Lars and Kid Rock talkin about Slash, Duff and Axl?

avg_

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you guys think the new band will think of it if Slash and Duff come back in? While I don't think they will stand in their way as they have a chance to be in something special, they may feel miffed that their hard work will probably be credited to Slash and Duff by the general public. However a line-up of Axl, Slash, Duff, Robin, Fortus, Pitman, Dizzy and Brain is pretty awesome. They almost have as many members as Slipknot :laugh: I seriously doubt it will happen but I'd love it to. Velvet Revolver's album was quality but they will just be completely over shadowed by Guns N' Roses now.

What do you guys think the new band will think of it if Slash and Duff come back in? While I don't think they will stand in their way as they have a chance to be in something special, they may feel miffed that their hard work will probably be credited to Slash and Duff by the general public. However a line-up of Axl, Slash, Duff, Robin, Fortus, Pitman, Dizzy and Brain is pretty awesome. They almost have as many members as Slipknot :laugh: I seriously doubt it will happen but I'd love it to. Velvet Revolver's album was quality but they will just be completely over shadowed by Guns N' Roses now.

The new band have been kept on retainer wages for the last 10 years. Axl has no loyalty to them, and judging from their comments over the last few years, they don't really have any loyalty to GNR - it's just a job to them (excepting Dizzy). They wouldn't be at all surprised if they're sacked, and I don't think Uncle Axl would give a two-bit shit about doing so.

The new band have been kept on retainer wages for the last 10 years. Axl has no loyalty to them, and judging from their comments over the last few years, they don't really have any loyalty to GNR - it's just a job to them (excepting Dizzy). They wouldn't be at all surprised if they're sacked, and I don't think Uncle Axl would give a two-bit shit about doing so.

Hmm, yeah that could be. Doesn't really matter though...cuz if it were to play out like I speculated, BH left of his own accord and Stinson too (to play in SA). That's assuming of course that that is what he wants to do (just so Axl's Disillusion knows I'm not saying he has left yet or ever will, or even wants to for that matter). All the others would still be in the band. The only guy I could see being a bit concerned is Finck.

Hmm, yeah that could be. Doesn't really matter though...cuz if it were to play out like I speculated, BH left of his own accord and Stinson too (to play in SA). That's assuming of course that that is what he wants to do (just so Axl's Disillusion knows I'm not saying he has left yet or ever will, or even wants to for that matter). All the others would still be in the band. The only guy I could see being a bit concerned is Finck.

That's who I was thinking of when I wrote that. Basically the opportunity to become lead guitarist in Guns N' Roses would evade him for the 2nd time if Slash rejoined. I think Fortus appreciates being part of something so huge and wont walk away from it. From what we can tell (as outsiders) the band don't spend a huge deal of time together and maybe it is wrong to call them a band as much as they are workers. Remember that guy got blasted a few weeks back when he heard from an 'insider' that Finck was becoming 'disillusioned' with the whole Axl deal. Maybe Axl is preparing a replacement for Finck? However I'm probably talking rubbish as I don't have a fucking clue what is going on but I'd like to see Finck stay in the band. Axl if you're reading this - Don't say my name during a gig unless it's in a positive sense. Otherwise I will find you :laugh:

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Fucking Republicans...

Now, I was only kidding with that post, but I seriously am curious about this, I know Kid Rock is a big-time Republican. Can we verify that Lars is?

This picture is what makes me think he is:

19901109photo016fu.jpg

His t-shirt seems to say "California Republican". Anyway, I know this is stupid and meaningless, but could someone please indulge me?

Fucking Republicans...

Now, I was only kidding with that post, but I seriously am curious about this, I know Kid Rock is a big-time Republican. Can we verify that Lars is?

This picture is what makes me think he is:

19901109photo016fu.jpg

His t-shirt seems to say "California Republican". Anyway, I know this is stupid and meaningless, but could someone please indulge me?

It says "California Republic". It's the official state flag of California, it doesn't really have to do with the political parties.

I don't know about his political stance, although "Don't Tread On Me" which came out after the first Gulf war could be interpreted as pro-war

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789
Lars is Danish.

And how long has he been living in The U.S.A?

It says "California Republic". It's the official state flag of California, it doesn't really have to do with the political parties.

I don't know about his political stance, although "Don't Tread On Me" which came out after the first Gulf war could be interpreted as pro-war

Ah, very interesting. "Don't Tread On Me" does seem very nationalist. They seem to have turned right in the 90's.

