If you love Axl you have baggage!

damiandoerr

Can Bass, Treble, and Lyrics Heal a Wounded Soul ?...............

YES! and a whole HELL of a lot better than other methods, "Helpful" people, Parents, ETC.....Name it!

Sometimes the ones in Pain and Darkness understand each other well, and are drawn to the fire of

Self-Destruction, as surely as moths to a Flame...........

I NEVER expected to live TO 30......much less past it........Music Can save your life, even when you want to

end it..........

W.

SYD

i think the original post is true, music can heal souls, have a massive impact on lifes......... it's the loners path to healing and self worth, when you have given up on everyone around you, music can talk to you, it doesn't change, can't let you down~!, stays perfect in it's form !, so yeah it's a great out let!.

, everything that happens in your life shapes who you are, warchild if you wanted to die you wouldn't be here, i wouldn't give up on people all together, "helpful"........ people are around, closed minds won't want to see it, just certain situations attract the wrong type of moth if you guys know what i'm saying?.

peace out. :P

well said aussie_axl, that is very true about music, i know when i am down i listen to music, i usualy listen to 'the blues', november rain', don't cry' and all the songs that axl wrote about being depressed and wanting to give up.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! and a whole HELL of a lot better than other methods, "Helpful" people, Parents, ETC.....Name it!

Sometimes the ones in Pain and Darkness understand each other well, and are drawn to the fire of

I NEVER expected to live TO 30......much less past it........Music Can save your life, even when you want to

end it..........

W.

SYD

i think the original post is true, music can heal souls, have a massive impact on lifes......... it's the loners path to healing and self worth, when you have given up on everyone around you, music can talk to you, it doesn't change, can't let you down~!, stays perfect in it's form !, so yeah it's a great out let!.

, everything that happens in your life shapes who you are, warchild if you wanted to die you wouldn't be here, i wouldn't give up on people all together, "helpful"........ people are around, closed minds won't want to see it, just certain situations attract the wrong type of moth if you guys know what i'm saying?.

well said aussie_axl, that is very true about music, i know when i am down i listen to music, i usualy listen to 'the blues', november rain', don't cry' and all the songs that axl wrote about being depressed and wanting to give up.

thats it Vogstar90_G'N'R, theres always a new day guys and girls, axl has helped out alot of people............. most likely without even knowing, axl's tuff path through life has given hope to millions of kids around the world, thats a special thing to be able to do!, thats why alot of us are here, and act like we have to defend him at any cost.

and just off topic for awhile, how many fucking people are from brisbane on this damn forum now?, i was like the second i think? theres like 8 or so now.

Edited by aussie_axl

off topic. everyone wants to live in brisbane, i just have to convince Axl though, but he will come through eventualy. yea Axl definitly has his emotional songs of all types, happy, sad, pissed off etc. they are good to listen to depending on what kinda mood u are in.

yeah a song for every season :P, brisbane is the place to be !..........or gold coast!.........(so many hotties there) :P

and yeah when they tour down here, we can hit the town..... get him drunk............show him a good time! :xmasssanta:.

end it..........

W.

SYD

A light that burns intensely can burn out........

tho ONLY reason I am still around is because of the music......god knows I have wanted to and tried to end it

before........

and bright lights attract moths......some are drawn to the light, and SOME have bashed thier little Moth-Brains

into a mushy Lobotomy.....we know who they are............

Andy Warhold said..."everyone has 15 miunutes of Fame"

got some glory seeker psycho trophy grabbers around the territory.......

when I become miserable enough, I hope to have the guts to do what Hunter S. Thompson did.......

until then, maybe I'll have a series of small explosions (implosions?) that will keep me interested enough to

stick around.........

Can music heal wounds of a troubled soul?

Bass and treble cover open crevices of pain and darkness???

Yes..........!!

WC

..sir warchild..

..which song will we hear at christmas?...

..BUT:...there is a reason to live...

..and history is written..by people..who killed their own heroes..

Now you know the answer to that one........

DEAD BY XMAS......Hanoi Rocks!!!!

Elton is a sir, warchild is just a son of a bitch.......ask anybody

"Fans" killed Jim Morrison........

and, the suicide rate for manic-depressives is 25% above the norm.......

now watch how I get blasted for bringing up the MD......

worshipping at the altar of rock can and does save lives.....and heal battered minds........soothe troubled

souls.........

and writing?.....better to bleed on paper, than in the real world!! too many sharks in the water.........

