Classic Rock: Unconfirmed UK Tour (With tentative dates)

Binge_And_Slash

It'd be cool if this were true, but apparently Clear Channel (the promoters) have some weird rule whereby if ou play download you can't do your own headline tour.

Plus these dates are far too near to sell well with zero promo, zero releases etc.

Would be cool though.

Not true.

Tool are on tour

Coheed and Cambria are on tour.

I think you'll find 75% of the bands at download will be on tour in June time.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Knowing Classic Rock, it's most probably shit.

I guess you don't know Classic Rock then. It's quite a reputable magazine and pretty well respected. Plus, there would almost definetly be some kind of backlash for them to print an unsubstantiated rumour. It doesn't matter if they labeled it a rumour and to be unconfirmed, they printed it and many people will believe it.

Me for example. :)

I guess you don't know Classic Rock then. It's quite a reputable magazine and pretty well respected. Plus, there would almost definetly be some kind of backlash for them to print an unsubstantiated rumour. It doesn't matter if they labeled it a rumour and to be unconfirmed, they printed it and many people will believe it.

They're biased, poorly researched, and handing out the same crap month in month out. I mean who cares who could've been the next Lita Ford?

They're biased, poorly researched, and handing out the same crap month in month out. I mean who cares who could've been the next Lita Ford?

I agree they are very biased but all magazines take sides to a certain degree. I don't think they are poorly researched though. A while back they published a story on Chinese Democracy and it was damn informative. However I wasn't planning to buy the next issue because it was covered by Genesis. No offence to you, it's just ironic, but I don't like Genesis. I can't believe someone allowed Phil Collins to exist in the music world... bring back Gabriel!

Cool news could hold some water as mentioned before classic rock is a reputable magazine and in 2001 and 2002 they were the first ones to mention the dates as with everything else that is GNR at the moment we will just have to wait and see! rock3

And I'll get my friend to drive to Sheffield. Sheffield's near London, right?

I hope you're not serious, Sheffield is at the opposite end of the bloody country. XD

Yer, I live in Sheffield. Would be quite awesome if GN'R played here really, even if I couldn't afford a ticket I could probably watch the show from the top of the hill on which I live, that's if they play in the outside venue as opposed to indoors. I remember my whole street being out to listen to a Micheal Jackson concert YEARS ago and you could hear the music and watch it all on a screen. So yes, it would be pretty damn cool if 'Guns' played a few more dates in the UK. Let's hope. :D

I think you know fuck all. The team that work on Classic Rock are fantastic journalists and when you compare it to other music press, it's pretty damn good on factual stuff. You can never expect all of the editorial staff to know everything about every band, but they are fuckin good.

Guest cherry_bomb

I think you know fuck all. The team that work on Classic Rock are fantastic journalists and when you compare it to other music press, it's pretty damn good on factual stuff. You can never expect all of the editorial staff to know everything about every band, but they are fuckin good.

you tell it how it is :heart:

you tell it how it is :heart:

You know it baby!

It'd be cool if this were true, but apparently Clear Channel (the promoters) have some weird rule whereby if ou play download you can't do your own headline tour.

Plus these dates are far too near to sell well with zero promo, zero releases etc.

Would be cool though.

Not true.

Tool are on tour

Coheed and Cambria are on tour.

I think you'll find 75% of the bands at download will be on tour in June time.

Good point, and I'm going to both nights of Tool in London as well! Although I'm not sure it counts as a tour really as it's just two dates, in the same place. But hey, I'm all for being wrong here!

Is Wembly actually open at the moment though? I've not heard of any gigs at the arena in months now?