Axl - vocals

Slash - lead guitar

Finck - 2nd lead guitar

Fortus - rhythm guitar (Izzy probably wouldn't want to join anyway)

Duff - bass

Brain - drums (Matt rejoins The Cult...though I'm not sure if that position is still open...or maybe Matt even comes back)

Reed/Pittman

I agree with this line-up but why would you need two lead guitarists? Slash is more than capable on his own, with Fortus on rhythm. After all, he wrote all of the relevant guitar parts for the pre CD songs in the first place.

And WTF -Stinson has now left to join Soul Asylum? It just goes from bad to worse. :shocked:

GN'R needs two lead guitarists because all the songs on CD have been written with two lead guitarists in mind. Good as Slash is, I don't think he could play both Buckethead and Finck's parts, especially when they're playing simultaneously!

Anyway, while I'm taking any reunion rumours with a MASSIVE dose of salt, that Slash/Fortus/Finck/Duff/Brain/Pittman/Reed lineup is pretty much my ideal version of GN'R. Though I can take or leave Duff; as has been noted, it wouldn't be very nice to Stinson to reward all the effort he's put in by firing him just before the release of CD in favour of Duff. But Slash would fit quite nicely into the new GN'R lineup, given that they need a replacement for Buckethead. Face it, as far as the general public's concerned, GN'R is Axl and Slash; they're the iconic figures in the band, and most people wouldn't care who's filling the other places in the lineup. A lot of the naysayers would shut up if Slash were recruited to fill that vacant lead guitarist slot.

...but I very much doubt it'll happen. :rolleyes:

SG

this lineup could never be realized and I'll tell you why:

first off, Finck was brought into Guns N' Roses as a replacement for Slash following his departure. In 1995, the two guitarists for G'n'R were Slash & Zakk Wylde... Slash playing the more melodic guitar parts, Wylde being the shredder. Finck was brought in to fill in Slash's shoes. After Wylde's exit, Buckethead was the replacement. Again, two lead guitarists with very different feels.

Guns N' Roses isn't a band that needs two guitarists who play similarly in many ways- they aren't Lynyrd Skynyrd- they aren't gonna have three identical guitarists playing overtop one another.

Axl knows this and you should all know this- if Slash were to return, having Finck would no longer be necessary.

Secondly, Axl Rose is in charge of the bands lineup and he's always been someone who rewards those who are loyal to him. The prime example of this is Dizzy fuckin' Reed or Paul Tobias. Axl would never voluntarily fire two individuals (such as Tommy & Finck) who have stuck with him through thick and thin. Keep in mind that these are two personalities that will answer Axl's call whenever he requests it. Axl has never fired anyone- including those he hated for long stents of time (such as Matt Sorum)... he has always tried to keep Guns N' Roses together regardless of the situation. The only example of him truly kicking some1 out of the band is Adler and that was a wholly different situation.

However, based upon all these rumors and the fact that Dizzy did say to me that Slash/Duff have been trying to contact Axl for a reunion, it does seem HIGHLY likely that the VR camp is looking for a G'n'R reunion. But, Dizzy said this to me in an almost mocking way towards Slash/Duff and also stated that the current lineup (incl. Tommy/Finck) is the best G'n'R he's ever been in.

Take it for what you will but I believe Slash/Duff want back in G'n'R but I don't believe they will be anytime in the near future.

(Dizzy) also stated that the current lineup (incl. Tommy/Finck) is the best G'n'R he's ever been in.

That's Dizzy's opinion, but most of fans think it's bullshit. No GNR without Slash...

of course its Dizzy's opinion and of course we think it's bullshit (including me)... but its also true that Dizzy has always voiced Axl's opinion and vice versa... and that's whats truly important here.

(Dizzy) also stated that the current lineup (incl. Tommy/Finck) is the best G'n'R he's ever been in.

That's Dizzy's opinion, but most of fans think it's bullshit. No GNR without Slash...

You know what. Fuck Dizzy Reed. The guy has no opinion of his own, he's basically Axl's glorified mouthpiece. That and he never really has anything positive to say about the old band. Read his comments over the years on HTGTH, he's pretty diplomatic and never outright says anything bad about them, but if you can read between the lines, its clear he really doesn't like them very much.

Finck/Fortus/Stinson over Slash/Izzy/Duff....best lineup ever? Give me a fuckin break Dizzy.

Finck/Fortus/Stinson over Slash/Izzy/Duff....best lineup ever? Give me a fuckin break Dizzy.

i agree. however, what I'm trying to display is that because Dizzy and Axl usually think alike... it would seem that Axl also truly believes his current lineup is superior. And to some extent, if you want to talk technicality- they are.

i mean... since when has Axl ever really gave a damn about the band's image? he's always cared about his own image but he's always tried to re-invent G'n'Rs image from album to album.

i agree. however, what I'm trying to display is that because Dizzy and Axl usually think alike... it would seem that Axl also truly believes his current lineup is superior. And to some extent, if you want to talk technicality- they are.

i mean... since when has Axl ever really gave a damn about the band's image? he's always cared about his own image but he's always tried to re-invent G'n'Rs image from album to album.