Kudos, friend.....

W.

Edited by warchild

[quote name='warchild' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:45 PM' post='1233564'

and writing?.....better to bleed on paper, than in the real world!! too many sharks in the water.........

Kudos, friend.....

W.

My feeling is that in most cases, there are other alternatives that need to be fully explored before choosing the cowards way out, but hey, what do i know i'm not bi-polar 1 aka manic depressive, but i'll just like to share my experience.I've been hooked on smack for years and finally, with the helped of methadone (6mg as for today), i've been able to relieve my chronic pain even though the pain never goes away.I feel that a lot of people who have degenerative illnesses are fragile and are exposed to other significant risk factors for suicide. Their pain has not been appropriately dealt with or their depression has not been appropriately dealt with. The risk for suicide in patients with mood disorders (major depressive disorders and bipolar disorders) are very frequent, i've been in therapy since i'm 15 years old, i'm 25 today, but i can tell you that i know a large groups that are associated with psychiatric disorders such as bipolar disorders). It is not the psychiatric disorder itself that increases the risk of completed suicide, but the combination of the psychiatric disorder and a stressor, such as the death of a loved one, separation and divorce. I considered Drugs and alcohol to be in the category of psychiatric disorder which i'm associated with. However, those who go on to commit suicide rarely have "pure" depression, but usually depression that is comorbid with alcohol or drug. The suicide risk among alcoholics and junkies like me is similar to that in patients with mood disorders, but alcoholics and junkies tend to commit suicide late in the course of alcoholism or their drug abuse and are frequently depressed at the time of death abuse. I'm doing good now and i'd like to think that the music was a factor for my rehabilitation. I've read some post by WARCHILD, you're too fucking smart to fucking leave the world or even for having suicidal ideation or any plans for furtherance. I'd rather see you swimm with the sharks than to see you bleed on paper but what the fuck do i know right.

Love.

K.

Edited by laval

I think this is what everyone on this forum has in common. No one would bother to come here

if gnr didn't mean something more to them than a bunch of fun songs. Music is definately one of the greatest

healers of the soul and for me gnr and especially axl's music have really helped. His music has taught me, comforted me, entertained me, and healed me so much over time. I hope he realizes how many people he has helped. But maybe he doesn't care and just makes music for himself. Regardless, Axl's and gnr's music have had such great impact on so many people, whatever the reasons might be....

:):)

end it..........

W.

SYD

those were nice words...you inspered me to write a nice song :)

I think this is what everyone on this forum has in common. No one would bother to come here

if gnr didn't mean something more to them than a bunch of fun songs. Music is definately one of the greatest

healers of the soul and for me gnr and especially axl's music have really helped. His music has taught me, comforted me, entertained me, and healed me so much over time. I hope he realizes how many people he has helped. But maybe he doesn't care and just makes music for himself. Regardless, Axl's and gnr's music have had such great impact on so many people, whatever the reasons might be....

i agree with you. Thing with GNR is that a lot of people seems to to refer to AFD as a "party album.I've never been quite sure what to make of these claims,Do they really have any substance to them? Or are they just a mindless collection of so-called "fun" songs?The thing is, it isn't a party album. Instead it's a soundtrack to a party. A highly engaging helping of rock with a heavy dose of Punk influence. I never was really into the Hollywwod scene,don't get me wrong, i love some bands but I usually couldn't ever handle listening to one of them straight through. Most of them were just pussy bands and GNR just seemed to scare the crap out of everone. IT was really The sex pistols meets The stones. I hate to continue raving about this CD, so I will be brief with my explanation of why the rest of the CD continues the streak of kicking ass. Then we have the illusions and they were great.The time had come for an overall quality release,it’s a fascinating release, it was a logic step for AXL, you could obviously tell that AXL was the mastermind in everything GNR attempt. Even though many saw MY WORLD as a joke or a basic mediocre song, i saw it more as 'I promise to go more in depth later' something was going on and it's no surprise when you see everything that took place until now.Most of the lyrics in the illusions delve into the damaged psyche of those looking for love. I expect CD to be more about acceptance and hidden hope. I'm off topic here, but i'm trying to say is that AXL is right in everything is trying to do, and it must be fucking hard to restructure someting that was and making it relevant by not compromising your artistic standart and integrity. It's sad to see Slash, such a talented artists go this route.VR album is meant to deliver thougtless fun, it's not meant to break new barriers in music as opposed to Chinese Democracy. I've always considered Radiohead being the greteast rock n'roll band,cause they have manipulated their hook over and manage to evolve musically which Axl will do eventually.

