Former GNR manger speaks! Axl wrote most of

usjc001

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Couldnt agree with him more. Scott is living off of the talent of Slash, Duff, Matt, and Dave, its bullshit. Why they picked him, I dont know, but so far Scott has proven what an immature asshole he is. I hope the rest of the band cans his ass, or leave him sitting there in VR like they did to Axl back then.

he could just as easily say "Fuck this bullshit drama" and walk. Leaving them high and dry...

Couldnt agree with him more. Scott is living off of the talent of Slash, Duff, Matt, and Dave, its bullshit. Why they picked him, I dont know, but so far Scott has proven what an immature asshole he is. I hope the rest of the band cans his ass, or leave him sitting there in VR like they did to Axl back then.

he could just as easily say "Fuck this bullshit drama" and walk. Leaving them high and dry...

Exactly. I feel bad for the guy, the last thing he probably wanted was to be caught in the crossfire between Axl and Slash. He's standing by his band though which is commendable even if I didn't necessarily care for his statement to Axl.

I don't know what to make of all this(Axl's lawyers/Weiland/Duff's non-response/Niven's statement), but it sure is interesting.

Still waiting for a response from Slash. Come on Slash, give us 'your take', please?

It's funny that some people feel they have to bag on Scott to be a true Axl fan.

Breaking news... Axl doesn't care whether or not you like Scott Weiland.

I still think that all of this is nothing but good publicity for both bands. Maybe they paid Niveen to say that to get all of the VR fans who like Scott fired up about his trashing Scott's ability.

I don't think there's going to be a reunion!! :no:

If that happens, it would be a miracle!! :D

By the way, I'm not surprised of what GNR manager said. I knew Axl wrote most of the lyrics and melodies. I know he's a genius!! :P

The only way a reunion ever happens is if they start to run out of money. That doesn't seem likely, given that the back catalog of CD's still sell well, especially Appetite. The royalty checks will keep pouring in.

Interesting - but odd at the same time.

Why would Alan Niven be coming out of the woodwork to talk about GNR now?

Is he hoping to orchestrate a reunion and try to get his old job back if successful?

Who do we hear from next? Maybe Moby.

Or that one guy...I think his name is Slash! ^_^

Ha, he already did his promo for CD. ;)

'It's coming in March' ?

:huh:

Not his fault if the timing wasn't exactly right...

And madison I think there's definitely some alterior motive to this.

Wonder how Merck feels about it. Niven said more in one day than Merck's said about his client in years.

Interesting - but odd at the same time.

Why would Alan Niven be coming out of the woodwork to talk about GNR now?

Is he hoping to orchestrate a reunion and try to get his old job back if successful?

Axl hates him. He has no chance of managing gnr and he probably knows it. So why release this statement in the first place? That's the question....

It's all very odd and makes you question the legitimacy of the statement. He hammers on his lack of respect for Scott and talks up Slash and the rhythm section, yet states he turned down an opportunity to manage the band "for personal reasons" before Scott even came on board.

These are strange, strange times, even for GNR, and by association, VR. Let's just hope that in midst of all this circus side crap we can get a couple of albums this year...

Added: As someone mentioned earlier, it is also odd that he misspells Scott's last name throughout the statement. It's all written very properly, yet we get this repeated misspell(Weilland). He seems like the kind of guy that would at least get his name right if he's going to come out with such a public statement.

Edited by Turn_It_Up

My guess is that Axl has surpassed all these people like Alan Niven and his old members. And that's why they are all pissed off but also still want to get back with him. Axl has, by fair means or foul, got to a point where he has all the power and has become bigger than the producers and record execs and ex-members. The statemnets from these other parties swing from attacks to ass kissing but really Axl is now beyond them with a band which is on his pay roll. Ex-managers want Axl to fail so a reunion is back on. But really Axl has moved ahead. He's not going to go back. He'll probably end up as executive producer on Chinese Democracy. And he'll continue to make music under GNR with different people. Like he said he was trying to find a way to save his career.