How easy is it?

Appetite For Waiting

The decline of ( c)rap music and the resurgence of rock music must be distressing to non-guitar bands.

i hate to tell you that ©rap music is not looking like its on its way out anytime soon....there's far to much $$$$ at stake for it to just simply fade away....

however, a simple and smooth transition could happen....like the VR/Pharell colab....swinging the odds into instrumental bands' favour....

but that's all...

Or an Axl/Eminem colab.? Worked for Dido.:)

Remember in ten years Eminem fans will be in the same situation as we are now.:confused: :devil:

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To the author of this thread, did you never hear of Aerosmith and the comeback album PUMP?

Try doing your homework - the comeback album was PERMANENT VACATION!

I'm just worried that a hell of a lot of people on these forums honestly believe that Chinese Democracy is going to be some great event that will redefine not only rock n' roll, but music itself. I'm afraid that a lot of people are letting themselves in for a giant disappointment.

Totally agree. Every band peaks and Guns are no exception. The album will at best be good NOT great. The 'band' will at best be 'still popular' but NOT massive. Their place in rock history is already written, this next chapter is a mere footnote. :book:

Edited by Rattlesnake Suitcase

The decline of ( c)rap music and the resurgence of rock music must be distressing to non-guitar bands.

i hate to tell you that ©rap music is not looking like its on its way out anytime soon....there's far to much $$$$ at stake for it to just simply fade away....

however, a simple and smooth transition could happen....like the VR/Pharell colab....swinging the odds into instrumental bands' favour....

but that's all...

True, but it takes a rock-band to rule the world. No rap artist can ever do so.

The reason that there is no world-conquering rock band out there at the moment is simple - a dearth of talent. If a fresh, talented twenty-something rock band came out, divorced from emo and hip-hop influence, then they could rule the world just as easily as GNR did in the 80s. There just are none about at the moment. The best we've got is Green Day - "look at me, I'm an American emo", "I left high school fifteen years ago and still haven't got over all the "emotional turmoil" I suffered there", "I decorate my songs with mawkish videos of doomed lovers in corn fields", "get me a shrink I'm too much of a Yankee pussy to deal with my own trifling problems", "I pretend to be punk but really am just representing the political status quo of toleration for minorities".

right...

ok, the Axl Rose / GNR comeback will not be a failure...because its Axl Rose...and not anyone else...

there's your answer...

you're just bored...with nothing to do...and can't wait for the first show...where everything will be revealed...

patience...as he said...you will be rewarded...

BADA BING..........Mr. Cuervo SCORES

I am so going to enjoy these prophets of doom being knocked on their collective asses .........

and choking on their latent vomit..........

WHY COME TO A PLACE LIKE THIS WHEN YOU HATE GNR...........?

I am going to enjoy this way the hell too much!!!!!!

that damned warchild should shut his fucking mouth and die..........

SYD Barrett

right...

ok, the Axl Rose / GNR comeback will not be a failure...because its Axl Rose...and not anyone else...

there's your answer...

you're just bored...with nothing to do...and can't wait for the first show...where everything will be revealed...

BADA BING..........Mr. Cuervo SCORES

I am so going to enjoy these prophets of doom being knocked on their collective asses .........

and choking on their latent vomit..........

WHY COME TO A PLACE LIKE THIS WHEN YOU HATE GNR...........?

I am going to enjoy this way the hell too much!!!!!!

that damned warchild should shut his fucking mouth and die..........

SYD Barrett

you changed your sig warchild. :o i noticed your posts by your get in the ring sig

Here's whats gonna happen on may 15th. Guns take the stage (late probably) axl looks great, the band looks great, everyone sounds great, alx sound slike he did in house of blues 2001. Mid way they annouce single coming out and/or possibly info on either US tour of album. The show is filmed professially by them and they use it for the first single intertwined with other shit in the video. All comebacks are not doomed to fail. True that lightning doesnt strike in the same place twice but it could strike a few inches away. Peace.

right...

there's your answer...

OK, let me get this straight. The comeback will not be a failure only because of Axl Rose?

