Merck Says "No truth" to April 24 Release Date Rumor

madison

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering Madison, what the fuck makes you think Merck is gonna tell you the truth? Just because your a Mod at a fuckin fan messageboard? haha does that give you special privaleges to get "inside" information or special information from him that no other fan would be able to get? Merck and the board mods who think their so special with contact from gnr "management" suck ass. fuck you all.

Just wondering Madison, what the fuck makes you think Merck is gonna tell you the truth? Just because your a Mod at a fuckin fan messageboard? haha does that give you special privaleges to get "inside" information or special information from him that no other fan would be able to get? Merck and the board mods who think their so special with contact from gnr "management" suck ass. fuck you all.

She has no contact with him at all. It's all made up. It's a big joke and congratulations, you just made the punch-line.

Go back to your pathetic life.

Edited by Howard2k

At this time Guns N Roses is a drug for all of us............................

We've got to face the facts..... This band has no loyalty with their fans.......

Is sad but it's the fucking truth.... is hard to accept it...............

I wonder what the fuck is in the mind of Axl.... i mean, i love the guy, he's my idol, he's the reason why

i started to sing and a band, but this time i believe he got more isues in his life than the music world....

I just sick with this

peace

Madison:

Why not mailing him and ask if the album will be out before the tour?

Merck works for Axl and is probably in the dark about it himself, I am not even sure if Axl knows when this album will be ready.

As to why we are always falling for these rumours ... reminds me of the story of 'the boy who cried wolf ... or should it be ... the Axl who cried CD! They ignored the boy, but we can't get enough of Axl! A modern fairy tale I guess ... ??? :krider:

Your a fucking idiot for a comment like that. I guess you need to go start your own board and then you can piss off and spare us your idiotic rants.

And what did that press release say?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=33497

I just read that interview, press release, whatever it is and I think what Axl said in it needs to be heard again:

Regarding the work in progress Axl commented as follows:

“I gave into a lot of pressure on Illusions both internally in Guns and externally in the press, those albums suffered as a consequence, it's not something I'm too excited to have to live with again. There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ‘okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We’ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah. If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

Remember that was back in 2001? Right? 2001-2002 tour.

AradiaRose rock1

Do we really need a new thread everytime Merck coughs? :rolleyes::rolleyes::drevil:

Stop asking him specific's ask him if its coming out soon, or ask for a time window, like between april/may, june/ july, 2007/08?

we pull dates outta our ass and ask him, of course he says no, cause the dates are not even close, ask him something more broad

Gunsguy

There's no name or link to the source on this rumor.

I don't waste Merck's time with unsourced rumors.

Your phonebill will be huge if you get all the rumours refused by Merck... :)

Actually, Merck's office is in NYC - so a phone call wouldn't cost me anything. :D

If Chinese Democracy, the greatest urban legend ever in rock n roll music aint out by 2007 just boycott that shit and pirate the fuck outta it, if u are forced to wait 1, 2, or 10 years why not at least save a few bucks. Some albums are worth waiting for, but 13 songs isnt worth 13 years, no 13 songs would ever be worth 13 years.

I'm just stating a fact dude. Merck has always been honest with me. If the rumor was true and he wasn't able to disclose it (such as the one when Buckethead had left the band), then he simply doesn't respond. But whenever he's responded, he's always been honest. He has never lied. So, yes, I trust him.

The GNR forums are fortunate - and Axl is fortunate - to have a manager who recognizes the importance and power of the internet and diehard fans. If you've read some of the speeches Merck has given at music events, he talks about the importance of the internet quite extensively. He's a very smart man, and he also knows how important honesty and trust are - whether it's dealing with Axl, the press, diehard fans, or internet forums.

Do we really need a new thread everytime Merck coughs? :rolleyes::rolleyes::drevil:

Stop asking him specific's ask him if its coming out soon, or ask for a time window, like between april/may, june/ july, 2007/08? ..

GG, the GNR camp wants to announce the album release date to everybody at the same time. Merck has said this over and over. I've tried to "widen the window" in my questions - and he won't go further at this time.

. we pull dates outta our ass and ask him, of course he says no, cause the dates are not even close, ask him something more broad

Gunsguy

Dude, I don't bother Merck unless the rumor is backed my legitimate sources (which this one was) and has taken on a life of its own on the forum. (This particular thread had 139 replies and 4,579 views before I contacted Merck).