To truly be a GNR diehard has nothing to do with the music it has to do with your life experiences. A GNR die hard has gone thru some kind of shit in there life that only Axl can express properly and sincenobody in music has been more real than Axl we attach ourselves. Who here can say that Axl has not changed there lives? So as i said we all have somekind of emotional baggage and it is truly enduring that a man that was once king of the world still cant cope with life any "better" than we can . Shit if Axl takes 15 years to make an album maybe there is hope that we heal ouselves too? Comments anybody?

You'll become a legend on this forum ;)

[quote name='warchild' date='Apr 17 2006, 03:45 PM' post='1233564'

Kudos, friend.....

W.

My feeling is that in most cases, there are other alternatives that need to be fully explored before choosing the cowards way out, but hey, what do i know i'm not bi-polar 1 aka manic depressive, but i'll just like to share my experience.I've been hooked on smack for years and finally, with the helped of methadone (6mg as for today), i've been able to relieve my chronic pain even though the pain never goes away.I feel that a lot of people who have degenerative illnesses are fragile and are exposed to other significant risk factors for suicide. Their pain has not been appropriately dealt with or their depression has not been appropriately dealt with. The risk for suicide in patients with mood disorders (major depressive disorders and bipolar disorders) are very frequent, i've been in therapy since i'm 15 years old, i'm 25 today, but i can tell you that i know a large groups that are associated with psychiatric disorders such as bipolar disorders). It is not the psychiatric disorder itself that increases the risk of completed suicide, but the combination of the psychiatric disorder and a stressor, such as the death of a loved one, separation and divorce. I considered Drugs and alcohol to be in the category of psychiatric disorder which i'm associated with. However, those who go on to commit suicide rarely have "pure" depression, but usually depression that is comorbid with alcohol or drug. The suicide risk among alcoholics and junkies like me is similar to that in patients with mood disorders, but alcoholics and junkies tend to commit suicide late in the course of alcoholism or their drug abuse and are frequently depressed at the time of death abuse. I'm doing good now and i'd like to think that the music was a factor for my rehabilitation. I've read some post by WARCHILD, you're too fucking smart to fucking leave the world or even for having suicidal ideation or any plans for furtherance. I'd rather see you swimm with the sharks than to see you bleed on paper but what the fuck do i know right.

Love.

K.

Thanx......sincerely.....

Appreciated intensely...and immensely.....

Kudos........and thanx for understanding, and not bashing.

this dude is ADDED to my happy list......!!

i agree with you. Thing with GNR is that a lot of people seems to to refer to AFD as a "party album.I've never been quite sure what to make of these claims,Do they really have any substance to them? Or are they just a mindless collection of so-called "fun" songs?The thing is, it isn't a party album. Instead it's a soundtrack to a party. A highly engaging helping of rock with a heavy dose of Punk influence. I never was really into the Hollywwod scene,don't get me wrong, i love some bands but I usually couldn't ever handle listening to one of them straight through. Most of them were just pussy bands and GNR just seemed to scare the crap out of everone. IT was really The sex pistols meets The stones. I hate to continue raving about this CD, so I will be brief with my explanation of why the rest of the CD continues the streak of kicking ass. Then we have the illusions and they were great.The time had come for an overall quality release,it’s a fascinating release, it was a logic step for AXL, you could obviously tell that AXL was the mastermind in everything GNR attempt. Even though many saw MY WORLD as a joke or a basic mediocre song, i saw it more as 'I promise to go more in depth later' something was going on and it's no surprise when you see everything that took place until now.Most of the lyrics in the illusions delve into the damaged psyche of those looking for love. I expect CD to be more about acceptance and hidden hope. I'm off topic here, but i'm trying to say is that AXL is right in everything is trying to do, and it must be fucking hard to restructure someting that was and making it relevant by not compromising your artistic standart and integrity. It's sad to see Slash, such a talented artists go this route.VR album is meant to deliver thougtless fun, it's not meant to break new barriers in music as opposed to Chinese Democracy. I've always considered Radiohead being the greteast rock n'roll band,cause they have manipulated their hook over and manage to evolve musically which Axl will do eventually.

