Lars and Kid Rock talkin about Slash, Duff and Axl?

avg_

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

why it could be true:

no ones talkin

axl said he still loves slash, talked to izzy recently

vr not in studio yet.

why its not

vr goin into the studio, and slash and duff are not goin to learn chinese demo and write the liderad albul at the same time.

kid rock and lars do not need press by spreading rumors :rolleyes:

the lawsuits

sadly its false

Seriously, Dizzy will always be nothing more than an insignificant footnote in GNR's legacy no matter how long he stays on the dole and does his keyboarding. What percentage of the public do you think even knows about Dizzy being a GNR member...let alone cares? Just stating the facts.

And don't kid yourselves, if Axl ever *wanted* to reunite with his former bandmembers, he would(and should). The question is, will he ever genuinely want to do that? He's not NOT going to do it out of hurting these newer guys feelings. They've all been paid well and I'm sure came into the gig with their eyes wide open knowing the score and that their time in the band ends the very second Axl and the legendary lineup wishes to reunite. You don't think each of these guys has been 100% aware of this since coming onboard?

If some form of the old band does reunite, Dizzy and a few others could stay. But it's ludicrous to think Axl will not do as he wishes because he somehow owes these newer members more than the old band. Finck already left him once, I doubt Axl has forgotten that...

Perhaps Dizzy prefers the new guys because they respect his views, rather than the 'Old' guys who were firmly against him being appointed. And, IMHO, the new lineup is better too, and I'm not getting a meal ticket from Axl nor being a glorified mouthpiece.

That's a good point, I remember none of them really taking to Dizzy particularly Slash and Izzy who were cold to him in the beginning if I recall. He was a band member but not an original member and so he was kind of sidelined. I can understand his frustration in that sense towards the old band...

You're entitled to your opinion but my comments about Dizzy being a glorified mouthpiece are based on the fact that he never sounds like he has a real opinion of his own. Everything he says sounds like something that has been filtered by Axl Rose.

I like the new lineup, I think they played the hell out of some of the old songs and were a great fit for the new songs. However the new lineup's draw for me was Buckethead and with him gone, I think they lost their edge. They just don't do much for me right now. I really hope Axl keeps Bucket's work in CD....it would be a shame to lose it...

stop bashing dizzy :fuckyou: fuck you! He has played with both bands, you have not. Your blindness from your love of Slash and co cause you to believe that anyone who might have an opinion that agrees with Axl is simply his 'yes-man' or 'employee'. Fuck that, you dont know shit.

why stop bashing around dizzy? i thought you didn't like the line-up before buckethead and stinson etc..

Edited by Pronk

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Ill prolly get flamed to death for this.

I was watching SCOM on YouTube the other day, and I thought the weak links were Finck as I don't like his way of playing, and AXL. I really hate that new voice of his.

Why doesn't Axl sing like he used to?

He would if he could, but he can't.

Perhaps Dizzy prefers the new guys because they respect his views, rather than the 'Old' guys who were firmly against him being appointed. And, IMHO, the new lineup is better too, and I'm not getting a meal ticket from Axl nor being a glorified mouthpiece.

That's a good point, I remember none of them really taking to Dizzy particularly Slash and Izzy who were cold to him in the beginning if I recall. He was a band member but not an original member and so he was kind of sidelined. I can understand his frustration in that sense towards the old band...

You're entitled to your opinion but my comments about Dizzy being a glorified mouthpiece are based on the fact that he never sounds like he has a real opinion of his own. Everything he says sounds like something that has been filtered by Axl Rose.

I like the new lineup, I think they played the hell out of some of the old songs and were a great fit for the new songs. However the new lineup's draw for me was Buckethead and with him gone, I think they lost their edge. They just don't do much for me right now. I really hope Axl keeps Bucket's work in CD....it would be a shame to lose it...

stop bashing dizzy :fuckyou: fuck you! He has played with both bands, you have not. Your blindness from your love of Slash and co cause you to believe that anyone who might have an opinion that agrees with Axl is simply his 'yes-man' or 'employee'. Fuck that, you dont know shit.

why stop bashing around dizzy? i thought you didn't like the line-up before buckethead and stinson etc..

what are u talking about? I like both the old and new lineups, and Dizzy rocks. Seriously if you don't konw what you are talking about just don't say anything.

I was watching SCOM on YouTube the other day, and I thought the weak links were Finck as I don't like his way of playing, and AXL. I really hate that new voice of his.

