Matt Talks To Axl In NYC!

madison

Matt Sorum mentioned on his blog that he ran into Axl for the first time in six years. Sounds like they had a cool talk.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

Hello my friends,

In NYC right now.

Played here with Camp Freddy on Tuesday in Times Square. It was unbelievable.

We were hanging off the side of a building.

Scott Weiland sang two and Donovan sang one song.

Then after we finished that we went inside and played a set at The Hard Rock Cafe. Great night with a lot of cool guest.

The rest of the band and party went back to LA yesterday but I decided to hang a bit.

Have been to some great clubs and parties.

Went to a Chrome Hearts party the other night.

They make jewelry

And leather.

I met Cher and Usher.

That was a trip to meet Cher.

She was cool.

Also saw old friend Lenny Kravitz there.

Then last night I went to a club called 6 and 8s.

While getting out of the cab I run into Sean Lennon who was leaving and when inside there was AXL ROSE. Oh my God.

I hadn't seen him in at least 6 years.

I walked over and said Hello.

We shoke hands.

And it was pleasant.

Later that evening I ended up in a loft somewhere in the East Village.

Where Axl was again.

We spoke for quite sometime. And it was nice to clear somethings up.

I told him how great of a frontman he was while I was in the band and no hard feelings from me at all.

It was an all around

Good vibe I think.

After the party ended. Axl gave me a

Ride back to my hotel

In his suburban.

I'm head out now to meet friend Gina Gershon. She knows NY so she can show me around.

Anyway that's all for

Now.

Have Fun and Keep Rockin'

Love,

Matt

Sent wirelessly via BlackBerry from T-Mobile.

http://www.mattsorum.com/blog/blogframeset.html

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In the latest post on his blog, Matt Sorum mentions meeting Axl in New York City:

Thursday, April 13, 2006

---

Then last night I went to a club called 6 and 8s.

While getting out of the cab I run into Sean Lennon who was leaving and when inside there was AXL ROSE. Oh my God.

I hadn't seen him in at least 6 years.

I walked over and said Hello.

We shoke hands.

And it was pleasant.

Later that evening I ended up in a loft somewhere in the East Village.

Where Axl was again.

We spoke for quite sometime. And it was nice to clear somethings up.

I told him how great of a frontman he was while I was in the band and no hard feelings from me at all.

It was an all around

Good vibe I think.

After the party ended. Axl gave me a

Ride back to my hotel

In his suburban.

sorry i took this story from HTGTH but WOW!

i wonder what's next!

can you imagine the day he bumbs in to MR. FUCKING SLASH!!!!! rock1

Ain't ever gonna happen.

We all know that Axl spent all of his earnings from The Spaghetti Incident? to buy a very expensive radar system that detects wherever Slash is at. If they ever come within 500 miles, the device beeps and Axl panics and goes home.

haha all I took from this was that maybe I should consider a Suburban over the new Denali...

but no, that's really a great thing to hear... was definately very excited to read it.

one question though: what is a "loft?" Was he actually talking about the kind of loft as in like, a type of apartment? Or is "loft" (in NYC terms) another word for like, some kind of club or lounge or something?

haha all I took from this was that maybe I should consider a Suburban over the new Denali...

but no, that's really a great thing to hear... was definately very excited to read it.

one question though: what is a "loft?" Was he actually talking about the kind of loft as in like, a type of apartment? Or is "loft" (in NYC terms) another word for like, some kind of club or lounge or something?

Yes, a "loft" is a large apartment - usually warehouse size with high ceilings and lots of space.

Look i know this stupid of me to say but what if just for 1 second go with me on this one:

what if the band is back together and just to cover there ass Matt just said he saw him in a club.

Hmmm.

at least if they are keeping this a secret this is a good way to do so. don't you think

Yes, a "loft" is a large apartment - usually warehouse size with high ceilings and lots of space.

Why do i get the impression that there are forces at work on this planet that are trying to get old members talking again!

Jonx

Look i know this stupid of me to say but what if just for 1 second go with me on this one:

what if the band is back together and just to cover there ass Matt just said he saw him in a club.

Hmmm.

at least if they are keeping this a secret this is a good way to do so. don't you think

To me it proves they're probably NOT back together, because Matt is just now meeting Axl after 6 years. Who knows though? I'm up for anything that pushes the originals back together.

Edited by violent cop

Thanks for the news maddy..

That's a great step for both...

I hope Slash and duff can do the same towards Axl...

Also It's very funny how matt didn't mention the issue about slash... it seems he didn't took part of the slash side of the problem..

this indicates nothing of a reunion of the old members, if anything, it proves its not happening! Axl has a solid band, why would he want the old band back together? People need to stop taking every little thing as a sign of the old guys cummin back, cuz its not gonna happen :book:

dude it proves jack shit either way!, if what slash said is true.........why would matt be talking to slash at the moment?.

stop looking into it people, you start seeing things that ain't real!, they meet and had a chat simple.