Classic Rock: Unconfirmed UK Tour (With tentative dates)

Binge_And_Slash

Yeah and Elton John is playing there. Still not the right market.

How is it when you post a reply with multiple points of why the original topic is bollocks people just hone in on the one point that could be argued and argue with it? Nevermind the fact that "Bournemouth Arena" has an act booked for the supposed gnr date, lets argue with the fact that bournemouth doesn't get big names, which isn't even what I said!

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

THIS JUST IN

"At the time of going to press it was rumoured that Guns N' Roses will play a UK tour with dates at the following (unconfirmed) venues: Manchester Arena July 18, Sheffield Arena July 19, Glasgow SECC July 21, Newcastle Arena July 22, Birmingham NEC July 24, Nottingham Arena July 25, Cardiff Arena July 27, Bournemouth Arena July 28, Wembley Arena July 30. All dates currently unconfirmed - please check with each venue's box office"

Ho! :shocked:

GLASGOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hell yes! rock3

I'll try and not get too excited at the minute, but there are 8 dates there and I would certainly go to 6 without question(Cardiff maybe - and Bournmouth a definate NO), I could tie in SECC, Glasgow with a fornightly trip to Livingston/Stirling.

UK SUBS.

SUBS my friend if GN'R are in Glasgow I must have the honour of buying you a beer (you can pay). :D

Also I'm planning to go to University in Stirling... Ain't it a small... country. ;)

If this is true I'd gladly drive to all of 'em...... rock2

Well, maybe not. But certainly Glasgow, Manchester and Newcastle.

(UK SUBS - if this tour happens, I hate to think what will happen to your 'live tally'...... :laugh: )

LA

I'll try and not get too excited at the minute, but there are 8 dates there and I would certainly go to 6 without question(Cardiff maybe - and Bournmouth a definate NO), I could tie in SECC, Glasgow with a fornightly trip to Livingston/Stirling, I'm in sheffield area every week(and therefore Nottingham is only another hour away), Newcastle is 40 minutes from my house in the car, and I'm in Manchester every other week :D

I make that 7 currently(Dublin 2006) thats 8(maybe Holland) 9, plus 6 = 15 GNR shows. Now THAT would be cool :xmasssanta: B)

...watch, this will be bullshit

UK SUBS.

Well done in the UEFA mate and good luck for the final!

Thank you, thank you ;)

Yep! Hopefully the Boro achieve what the mighty Celtic couldn't a few years ago. Man I was hurt that night........

LA

Bournemouth!? Why the hell would they play Bournemouth? Nobody plays Bournemouth, I saw the Stereophonics there and it wasn't sold out. Other "big names" to play there recently are sugababes and girls aloud. Oh yeah, thats the market to hit! Plus, I don't mean to be picky but "Bournemouth Arena" doesn't exist, its Bournemouth International Centre and on July 28th they have a show called Spirit of the Dance which I can't see being a code name for Guns N' Roses.

So even if some of this story is right, some of it is bollocks which kind of puts a dampener on the story as a whole don't you think?

I'm seeing Bob Dylan in Bournemouth in June. Names in music don't get much bigger than that

Just to confirm that Spirit of the Dance is being held in the Pavillion Theatre in Bournemouth were rock gigs are never held. The Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) is across the road and has hosted gigs by oasis, prodigy, blur etc etc

Bournemouth!? Why the hell would they play Bournemouth? Nobody plays Bournemouth, I saw the Stereophonics there and it wasn't sold out. Other "big names" to play there recently are sugababes and girls aloud. Oh yeah, thats the market to hit! Plus, I don't mean to be picky but "Bournemouth Arena" doesn't exist, its Bournemouth International Centre and on July 28th they have a show called Spirit of the Dance which I can't see being a code name for Guns N' Roses.

So even if some of this story is right, some of it is bollocks which kind of puts a dampener on the story as a whole don't you think?

I'm seeing Bob Dylan in Bournemouth in June. Names in music don't get much bigger than that

Just to confirm that Spirit of the Dance is being held in the Pavillion Theatre in Bournemouth were rock gigs are never held. The Bournemouth International Centre (BIC) is across the road and has hosted gigs by oasis, prodigy, blur etc etc

Ok I am past caring now because nobody is listening to me the voice of reason because you all want to believe its true and are setting yourself up for disappointment.

Yes oasis played in bournemouth, before morning glory came out!

Blur? Come on, are they even nearly in the same league as GnR?

I guess you live nearby, can you see anyone really big in our genre of music playing the bic? Would metallica, iron maiden, even korn, slipknot? And they are bands that are forever touring!

Add to this the fact that download has been billing themselves as GnR's only UK show this summer (which I guess they could get into serious trouble if thats a blatant lie to sell tickets at £135 a pop) I still think this is bollocks.

^^Yes you are making sense but Download are clearly doing that because no other shows have been booked yet. It's an attempt to sell tickets and for their festival to be the elite. How many British ones can say they have Guns N' Roses & Metallica playing for them.

Classic Rock is a reptuable magazine as far as I'm concerned, they would definetly not print something made up. They have always been skeptical about the release of 'Chinese Democracy'. I think these dates are quite possible, it makes sense to round up a Europian tour in the music hotspot - the UK. Glasgow SECC has a capacity of 12,500 which I think they would definetly sell out. In 2001 when a show was announced there it sold out very quickly... but then it was cancelled.

It's better to have false hope than to have never had hope at all. I believe. :)