Finck & more importantly, Botaxl, were/are obviously the weak links in fakeGNR. I felt bad for axl during the VMA's & those NA tour shows, that's how lame I think he's become. I always wonder what everyone working for him really thinks & if they're just too scared to tell him about his hair/wardrobe/voice. Seriously, what could some cool guy like Stinson really think about axl nowadays, besides it's cool he gets paid for not doing much. Back in the day, Stinson ripped on Axl/GNR for the same shit he's now playing an active role in. Weird.

Hmm interesting thread this. I think what really needs to be said is this. In the big picture, every band has it's day and although some of us (idiots?) have lived in hope for over ten years plus that G'n'R are still relevant, the truth is they sadly no longer are. If CD never gets released and the new band never plays live. or indeed if the old guys don't reunite either, does it really matter anymore? Every band peaks and evry band eventually needs to call it quits. Isn't that the case with Guns 'n' Roses? Do we REALLY need this fucked up situation to continue or is it better to remember the good times and just move on... rock1

Those people are small people on a power trip. Kid Rock is a joke and Lars is a little bald fuck who became famous because of James.

They are just playing games, because they hate us and Axl.

Reunion? Cant you just stop talking about that. Reunion`s sucks and so does Slash and Duff.

Lars always said that he admires Axl.... Hey man! the important thing about the ppl is not his looking, it doesnt matter if Lars or Axl are bald or something like that. its something that the ppl cant have a control over it. The levels of stupidity is something that ppl can have control, but referring to somebody callin him bald is a very stupid thing.... Remember the words of Weiland talking about Axl....

Why not?

Why not?

He can, but he doesn't want to ruin his vocal chords.

Too bad. He used to sound badass live. Now the vocals seem to have much less force.

Why not?

He can, but he doesn't want to ruin his vocal chords.

Too bad. He used to sound badass live. Now the vocals seem to have much less force.

I though Axl voice sounded the same as it used to be.

Definitely not.

Sure. Axl sounds older. But his voice is the same.

What these people are talking about is that Axl has lost some of his old rasp, and his new rasp, as displayed in Boston, Leeds, Toronto, and other shows in 02, is very high and punkish.

Plus, Axl's voice sounds slightly different on nearly every song from the UYI and AFD eras.

In fact. I was playing my DVD of Boston on the TV today and my sister, who loves GN'R but hadn't seen any of the new shows, walked in and heard his voice and said:

- IS THAT AXL? What the hell? What happened to old Axl?

- His voice is phenomenal, why do people criticize his new voice? It's way better than that horrible "Live Era" voice.

I agree with her, Axl's voice is incredible. Just because it's clearer doesn't mean it's worse.

Definitely not.

Sure. Axl sounds older. But his voice is the same.

What these people are talking about is that Axl has lost some of his old rasp, and his new rasp, as displayed in Boston, Leeds, Toronto, and other shows in 02, is very high and punkish.

Plus, Axl's voice sounds slightly different on nearly every song from the UYI and AFD eras.

In fact. I was playing my DVD of Boston on the TV today and my sister, who loves GN'R but hadn't seen any of the new shows, walked in and heard his voice and said:

- IS THAT AXL? What the hell? What happened to old Axl?

- His voice is phenomenal, why do people criticize his new voice? It's way better than that horrible "Live Era" voice.

I agree with her, Axl's voice is incredible. Just because it's clearer doesn't mean it's worse.

Mayble it has lost same of its rasp but too me his voice sounded good reallt high and punkish. So i guess i love his voice. And your right it change. ;)

Axl - vocals

Slash - lead guitar

Finck - 2nd lead guitar

Fortus - rhythm guitar (Izzy probably wouldn't want to join anyway)

Duff - bass

Brain - drums (Matt rejoins The Cult...though I'm not sure if that position is still open...or maybe Matt even comes back)

Reed/Pittman

I agree with this line-up but why would you need two lead guitarists? Slash is more than capable on his own, with Fortus on rhythm. After all, he wrote all of the relevant guitar parts for the pre CD songs in the first place.

And WTF -Stinson has now left to join Soul Asylum? It just goes from bad to worse. :shocked:

GN'R needs two lead guitarists because all the songs on CD have been written with two lead guitarists in mind. Good as Slash is, I don't think he could play both Buckethead and Finck's parts, especially when they're playing simultaneously!

