• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

I hate metal. :)

:no:

I hate when people get all pretentious about metal, and start firing off dozens of names of the most obscure and bizzare sounding bands you could imagine; and then when you hear one of them its the crappiest band you've heard all year. Just random yelling and generic guitar thrashing. I've experience it sooo many times lol :).

OMG Killersofwrist-slittinggenocidemetalx are so awesome! They're a mix of thrash metal, speed metal, black metal, grindcore, thrashcore, with deathmetalcore influences! Their album Slay a Puppy had only 50 copies made and I just bought one off ebay! :rolleyes:

:rofl-lol:

Truth.

I hate when people get all pretentious about metal, and start firing off dozens of names of the most obscure and bizzare sounding bands you could imagine; and then when you hear one of them its the crappiest band you've heard all year. Just random yelling and generic guitar thrashing. I've experience it sooo many times lol :).

OMG Killersofwrist-slittinggenocidemetalx are so awesome! They're a mix of thrash metal, speed metal, black metal, grindcore, thrashcore, with deathmetalcore influences! Their album Slay a Puppy had only 50 copies made and I just bought one off ebay! :rolleyes:

Truth.

^

i 2nd that truth

The ignorant posts of you three show just how idiotic you are. ODS, I seriously would have expected better from you.

Ant, you know exactly shit about metal, and your post shows that. You generalized the whole metal music basically into extreme metal music. If you would even know what different types of metal music sound like, I would maybe consider having a sensible argument with you. Right now, dont talk because you dont know shit about shit.

Now shut the fuck up, and die.

Truth.

^

i 2nd that truth

The ignorant posts of you three show just how idiotic you are. ODS, I seriously would have expected better from you.

Ant, you know exactly shit about metal, and your post shows that. You generalized the whole metal music basically into extreme metal music. If you would even know what different types of metal music sound like, I would maybe consider having a sensible argument with you. Right now, dont talk because you dont know shit about shit.

Right on man.

Not so long ago, I would have agreed with them -- then I actually bothered to listen to some. ;)

Truth.

^

i 2nd that truth

the fin knows what hes talking about rock4

Woahhh, simmer down my friend :).

All I said was I hate when people get pretentious about garbage metal music. That's quite different from saying all metal is garbage. Haven't you ever been presented with a metal band that was just absolutely terrible, but the person who showed them to you was enthralled with them and you just couldn't figure it out? I dunno, it's happened to me many times and to many people I know. I was just pointing it out in a humerous way; wasn't putting metal down as a whole genre.

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Truth.

^

i 2nd that truth

Now, now. I love some metal, and I'm sorry that I hadn't clarified that. Where I agree with Ant is this, many groups get alot of attention for just being extreme and heavy and morbid and all that jazz, you know this is true in some cases. In all styles of music, groups get attention for having characteristics of the style instead of real talent, and metal is one of them.

:)

Are my posts getting more confusing? I think I'm getting forum fever or something.