Well said :)

GNR has a huge past and a huge legacy in rock´n´roll and Axl has the guts to carry on with this difficult task. It would have been easier to go on as a solo singer but he had the guts to stay and assume that responsibility.He´s been in GNR since the beginning and will be untill the end. Evolution is a risk but if you have the talent and the guts nothing can´t stop you.

Well said :)

GNR has a huge past and a huge legacy in rock´n´roll and Axl has the guts to carry on with this difficult task. It would have been easier to go on as a solo singer but he had the guts to stay and assume that responsibility.He´s been in GNR since the beginning and will be untill the end. Evolution is a risk but if you have the talent and the guts nothing can´t stop you.

..very good aspect...

..really...:::::::::::::

end it..........

W.

SYD

A light that burns intensely can burn out........

tho ONLY reason I am still around is because of the music......god knows I have wanted to and tried to end it

before........

and bright lights attract moths......some are drawn to the light, and SOME have bashed thier little Moth-Brains

into a mushy Lobotomy.....we know who they are............

Andy Warhold said..."everyone has 15 miunutes of Fame"

got some glory seeker psycho trophy grabbers around the territory.......

when I become miserable enough, I hope to have the guts to do what Hunter S. Thompson did.......

until then, maybe I'll have a series of small explosions (implosions?) that will keep me interested enough to

stick around.........

Can music heal wounds of a troubled soul?

Bass and treble cover open crevices of pain and darkness???

Yes..........!!

WC

i've throught about ending it all, life kicking you until you bleed, but everyday brings a new chance to pull your self off the floor! takes real character to fight past it!, you have to understand why you are in that situation before you can help your self!, you save yourself!............ people that kill themselfs jut don't get it!.

interesting, thats because your situation attacts wave riding moths :P, it would attact bad eggs, before you know it....... people ain't there for you, the x factor gone! my brothers gone ! why didn't i see this situation.

people over look the important things you need to see in people......guess it's hard to see in the american culture of image! a fake front!, it's all bullshit in the end.............. i avoid bad apples at all cost!, who wants self destruction? whats that going to prove?.......that your a dip shit who doesn't get it?.

i hope that comes across in the way i meant!, it's hard to explain what i'm trying to say!.

peace out.

Baggage...how true.

I don't think baggage can be attributed to age. I think you can be severely fucked up at age 10--it's all about the depth of feeling that you have for yourself and the world around you.

I envy the people who are detached from the world and don't let stuff bother them.

But at the same time I can't, because I think by being detached, while you miss out on the bad times, you can never hit the highest peaks life can offer you.

Seems like a double edged sword.

Thoughts?

Like Bob Dylan said "Happy? What's the use in that."

or as Cosmo Kramer said "Here's to feelin' good, all the time."

Or as Bill Hicks once said ...."We're just a virus with shoes."

Or as Slash's T-shirt read "Shut Up Bitch".

I had a horrible thought. What if you killed yourself and there was nothing wrong with you?

I think a lot of self-destruction is macho frustration. A lot of it is stupidity. Just idiot guys with no personality or ideas can't think what to do. So they just drink a lot and try to get people to think they are a badass or have some weird mystical mental disorder. When really they are just uninteresting dumbasses...but that's enough about me, what about you?

off topic. everyone wants to live in brisbane, i just have to convince Axl though, but he will come through eventualy. yea Axl definitly has his emotional songs of all types, happy, sad, pissed off etc. they are good to listen to depending on what kinda mood u are in.

yeah a song for every season :P, brisbane is the place to be !..........or gold coast!.........(so many hotties there) :P

and yeah when they tour down here, we can hit the town..... get him drunk............show him a good time! :xmasssanta:.

yea sure just let me a get a fake ID card only 16..... or i could be the designated driver lol

To truly be a GNR diehard has nothing to do with the music it has to do with your life experiences. A GNR die hard has gone thru some kind of shit in there life that only Axl can express properly and sincenobody in music has been more real than Axl we attach ourselves. Who here can say that Axl has not changed there lives? So as i said we all have somekind of emotional baggage and it is truly enduring that a man that was once king of the world still cant cope with life any "better" than we can . Shit if Axl takes 15 years to make an album maybe there is hope that we heal ouselves too? Comments anybody?

Good god, you sound just like him.

And, I don't know if you ever picked up on this, but he is batshit crazy.