"Catcher In The Rye" Discussion Thread

AnEskimo

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yesterday, I had mixed feelings about this song. But today, I listened to it about 5 times, and now I really like it. The lyrics are amazing. It's better then IRS and on par with TWAT and Better, in my opinion.

In my high school english class we just finished reading Catcher In The Rye, and I got my English teacher tho hand out the lyrics and play the song for the class and we had a whole discussion on the song that lasted for about an hour. Thanks GNR!!!!!

Strange song, can't say I like it, can't say I don't like it. It's certainly not rock and neither GNR (apart from Axl voice ofcourse).

Probably need to listen to it a few more times, something similar happened to me with TWAT.

mr.Q

Edited by mr.Q

Strange. This isn't in the file. At least not in the version I have. And I have the untouched not cleaned up version. Just the way it leaked. This info is commonly retrieved from the internet I think. Some big library. I have this feature of WMP disabled...but I'll play with it a while and see what I can find.

Edit: also, any person could add this pic tio his or her (possibly cleaned up) version.

yes you can, it just appeard on mine....go to view>now playing options>show media information to display it if its not showing up on yours....i just got the song, and thought it weird that it came up....don't have that image anywhere on my PC, so I have no clue where its coming from.

doesnt work for me

Axl said they played those new songs in 02, because basically they were crap.

The blues crap? :unsure: I love crap then.

As far as rhiad goes,i don't expect it on the first disc, but maybe the 2nd or the 3rd. When will that come out? 2009?

Ive also read that Rhiad and silkworms wont be on the album, but not the Blues, I thought he loved that one.

yes,he actually said that its one of his favourites...

and I really like the blues...my fav 'new' song

excuse me if i'm behind but I thought the blues demo is out not just live versions, I don't have it, i've only heard TWAT and IRS but last thursday or friday K-Rock here in Edmonton played 3 demos, TWAT which they played before I turned on then top of the hour IRS then next hour The Blues which I heard and while it was obviously a demo it blew all the live versions away

excuse me if i'm behind but I thought the blues demo is out not just live versions, I don't have it, i've only heard TWAT and IRS but last thursday or friday K-Rock here in Edmonton played 3 demos, TWAT which they played before I turned on then top of the hour IRS then next hour The Blues which I heard and while it was obviously a demo it blew all the live versions away

Might've been a live remaster.

I wish that I could hear a studio version of the blues, even a demo. But I highly doubt it, the first recorded version I'll hear will probably be on CD, and that one is going to be amazing. If the blues was out there and played on radio, I'm sure we would have heard it.