Lars and Kid Rock talkin about Slash, Duff and Axl?

avg_

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

imo opinion there is a chance that slash and duff will play the old gnr stuff on summer tour and the new stuff by finck and fortus....that is why there is the new-old logo on every festivalsite...

Now that IS ridiculous! :laugh:

LA

So what, Axl is just gonna say to Stinson and Finck, "Great material guys, thanks very much for your contribution. But I want Slash and Duff to play it now. Sorry." :rolleyes:

Why not ? Are Finck or Stinson that important ? Don't think so...

A lot of people (Halfin, Niven, etc.) are talking about a reunion. Could be true.

I dont mean to sound rude, but considering they have probably contributed quite a lot to the new album, that makes them VERY fuckin important.....

LA

Edited by LA_0013

You guys think that Merck and Axl asked to all these different people (Halfin, Niven, Ulrich, etc.) to talk about a GNR reunion in order to create a buzz in the media ? :rolleyes:

And why Tommy Stinson doesn't update his site ? It wouldn't be that strange if he prefered to be in Soul Asylum rather than in GNR.

Edited by Alan Niveen

Back to reality morons!..........LMAOF....... :rofl-lol:

I cant wait for Slash playing on "Better"...... :lol:

The fact that YOU think Slash can't learn or play great guitar on ANY song thrown at him shows how little you really know about music. Guys at his level ie: iconic guitar legend, practice up to 8 hours a day every day. That's why they are multi-millionaire superstars at the very peak of their profession.

PS. Nice pictures of Buckethead. Who does he play with again? :rofl-lol:

imo opinion there is a chance that slash and duff will play the old gnr stuff on summer tour and the new stuff by finck and fortus....that is why there is the new-old logo on every festivalsite...

Now that IS ridiculous! :laugh:

LA

So what, Axl is just gonna say to Stinson and Finck, "Great material guys, thanks very much for your contribution. But I want Slash and Duff to play it now. Sorry." :rolleyes:

Why not ? Are Finck or Stinson that important ? Don't think so...

A lot of people (Halfin, Niven, etc.) are talking about a reunion. Could be true.

I dont mean to sound rude, but considering they have probably contributed quite a lot to the new album, that makes them VERY fuckin important.....

LA

If this rumour is true, nobody will be losing their jobs. Stinson is playing in Soul Asylum (maybe he's already left Guns for all we know forcing Axl to look for a new bassist). BH is already gone so the band needs a new guitarist. So Duff replaces Stinson and Slash replaces BH.

Axl - vocals

Slash - lead guitar

Finck - 2nd lead guitar

Fortus - rhythm guitar (Izzy probably wouldn't want to join anyway)

Duff - bass

Brain - drums (Matt rejoins The Cult...though I'm not sure if that position is still open...or maybe Matt even comes back)

Reed/Pittman

So everything could fall right into place...but it would take a lot for that to happen.

Maybe Axl and the label recognize that having Slash and Duff in the band is the only way to appeal to the real die hard fans of the old band, and hey they need a bassist and guitarist anyhow. The fans who are into the new band are into it for Axl and will stick around no matter who he's with.

I'd be pretty surprised to see this happen, but if it does happen I'm sure it'll happen the way I've outlined it above. It's really the only way to appease everyone. Unfortunately Finck could feel like the he doesn't belong and would probably leave during or after the tour, but who knows?

Edited by KBear

Axl - vocals

Slash - lead guitar

Finck - 2nd lead guitar

Duff - bass

Brain - drums (Matt rejoins The Cult...though I'm not sure if that position is still open...or maybe Matt even comes back)

Reed/Pittman

I agree with this line-up but why would you need two lead guitarists? Slash is more than capable on his own, with Fortus on rhythm. After all, he wrote all of the relevant guitar parts for the pre CD songs in the first place.

And WTF -Stinson has now left to join Soul Asylum? It just goes from bad to worse. :shocked:

It's probably BS, but it is strange that Fortus seems to be the only other NuGNR member confirmed to be at RIR, per his website. Since Fortus is the rhythm guitarist, that would leave the lead guitar, bass & drummer slots open. Probably just a coincidence.

There is no band named NuGNR. If you can't get the name of the band right, then get out of here, fuckhead. :fuckyou:

Whoa man. I think it's only a way to distinguish the new band from the old. If someone just says GN'R all the time, then half the time it would be unclear which version they were referring to.

But nugdafied brings up an interesting point.

Axl - vocals

Slash - lead guitar

Finck - 2nd lead guitar

Duff - bass

Reed/Pittman

I agree with this line-up but why would you need two lead guitarists? Slash is more than capable on his own, with Fortus on rhythm. After all, he wrote all of the relevant guitar parts for the pre CD songs in the first place.

And WTF -Stinson has now left to join Soul Asylum? It just goes from bad to worse. :shocked:

No no. I didn't say he left. But he has played with SA latel. I'm just saying he could maybe leave to play for them, or maybe he already has, which would create the opening for Duff and would give this rumour more credibility. Because I agree with those posters who believe Axl wouldn't just fire Stinson, who has been pretty loyal to him for many years now.

And the band probably doesn't need two leads, but that's the way Axl made it. In '02 they toured with Finck/BH/Fortus. For whatever reason, maybe Axl will want to keep it that way.

Edited by KBear

ok, im searchin the net for more info on GnR n slash with GnR today, but nothin but comments from him. GnR has been slient for years even in '02 slash or duff or matt said nothin. now 2006 hits and we're gettin news from slash himself, rumors about axl n slash, so its not to farfetched tht the orginal GnR mite b plannin sumthin. Now mayb there meetin with each other or sumthin or plannin a tour or sumthin but theres sumthin more then jus lawsuits. plus slash still hasnt commented on axl's statement so it may b true

Maybe slash and duff have been re-re-recording their respective parts for CD and thats whats taking it so long to come out.... of course in secret on the downlow and such

back on subject

A reunion tour would be fucking sweet

ok, im searchin the net for more info on GnR n slash with GnR today, but nothin but comments from him. GnR has been slient for years even in '02 slash or duff or matt said nothin. now 2006 hits and we're gettin news from slash himself, rumors about axl n slash, so its not to farfetched tht the orginal GnR mite b plannin sumthin. Now mayb there meetin with each other or sumthin or plannin a tour or sumthin but theres sumthin more then jus lawsuits. plus slash still hasnt commented on axl's statement so it may b true

That's nice. Ask your mom to type next time and don't start threads about topics that already exists. Thank you.

Axl - vocals

Slash - lead guitar

Finck - 2nd lead guitar

Duff - bass

Reed/Pittman

GN'R needs two lead guitarists because all the songs on CD have been written with two lead guitarists in mind. Good as Slash is, I don't think he could play both Buckethead and Finck's parts, especially when they're playing simultaneously!

Anyway, while I'm taking any reunion rumours with a MASSIVE dose of salt, that Slash/Fortus/Finck/Duff/Brain/Pittman/Reed lineup is pretty much my ideal version of GN'R. Though I can take or leave Duff; as has been noted, it wouldn't be very nice to Stinson to reward all the effort he's put in by firing him just before the release of CD in favour of Duff. But Slash would fit quite nicely into the new GN'R lineup, given that they need a replacement for Buckethead. Face it, as far as the general public's concerned, GN'R is Axl and Slash; they're the iconic figures in the band, and most people wouldn't care who's filling the other places in the lineup. A lot of the naysayers would shut up if Slash were recruited to fill that vacant lead guitarist slot.

...but I very much doubt it'll happen. :rolleyes:

SG

Edited by 11dayempire