The same Axl Rose that ruined tours in 1991, 1992, and 2002? The same Axl Rose that has spent 13 years working on an album after pushing/forcing at least 7 musicians out of his band and still hasn't completed it? The same Axl Rose that played the VMA's with his new band to show he was back only to proceed to suck (fail) on his first attempt at a big comeback? The same Axl Rose that shares no updates with all his fans? The same Axl Rose that doesn't communicate with even his current band members? I can see your logic. :rofl-lol:

I don't have any idea why you would so blindly follow someone who doesn't even seem to know where he is going. Hoping he will not fail is one thing, but to believe he won't and base that belief only on the fact that he is the same Axl Rose that has failed and disappointed repeatedly is...well, not too bright.

I agree.

People around here get all pissed off if you have even a hint of doubt. Which is a joke, because there is enough cause for a mountain of it.

Hey, I hope Axl succeeds like gangbusters. But spare me how this is some sure thing.

right...

there's your answer...

OK, let me get this straight. The comeback will not be a failure only because of Axl Rose?

The same Axl Rose that ruined tours in 1991, 1992, and 2002? The same Axl Rose that has spent 13 years working on an album after pushing/forcing at least 7 musicians out of his band and still hasn't completed it? The same Axl Rose that played the VMA's with his new band to show he was back only to proceed to suck (fail) on his first attempt at a big comeback? The same Axl Rose that shares no updates with all his fans? The same Axl Rose that doesn't communicate with even his current band members? I can see your logic. :rofl-lol:

I don't have any idea why you would so blindly follow someone who doesn't even seem to know where he is going. Hoping he will not fail is one thing, but to believe he won't and base that belief only on the fact that he is the same Axl Rose that has failed and disappointed repeatedly is...well, not too bright.

Superbly put! rock3

Even the likes of Moby, Dave Navarro and Zakk Wylde have said in Rolling Stome magazine that having worked on or been involved with this fiasco over the past 13 years that Axl has had no clear focus or direction, yet idiots like Axls_Disiilusion, Warchild and the like still follow along like a lil herd of sheep believing that everything is peachy and this is the second coming of Christ! :rofl-lol:

right...

there's your answer...

Superbly put! rock3

Even the likes of Moby, Dave Navarro and Zakk Wylde have said in Rolling Stome magazine that having worked on or been involved with this fiasco over the past 13 years that Axl has had no clear focus or direction, yet idiots like Axls_Disiilusion, Warchild and the like still follow along like a lil herd of sheep believing that everything is peachy and this is the second coming of Christ! :rofl-lol:

just because someone doesn't act like YOU see fit is no reason to condemn them........and when you single

ME out and label me an Idiot because my thoughts don't line up with yours it shows me how narrow minded

you are.........it took the Eagles 14 years to release a followup Album, so this isn't unprecidented.....

and I am going to sadistically enjoy watching you choke on your words.

and it IS against forum rules to bash the band....sooooo oh-oh....itchy trigger finger....REPORTED!

have a real nice day....mmmmkay?

just because someone doesn't act like YOU see fit is no reason to condemn them........and when you single

ME out and label me an Idiot because my thoughts don't line up with yours it shows me how narrow minded

you are.........it took the Eagles 14 years to release a followup Album, so this isn't unprecidented.....

and it IS against forum rules to bash the band....sooooo oh-oh....itchy trigger finger....REPORTED!

I don't think I singled you out, or ripped the band, so I hope this isn't directed at me. Anyway, I don't understand the blind support of Axl, but I also don't understand why people blindly follow churches either, so maybe I'm just not a believer of anything that I can't find factual evidence for.

I respect everyone's right to believe how they wish, I wish that everyone would respect mine. I don't agree with a lot of what is said here and I will speak my mind, but I don't think I attack anyone personally and I try very hard to back up my thoughts with facts. Sometimes the "facts" aren't always clear or can be interpreted different ways...as long as that is done in fun, I have no problem with people going back and forth...I am disappointed when things start getting personal.

As for the new tour, I hope things are different, but I have no reason to believe it will be. I still love GnR (even though I wish he'd drop the name) and will buy the album if it ever comes out. Don't confuse my pessimism with not hoping for success. I heard my first download of the new music (Better) and it shows a lot of promise. I want this to happen...I just don't like the odds of it succeeding long term.

Can't we all just get along??? :unsure:

Edited by hartjh14

Another sicko shares your belief...

Fellow sickos are ALWAYS appreciated.........

and....I'm working on getting the blades real sharp for you, we need more A's

any suggestions??? need more formaldehyde......and Duct Tape.

It is gonna give me such a warm fuzzy feeling when these doubters and haters are knocked on their asses!

god i love that avatar!!!!