Dizzy and Axl don't necessarily think alike. Dizzy is an employee/servant of Axl Rose. As such he is forced to repeat Axl's POV or get fired and lose his meal ticket. I don't blame him for what he says, its not like he really has a choice. I mean if you have huge checks coming in for doing basically nothing for the last 10 years, its a good deal. Axl has taken care of him.

If Axl thinks his new lineup is superior its probably more out of bitterness towards the old band than raw talent. Or perhaps he feels the new band is better suited for the music he's trying to play. I don't know why you think the new band is technically better than the old, none of them can play as good as the old band. I doubt Fortus could rip a Double Talking Jive outro like Izzy...Fortus is good nonetheless...

It will be interesting to see how this all plays out, but the music on CD was written for 3 guitar players, they need that third guitarist. Someone on the level of Buckethead/Slash/Ron Thal...

Perhaps Dizzy prefers the new guys because they respect his views, rather than the 'Old' guys who were firmly against him being appointed. And, IMHO, the new lineup is better too, and I'm not getting a meal ticket from Axl nor being a glorified mouthpiece.

Perhaps Dizzy prefers the new guys because they respect his views, rather than the 'Old' guys who were firmly against him being appointed. And, IMHO, the new lineup is better too, and I'm not getting a meal ticket from Axl nor being a glorified mouthpiece.

That's a good point, I remember none of them really taking to Dizzy particularly Slash and Izzy who were cold to him in the beginning if I recall. He was a band member but not an original member and so he was kind of sidelined. I can understand his frustration in that sense towards the old band...

You're entitled to your opinion but my comments about Dizzy being a glorified mouthpiece are based on the fact that he never sounds like he has a real opinion of his own. Everything he says sounds like something that has been filtered by Axl Rose.

I like the new lineup, I think they played the hell out of some of the old songs and were a great fit for the new songs. However the new lineup's draw for me was Buckethead and with him gone, I think they lost their edge. They just don't do much for me right now. I really hope Axl keeps Bucket's work in CD....it would be a shame to lose it...

Edited by SylvesterStallone

That's a good point, I remember none of them really taking to Dizzy particularly Slash and Izzy who were cold to him in the beginning if I recall. He was a band member but not an original member and so he was kind of sidelined. I can understand his frustration in that sense towards the old band...

Ironic really, how that Slash was himself a replacement as was Duff and yet treated Dizzy like Dirt..

You're entitled to your opinion but my comments about Dizzy being a glorified mouthpiece are based on the fact that he never sounds like he has a real opinion of his own. Everything he says sounds like something that has been filtered by Axl Rose.

They're best mates, and stuck with eachother, through thick and thin. It may have been filtered, but I can sttill respect the man and his views.

I like the new lineup, I think they played the hell out of some of the old songs and were a great fit for the new songs. However the new lineup's draw for me was Buckethead and with him gone, I think they lost their edge. They just don't do much for me right now. I really hope Axl keeps Bucket's work in CD....it would be a shame to lose it...

Totally with you there dude :)

stop bashing dizzy :fuckyou: fuck you! He has played with both bands, you have not. Your blindness from your love of Slash and co cause you to believe that anyone who might have an opinion that agrees with Axl is simply his 'yes-man' or 'employee'. Fuck that, you dont know shit.

Secondly, Axl Rose is in charge of the bands lineup and he's always been someone who rewards those who are loyal to him. The prime example of this is Dizzy fuckin' Reed or Paul Tobias. Axl would never voluntarily fire two individuals (such as Tommy & Finck) who have stuck with him through thick and thin. Keep in mind that these are two personalities that will answer Axl's call whenever he requests it. Axl has never fired anyone- including those he hated for long stents of time (such as Matt Sorum)... he has always tried to keep Guns N' Roses together regardless of the situation. The only example of him truly kicking some1 out of the band is Adler and that was a wholly different situation.

However, based upon all these rumors and the fact that Dizzy did say to me that Slash/Duff have been trying to contact Axl for a reunion, it does seem HIGHLY likely that the VR camp is looking for a G'n'R reunion. But, Dizzy said this to me in an almost mocking way towards Slash/Duff and also stated that the current lineup (incl. Tommy/Finck) is the best G'n'R he's ever been in.

Take it for what you will but I believe Slash/Duff want back in G'n'R but I don't believe they will be anytime in the near future.

Agreed!

Finally some one made sense in here! :shades: