Would Slash be allowed to the Hammerstein shows?

Budweiser

As we can all remember - He was probably the only person on the DO NOT enter list during the Vegas shows a few years back... Do you think he would be welcome this time around?

Well, if he did -- it would appear that two months later he would deny being there and have no recollection of it.

I hope you are a Yoga master, because you are stretching and reaching pretty hard.

:rofl-lol: that was crazy good.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we can all remember - He was probably the only person on the DO NOT enter list during the Vegas shows a few years back... Do you think he would be welcome this time around?

Well, if he did -- it would appear that two months later he would deny being there and have no recollection of it.

:lol:

Who gives a shit anyways?

Why would he want to go listen to a bunch of vastly inferior musicians comparatively butcher the great riffs and solo's he lovingly created?

so true..........

Didn't you goto one of the shows? I don't recall seeing a review...unless I didn't catch it...just wondering my lady

And yet the whole "We don't like this line up,but we still post here" bullshit continues. This forum is fucking bullshit.

ha dude, Serenity Now...Bad Apples sir :) you'll see

I just can't believe that there has been two live shows where GN'R tore shit up,and people still fucking complain. Some of these people even went to the shows,but they don't like the band? It's unreal.

Let me edit this: They don't have to like the band. I worded that wrong. I meant why go to the shows it you knew you didn't like the line up.

Edited by F*ck Fear

And yet the whole "We don't like this line up,but we still post here" bullshit continues. This forum is fucking bullshit.

ha dude, Serenity Now...Bad Apples sir :) you'll see

I just can't believe that there has been two live shows where GN'R tore shit up,and people still fucking complain. Some of these people even went to the shows,but they don't like the band? It's unreal.

Let me edit this: They don't have to like the band. I worded that wrong. I meant why go to the shows it you knew you didn't like the line up.

It is possible that maybe, just maybe, they went to see if the new band was any good. Or they just went to drool over Axl.

I think Slash doesn't want to know anything about Guns N' Roses anymore.. :(

It's sad but truth..

i dont think slash knows what he wants personally, he always seemed to just enjoy the ride and then occasionaly bitch about what he wanted then go back to fuckin around for a bit. Slash and Axl really are a partnership that when together produces their best stuff and I guess thats why everyone wants them back together.

It's sad but truth..

i dont think slash knows what he wants personally, he always seemed to just enjoy the ride and then occasionaly bitch about what he wanted then go back to fuckin around for a bit. Slash and Axl really are a partnership that when together produces their best stuff and I guess thats why everyone wants them back together.

actually it's always been clear what Slash wants. To play the guitar and have a blast going on tour.

It's sad but truth..

actually it's always been clear what Slash wants. To play the guitar and have a blast going on tour.

my interpritation was pretty close to yours then just worded differently.

It's sad but truth..

Can't agree on that. In that interview where he talked about CD being released in March he said he was curious to see where Axl wa headed. Now if he was really that curious and had the time he would wanna check the new GNR. So if it is true what you say, and he doesn't wanna know anything about GNR, then he would be bullshitting all over again. In fact, maybe he just made the remark about March release just to make GNR look bad, 'cause a lot of fans where happy at first about a possible March release and dissappointed when it didn't came. Who took the heat for that? GNR, not Slash. So if this is true, Slash is reaaly one of the most sneaky bastard celebrities that stroll the planet.

Ooh, back in the knife drawer :lol:

He would say he was there but he wasn´t there, he´d go like " yes,no, hmm yes...hell, well...no" :laugh:

And then Matt would interrupt him so that he couldn't finish his answer.

:rofl-lol:

This is absolute gold!

Can't agree on that. In that interview where he talked about CD being released in March he said he was curious to see where Axl wa headed. Now if he was really that curious and had the time he would wanna check the new GNR. So if it is true what you say, and he doesn't wanna know anything about GNR, then he would be bullshitting all over again. In fact, maybe he just made the remark about March release just to make GNR look bad, 'cause a lot of fans where happy at first about a possible March release and dissappointed when it didn't came. Who took the heat for that? GNR, not Slash. So if this is true, Slash is reaaly one of the most sneaky bastard celebrities that stroll the planet.
Slash just said what he had been told by a quite reliable source.. If you listen the interview he just repeated what he had heard so I dont think you can blame him from anything like that and stop bashing Slash he is one the people that created GN'R..

Even as I think that Axl is the only member that can't be replaced its still a fact that if you clame to be anykind of fan of GN'R (new and old) you should appreciate the awesome work Slash did back then.

Some of you people are the biggest ass kissers Ive seen.. You are bashing Slash and praising the new line up when in reality you should be praising both. Without the old GN'R, which was created by Axl, Slash, Izzy, Duff and Adler/Sorum there would be no new GN'R and could be that we wouldn't have ever heard of a guy called Axl Rose.

Just my 2 cents..

He would say he was there but he wasn´t there, he´d go like " yes,no, hmm yes...hell, well...no" :laugh:

You obviously didn't listen to the interview.

