Front cover of Classic Rock mag

Thunderstruck

I haven't been on here a while so don't know if this story has been done.

I saw this months issue of Classic Rock and bought it today. It has Axl Rose on the cover, a 9 page article of the UYI tour.

But more interesting is the article at the beginning of the magazine about a reunion.

It states that a GnR insider told Classic Rock mag that two months ago, Axl approached all the original members except for Steven, to reunite for two gigs. One was Downlaod and the other was the Hammersmith in London a month later. Both would be filmed for a DVD and a live album. Each member would receive millions in payment for this.

The insider said that they all were "interested", until a lawyer looked at the contract, and that stated that all rights to GnR would be Axl's, so the negotiations ended.

I don't know how true this is, but thats what it says in the mag. So a live album?

I saw this months issue of Classic Rock and bought it today. It has Axl Rose on the cover, a 9 page article of the UYI tour.

But more interesting is the article at the beginning of the magazine about a reunion.

It states that a GnR insider told Classic Rock mag that two months ago, Axl approached all the original members except for Steven, to reunite for two gigs. One was Downlaod and the other was the Hammersmith in London a month later. Both would be filmed for a DVD and a live album. Each member would receive millions in payment for this.

The insider said that they all were "interested", until a lawyer looked at the contract, and that stated that all rights to GnR would be Axl's, so the negotiations ended.

I don't know how true this is, but thats what it says in the mag. So a live album?

Its bollocks............ Classic Rock still reaks of Mick Wall!

Jonx

Its bollocks............ Classic Rock still reaks of Mick Wall!

Jonx

and we KNOW what Mick Wall and Kerrrang is, don't we kiddies??......

Mick Wall is a cunt full of shit. I bought his fucking lame book second hand years ago.. IMO its full of the same shit he is.. He makes shit out of the band i love. Fuck him and fuck everything he has ever touched.. fuckin kiddie fiddling prick

Fuck him.. fuck Kerrang and FUCK FUCKING FUCK Classic Cock sideways!! I hate this shit. he gets his information from his own fucking cornhole. What a lame wasted prick he really is... people should never pay attention to anything this donkey fucker says. :fuckyou:

Mick Wall is a cunt full of shit. I bought his fucking lame book second hand years ago.. IMO its full of the same shit he is.. He makes shit out of the band i love. Fuck him and fuck everything he has ever touched.. fuckin kiddie fiddling prick

Fuck him.. fuck Kerrang and FUCK FUCKING FUCK Classic Cock sideways!! I hate this shit. he gets his information from his own fucking cornhole. What a lame wasted prick he really is... people should never pay attention to anything this donkey fucker says. :fuckyou:

tell us how you really feel :rolleyes:

tell us how you really feel :rolleyes:

I would but i'd get banned honey :heart:

I reckon what Classic Rock said was probably true as far as they know at least. They put it as the main story in their "news section", and to be honest I think it's the sort of thing Axl would do... it mentioned releasing a live album before CD with the original members if there was a reunion gig - probably marking the end of that band officially and marking 20 years of GN'R. Axl could then make a fresh start with CD and the new musicians.

on another note, it come with a CD full on shit bands trying to sound like AFD :laugh:

there is also a picture of slash's pubes and a lovely picture of robert plant!

on yet another note im going to mount the mag on my door!

night all :)

i just don't understand why Axl would reunite the UYI era lineup for 2 shows, then take the new band out on the road. it doesn't make much sense. it would just confuse fans. some people would be under the impression that they were going to see the GnR they knew and loved, then they get there and it's the new lineup they'd be pissed. it would be like KISS having 2 versions playing shows ( one with Ace & Peter and one with Bruce & Eric).

there's also no need for another live album, IMO. we have live era, that's enough until the new lineup does a live album.

i could see Axl trying to put that clause in a contract though, but overall the whole thing doesn't make any sense to me. I guess that's the world of GnR tho, where nothing makes much sense :)

Guest SOLGER

Someonw should email Izzy Duff or Matt and ask them if this is true. If there were ever negotiations of any kind.

there's also no need for another live album, IMO. we have live era, that's enough until the new lineup does a live album.

I thought it was a new DVD like the UYI ones.. a tape of the live show.. I would definitely buy it cuz I can't never get enough of GnR concerts!! and it would be a collector item cuz it's the old lineup reunited and the DVD would be just in time for an special edition for their 20 years anniversary.. I think if true, it was a great idea, but sounds like it's all gone now.. :(

is the cover a new picture or an old one?

I'll have to pick it up... sounds like an interesting read; true or not.

i think it is

however i havent seen it before

it has axl holding a gun :unsure:

:)

i just don't understand why Axl would reunite the UYI era lineup for 2 shows, then take the new band out on the road. it doesn't make much sense. it would just confuse fans. some people would be under the impression that they were going to see the GnR they knew and loved, then they get there and it's the new lineup they'd be pissed. it would be like KISS having 2 versions playing shows ( one with Ace & Peter and one with Bruce & Eric).

i could see Axl trying to put that clause in a contract though, but overall the whole thing doesn't make any sense to me. I guess that's the world of GnR tho, where nothing makes much sense :)

Agreed.

Guest PULPY

I actually stooped as low as to buy kerrang the other day so that i could read the revealing axl interview, turns out to be the one ten years ago M.W got bashed ofr in get in the ring. :rolleyes:

classic rock issue this month is great read though. :)