did was plug in and thrash like a death metal band...

This band has always been all over the place.... "Think About You" is a quintessential "pop" song with no pretensions of being anything but (as per an old Izzy Stradlin' quote)....

anyone else love the poppy influece??, its great IMO, listening to catcher in the rye right now, and I can hear everything from the beach boys to robbie williams to oasis to the stereophonics, fuckin lovin it!!!!

fuckin dumbass!!!!

Edited by Forsaken