If Chinese Democracy, the greatest urban legend ever in rock n roll music aint out by 2007 just boycott that shit and pirate the fuck outta it, if u are forced to wait 1, 2, or 10 years why not at least save a few bucks. Some albums are worth waiting for, but 13 songs isnt worth 13 years, no 13 songs would ever be worth 13 years.

HEYO! a fuckin revolutionist!

And what did that press release say?

http://www.mygnrforum.com/index.php?showtopic=33497

I just read that interview, press release, whatever it is and I think what Axl said in it needs to be heard again:

Regarding the work in progress Axl commented as follows:

“I gave into a lot of pressure on Illusions both internally in Guns and externally in the press, those albums suffered as a consequence, it's not something I'm too excited to have to live with again. There are a lot of new songs that were just done in the last year that we feel that ‘okay, well that bumps a lot of stuff off the previous list but it's time to stop that now and wrap up the baby. It feels right, the timing, and a lot of things. We’ve sorted it down to what songs are on the record. What the sequence of the songs is. The album cover art is ready. Blah, blah, blah. If you're waiting...don't. Live your life. That's your responsibility not mine. If it were not to happen you won't have missed a thing. If in fact it does you might get something that works for you, in the end you could win on this either way. But if you're really into waiting try holding your breath for Jesus cause I hear the payoff may be that much greater."

Remember that was back in 2001? Right? 2001-2002 tour

AradiaRose rock1

it's so hard not to wait for it when we want it so bad, thats why were all here on the board!, thats why alot of people are waiting and hoping i guess, i can understand axl trying to take some of the presure off by telling die hard fans not to wait, but hell.... easyer said then done, axl effects people, thats a gift, and maybe sometimes a pain in the ass for him, i think he might be worried he might let some people down, his music is a huge part of his life i think, i guess he's not at ease yet and hence no album for us. it would suck if this album didn't get released, or he's too old when it comes out to make impact on a new generation, it would be such a waste in my eyes, so many people are ready, most people loved the demo's.

axl keeps improving songs over the years>? well that has to stop at some point, he'll be too old to tour and make an impact soon, well i think anyway, and even if we don't get cd in the next few years i would love to see guns live, australia seems to be forgotten, well living all the way down here in paradise has it's downsides.

He always said "no truth", "no truth" and "no truth"

So when is the truth?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH

THE TRUTH IS THAT WE LIVE IN AN AGE WHEN LISTEN TO THE COMPLETE MASTERED COPY OF CHINESE DEMOCRACY WOULD CAUSE YOU HEAD TO IMPLODE AND YOUR HEART TO BURST OUT OF YOUR CHEST

that is what was found after 5 test audiences

humans cannot handle the godlyness of axl rose he has evolved from us you so we cannot even witness him anymore

you have to wait untill you get to heaven - THAT IS WHERE THE ONLY REAL CHINESE DEMOCRACY EXISTS

Ok, I asked Merck if there was any truth to the April 24 release date rumor that had been posted at MultiMedia Concerts site or the "April" release date posted at the Clear Channel site. I specifically asked if the date or month was correct. He said there was "no truth" to either one.

But can you rely believe Merck? "Oh but he's in managment for GNR." Yes he is, and that is a good argument, but he's been denying every single release date ever rumored. No matter what the rumors say, and no matter how trustful the source is, he is always denying it. I dont think merck is that good of a reliable source anymore.

TW@

Well, as much as I hate to say it, all the dates that he has denied as being true weren't. It sucks to hear him deny everything, but if it isn't true what do you want him to say? What if he said maybe and then the album didn't come out that day, I would be a lot more pissed about that then him just saying no to the release date right upfront. Hell, he probably doesn't know when they are going to release it, it is all up to Axwell.

But can you rely believe Merck? "Oh but he's in managment for GNR." Yes he is, and that is a good argument, but he's been denying every single release date ever rumored. No matter what the rumors say, and no matter how trustful the source is, he is always denying it. I dont think merck is that good of a reliable source anymore.

TW@

And he's been right every time he's denied the release date hasn't he? :) Did he ever WRONGLY deny a release date? No. If he did we'd all have Chi Dem.