If it IS the original lineup at the NYC gigs?

Carne_asaDA

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna lay it out real simple for you. This is Guns N' Roses. Get the hell over it.

Fullband02.jpg

Note the question mark :P (Where Slash fills in? lol)

Yeah this is Guns N' Roses!!..and theres not going to be a 3rd guitarist, Finck and Fortus are fine IMO! rock3

but man, he'd have a kick ass band.

more like, used to be a kick ass band! they bored the crap out of me last year in Detroit!

They got nothing on this new line up!

Bring on the new band, new music...... rock2 and let me rock with "Better" rock3

Oh please....

If the original lineup showed up at Hammerstein, every diehard Gunner's heart would skip a beat and the atmosphere would be totally euphoric. And anybody who claims this wouldn't be the case just isn't being honest. It's the original GNR's music and lineup that made everybody GNR fans and brought everybody to this site. So, to pretend you'd be disappointed to see the original lineup play one more time is ridiculous.

This isn't to say we aren't looking forward to seeing the new band play. We are. But until we see and hear music created by the new band, it's impossible to assess the band's chemistry and collaborative skills - let alone compare them with the original lineup's.

Good Post

Edited by sweetness

I wouldn't feel cheated, I love the original lineup as much as you do.

But right now, I'm much more intersted in the here and now, and this band IMO has better chemistry and I think they deserve it. They've been working at this for far to long to just throw away Chinese Democracy. I would much rather have the new band. Plus, axl ain't gonna fuck over these guys who have been his loyal bandmembers.

sorry...but you said...MUCH MORE CHEMISTRY?!!!!!!

quick question, are u stupid or u are just pretending?

Here's a hypothetical question.

Would you feel cheated, if you go to the NY shows, and it IS the original band?? Honestly.

just wondering why people still think it's gonna be the old band playing in NY? :rofl-lol:

Tommy Stinson doing radio spots with Paul Westerberg on May 4th to promote the Replacement's new projects.

Well define original lineup for me. SLash and Axl or Traci and Axl?

Original Line-up: Axl,Slash,Izzy,Duff and Steven.

Whoever or whatever was before this didnt record or do more than 3 or 4 club gigs the most, so they arent GNR brutha! They just helped pave the way for GNR.

Don't give me that Traci Gunns crap. NOBODY gave a flying fuck about Traci Gunns or Hollywood Rose back during Pre-appetite era.

so true,

i really dont care who it is, if they are good. they could get some no name guy and I wouldnt care. just as long as he fits the part and his great at guitar.

Oh please....

If the original lineup showed up at Hammerstein, every diehard Gunner's heart would skip a beat and the atmosphere would be totally euphoric. And anybody who claims this wouldn't be the case just isn't being honest. It's the original GNR's music and lineup that made everybody GNR fans and brought everybody to this site. So, to pretend you'd be disappointed to see the original lineup play one more time is ridiculous.

This isn't to say we aren't looking forward to seeing the new band play. We are. But until we see and hear music created by the new band, it's impossible to assess the band's chemistry and collaborative skills - let alone compare them with the original lineup's.

Great post. I agree 100%.

Edited by hartjh14

Would you feel cheated, if you go to the NY shows, and it IS the original band?? Honestly.

Honestly?...I'd be happier than a pig in shit!

i would, it would be a crap unreheartsed version of a uyi setlist with a few tsi songs in

no new material

it'd be like selling out

honestly, old gnr songs have 20 or more versions of civil war through bootlegs

but only leak of better?

and then a reunion says that there will be no new material?

no way,wouldn't like the idea,

thats like ozzy making his band in 81 only now, then releasing crazy train, mr. crowley and flying high again as demos as completed as we have now, then saying "fuck it" and going back to sabbath to do more technical ecstacy, NEVER RELEASING DIARY OR BLIZZARD

it'd be like knocking down the berlin wall, then saying "fuck it" and rebuilding it halfway through

it'd be like clapton releasing wheels of rire and white room for radio play, then saying "fuck it" and going back to the yardbirds

it'd be like jimmy page releasing 3 led zepeling songs and saying "fuck it" and going back to reform the yardbirds

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mr.b @ May 1 2006, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I would be disgusted and extreamly pissed. All my respect for Axl would disappear casue he gave in to pressure and didnt do what he believed in...

Oh please....

on the ball

your dead right

Madison's exactly right. You can't even describe the type of electricity that would run through the crowd if GNR was introduced at the first gig and the original band came out playing. It would be fuckin' surreal, jaw dropping amazement followed by euphoria. Just imagine if it really happened and you were there.

And that has nothing to do with the new band, 2 separate entities in most minds despite the sharing of name...

Edited by Turn_It_Up