They are filming a DVD?

Air_Carter

Some dude from another board said that they are gonna make a hammerstein ballroom performance dvd.

Anyways here the exact text i found on the other board

" Darknemus gives us an update

Quote:

ok here's an update

sorry for the delay trying to save battery

we are inside mezz1, guns prob 15 mins from going on

in th line we asked the guy filming what he was filming for..his reply was 'the band'

so inside c0ma spoke to him again and he said he is filming for a dvd!

also we saw him interviewing audience members with the same camera "

if so they must be filming each show and choosing the best performance to make that dvd. My brother went to today's and said he saw the camera's. Anways i hope is true.... (i will be on wednesday so i hope i steal some camera time hehehehe )

Edited by Air_Carter

if they are doing a dvd of the best of the performances from all 4 nights...it'd make sense why axl wore the same outfit...but then again, musicians do that alot so it could just be coincidence

We still have to know if the other guys were dressed the same as Friday.

Didn't they film all the shows in 2002 too?

Probably. They also recorded the shows in 1991, 1992 and 1993...

Edited by Alan Niveen

a dvd would tie us over for a while lol

hell yes.

on the down side, they planned on doing this for the vegas warmup gigs, and 5 years later nothing :(

Very true. But I think this time is for real. No bullshitting around a tour. CD in fall then dvd next year.

I'd like to see it happen, I'd prefer to see just one night though, rather than a mixture of the 4 gig's, it'd just be annoying, it usually is when bands do that.

Wasn't the Vegas show supposed to be put out on DVD too?

when i was outside the line today the camera guys were all over me videotaping me,

i asked " Is this for a DVD?"

and he said yes and asked if i could say in the camera that i gu=ive permission to use the fotage of me in the

"Guns N' Roses Chinese Democracy DVD"

he also said that it wont be out for about a year - IFINGLOVEVR at HTGTH

looks like it's definately happening!!! :P

if so they must be filming each show and choosing the best performance to make that dvd. My brother went to today's and said he saw the camera's. Anways i hope is true.... (i will be on wednesday so i hope i steal some camera time hehehehe )

If they're indeed filming for an dvd my guess is that they don't just choose one show but take parts from all of the Hammerstein shows. To make the best DVD. That's common to do nowadays and if the editor knows what he or she is doing then it's likely not easy to tell which song is from which show.

That's common to do nowadays and if the editor knows what he or she is doing then it's likely not easy to tell which song is from which show.

If they all dressed as Friday.

as far as I can tell from the pictures of yesterdays show they actually did.