It is gonna give me such a warm fuzzy feeling when these doubters and haters are knocked on their asses!

Erm... I think I need a wheelbarrow.

52009085.jpg

Superbly put!

Even the likes of Moby, Dave Navarro and Zakk Wylde have said in Rolling Stome magazine that having worked on or been involved with this fiasco over the past 13 years that Axl has had no clear focus or direction, yet idiots like Axls_Disiilusion, Warchild and the like still follow along like a lil herd of sheep believing that everything is peachy and this is the second coming of Christ!

I see the name warchild here being referred to as an idiot.........

"yet idiots like Axls_Disiilusion, Warchild and the like still follow along like a lil herd of sheep "

Nope, I'm not hallucinating......it is there....by name!

I am far from an Idiot and i am not into organized religion either.......

Why come here if you just want to Bash?

Success IS the greatest revenge!!!!!!!

Nice Post

Agreed, in every way. I dont believe GNR will be able to fill this vaccum again. The leaks show that Axl N' Friends are about to take the music industry a big step foward, theses songs are better than anything out there, but something is missing. Attitude and anger mainly, thats what feuled GNR back in the day. Of course, times have changed since then, but the general public thinks of Axl as a 40 year old has been rocker. If there is a huge success with Chineses Democracy, the music world would be taken by surprise, not a whole lot of people are expecting Chinese Democracy to be a hit outside of this forum.

Nice Post

Agreed, in every way. I dont believe GNR will be able to fill this vaccum again. The leaks show that Axl N' Friends are about to take the music industry a big step foward, theses songs are better than anything out there, but something is missing. Attitude and anger mainly, thats what feuled GNR back in the day. Of course, times have changed since then, but the general public thinks of Axl as a 40 year old has been rocker. If there is a huge success with Chineses Democracy, the music world would be taken by surprise, not a whole lot of people are expecting Chinese Democracy to be a hit outside of this forum.

That's there lost.

Nice Post

That's there lost.

CK yr PMs :heart: .........Ignore the haters.......they will be swallowing bile before long!!!

SUCCESS IS THE BEST REVENGE!!!!!!!!

The music industry is a whole new ballpark from what it was when GNR came out. There are many more avenues for finding new music than there used to be.....1987 there was Option 1, our local radio station...Option 2, MTV. That was pretty much it. Now with the internet you can find whatever you like...not just what you are exposed to and like the most. Sure GNR will be friggin' huge on the comeback tour, but those music fans that don't like rock still won't except maybe a song or two. I don't know about rock being 'dead' or anything like that...maybe just more diverse. Although there are a lot of young bands out there on MTV, there are a lot of other good bands out there like Pearl Jam and the Red Hot Chilli Peppers who are putting out music in just the next montha alone, so it isn't like everyone is complaining about not having any good music on their plate...and it isn't like all rock out there is 'packaged rock', just some of it. Sure, nothing fulfills the GNF Fix, like new GNR, but it is kind of like the 'Hootie and the Blowfish' syndrome. The first time everyone heard them, they loved them for the new sound and they sold like 12 million copies. The next album was them again, but their sound was already out there with people and not so many people bought it since they had already gotten their 'fix' for their sound.

In regards to the tour, Axl is with a lot of older established musicians, and I don't think they are going to let him try to start concerts 2 hours late every night, or on his own timeframe. They are there to rock, and when all 5 or 15 of them are there waiting to do it, they aren't going to appreciate someone continuously holding them up....but who knows. People change and no one knows Axl since he never says or does much...everyone just speculates until they have an idea of him they like in their own mind and then run with it so they can be happy.

Sweet dreams, I'm out.

52009085.jpg

IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS???????

sending knives IMMEDIATELY...ASAP....STAT......and my entire supply of Formaldehyde..........

Hey If Jim Morrison can wear a suit of unborn ponyskin......you think...maybe.........there's a chance???

ANOTHER HATER BITES THE DUST!!!!!

and another one down, another one down another one bites the dust!.....Queen

52009085.jpg

IS THAT WHO I THINK IT IS???????

sending knives IMMEDIATELY...ASAP....STAT......and my entire supply of Formaldehyde..........

Hey If Jim Morrison can wear a suit of unborn ponyskin......you think...maybe.........there's a chance???

ANOTHER HATER BITES THE DUST!!!!!

and another one down, another one down another one bites the dust!.....Queen

Nice unibrow warchild