Anyway, while I'm taking any reunion rumours with a MASSIVE dose of salt, that Slash/Fortus/Finck/Duff/Brain/Pittman/Reed lineup is pretty much my ideal version of GN'R. Though I can take or leave Duff; as has been noted, it wouldn't be very nice to Stinson to reward all the effort he's put in by firing him just before the release of CD in favour of Duff. But Slash would fit quite nicely into the new GN'R lineup, given that they need a replacement for Buckethead. Face it, as far as the general public's concerned, GN'R is Axl and Slash; they're the iconic figures in the band, and most people wouldn't care who's filling the other places in the lineup. A lot of the naysayers would shut up if Slash were recruited to fill that vacant lead guitarist slot.

...but I very much doubt it'll happen. :rolleyes:

SG

this lineup could never be realized and I'll tell you why:

first off, Finck was brought into Guns N' Roses as a replacement for Slash following his departure. In 1995, the two guitarists for G'n'R were Slash & Zakk Wylde... Slash playing the more melodic guitar parts, Wylde being the shredder. Finck was brought in to fill in Slash's shoes. After Wylde's exit, Buckethead was the replacement. Again, two lead guitarists with very different feels.

Guns N' Roses isn't a band that needs two guitarists who play similarly in many ways- they aren't Lynyrd Skynyrd- they aren't gonna have three identical guitarists playing overtop one another.

Axl knows this and you should all know this- if Slash were to return, having Finck would no longer be necessary.

Secondly, Axl Rose is in charge of the bands lineup and he's always been someone who rewards those who are loyal to him. The prime example of this is Dizzy fuckin' Reed or Paul Tobias. Axl would never voluntarily fire two individuals (such as Tommy & Finck) who have stuck with him through thick and thin. Keep in mind that these are two personalities that will answer Axl's call whenever he requests it. Axl has never fired anyone- including those he hated for long stents of time (such as Matt Sorum)... he has always tried to keep Guns N' Roses together regardless of the situation. The only example of him truly kicking some1 out of the band is Adler and that was a wholly different situation.

However, based upon all these rumors and the fact that Dizzy did say to me that Slash/Duff have been trying to contact Axl for a reunion, it does seem HIGHLY likely that the VR camp is looking for a G'n'R reunion. But, Dizzy said this to me in an almost mocking way towards Slash/Duff and also stated that the current lineup (incl. Tommy/Finck) is the best G'n'R he's ever been in.

Take it for what you will but I believe Slash/Duff want back in G'n'R but I don't believe they will be anytime in the near future.

Point one: I am just going based on what spots aren't filled in the current lineup and where Slash and Duff would fit in. GN'R did more than okay back in the day with just Slash and a rhythm guitarist, they didn't need a "shredder". They could do the same today, only with an extra guitarist that they could take advantage of. Of course Slash would need to change some parts to suit him, but that can easily be done. Supposedly many songs were written with three guitarists in mind so they almost have to get someone...and it must be tempting for the Guns camp to choose Slash as it would be massive publicity for the new album.

Point two: Well that's pretty much what I said, isn't it? Which is why I left Finck in my lineup. 'Cept Turn It Up made a great point when he said that the new members must have known the drill coming into all of this...that a reunion could happen and they'd be on the outside looking in. And Axl has probably taken good care of them for the work they put in. Even if someone gets canned they don't exactly come out of it in really bad shape. Plus Finck left Axl once before...why would Axl hesitate to do the same if it suits his ends?

Edited by KBear

I'm not 100% sure I buy the "he can't sing that way anymore" line. Basically the last song that old GNR recorded ('Sympathy For the Devil' in 1994), Axl sounded great and displayed range and grit in his vocals. Between 1994 and 2000 (when he primarily wasn't even singing) did he just lose the ability? I doubt it. Like a previous poster said, he is probably choosing not to sing in that manner, either to help his voice, piss off the people who like the old band, or comepletely go in a new direction with his vocals.

I'm not 100% sure I buy the "he can't sing that way anymore" line. Basically the last song that old GNR recorded ('Sympathy For the Devil' in 1994), Axl sounded great and displayed range and grit in his vocals. Between 1994 and 2000 (when he primarily wasn't even singing) did he just lose the ability? I doubt it. Like a previous poster said, he is probably choosing not to sing in that manner, either to help his voice, piss off the people who like the old band, or comepletely go in a new direction with his vocals.

well said.