Or you have selective hearing.

You obviously didn't listen to the interview.

Or you have selective hearing.

your mother has selective hearing. and a fat ass.

no actually i agree with what you said.

yeah, he actually addresses the thing about going to Axl's house twice, once early in the show and then later when somebody calls, and the second time, he had NO interruptions from Matt.

"I'm not gonna go into the whole long thing. It was just something that he [Axl] decided he was going to… It was a lot of this stuff was built to promote the next GUNS record and the tour and all that kind of stuff, 'cause there was this blatantly fabricated thing in there that I'd gone to his house and that he and I had a conversation in which I said all this stuff about my bandmates. And it's just blatantly untrue. For one, I have not talked to the guy in any way, shape or form since 1996, so it's going on 11 years. [Laughs] So that's basically it. There's just no truth to it. And all things considered, it put lot of whatever in people's minds that I was that kind of a guy, so it's… there you have it. So it's not true."

There is absolutely no way that Slash could of made it any more clearer than this. He said it's untrue. And a lot of people are bitching because it took 2 months for him to address it. Who cares??? He didn't owe the fans an immediate explanation. The only people he owed an immediate explanation to was Scott, Duff, and Matt. And I'm sure he did behind closed doors.

To put things in perspective, there were callers saying introducing them selves as "whoever" from "mygnrforum", velvetrevolverforum, or whatever, and they ended up sounding like dumbasses becauses Slash or Matt didn't care and didn't even no who they were. You all have this retarded idea that the band members have nothing better to do and are not busy and they follow message boards on a regular basis.

Madison, did it just kill your ego, when you found out that Matt and Slash didn't even know what mygnr was??

yeah, he actually addresses the thing about going to Axl's house twice, once early in the show and then later when somebody calls, and the second time, he had NO interruptions from Matt.

Madison, did it just kill your ego, when you found out that Matt and Slash didn't even know what mygnr was??

Ha dude you're such a Nazi

There is absolutely no way that Slash could of made it any more clearer than this. He said it's untrue. And a lot of people are bitching because it took 2 months for him to address it. Who cares??? He didn't owe the fans an immediate explanation. The only people he owed an immediate explanation to was Scott, Duff, and Matt. And I'm sure he did behind closed doors. ..

Well, it took Slash - what - two months to decide that Axl's statement wasn't true and that he really wasn't there? Honestly Da - look at this objectively (which I know is difficult for you to do when Slash is involved, but give it a try anyway) - If there was no truth whatsoever to Axl's claim (which was sent out as a press statement to the world I might add) that Slash dropped by his house around 5am one October morning, then why didn't Slash come out right away and say so? Why did he wait until the day after Axl's big comeback concert to call him a liar?

Please don't even think of telling me Slash is media-shy or a "private" guy - because we all know that's not the case as he aggressively seeks out the press more than any other rocker out there. In fact, his silence over the past couple of months - which is so unlike Slash - is what fueled the story and gave credibility to Axl's words.

So, if some of us don't take Slash's denial as gospel, then it's understandable. My guess is perhaps he was hammered - afterall, it was around 5 in the morning - and maybe he doesn't remember. That's not a diss - it's just a possible explanation.

.. To put things in perspective, there were callers saying introducing them selves as "whoever" from "mygnrforum", velvetrevolverforum, or whatever, and they ended up sounding like dumbasses becauses Slash or Matt didn't care and didn't even no who they were.....

He also claimed to be surprised that Axl was doing comeback shows right now - as if he didn't know about those either. :rolleyes:

I have found this thread increasingly more childish as the pages went on. Not great reading I have to say.

On the one hand, Axl has created a new band (called Guns N Roses) that have by all accounts performed 3 great shows that are worthy of the name GNR. All the 'Slashites' as they are known round here need to deal with it. Axl is back at his best, and the new band genuinely excite me. Seeing Axl on stage again looking like the bad-ass rockstar he is is fantastic - Rock music needs Axl Rose at his best like no other.

However, the 'Axlites' (God I hate those terms..... did I say childish earlier??.......) need a reality check at times. Other than the younger members who are here for the new band alone, the vast majority of people on the board were huge fans of the old band, and Slash was a HUGE part of the GNR legacy. While the new band can play the fuck out of the old tunes, they have yet to prove themselves creatively (which I am more than sure they will by the way). Sure, Robin is doing an ace job up there on stage, but so would I given the opportunity. But I for one could in no way write a millionth of the shit Slash created on AFD and UYI. He deserves every fan of GNR's utmost respect. And then some.

Sorry for the rant, but the whole taking sides and tit-for-tatness on this forum is pretty lame at times.

LA

I've said before, Slash seeks out the press and publicity ONLY when he's playing somewhere, or when he's got an album to promote. Addressing Axl's press release doesn't fall in either category.

But hey, if we're in the business of not believing Slash, we might as well expect him to still get divorced right?

MY question is,

What was Axl's press release meant to accomplish? It was to announce Axl suing back against Slash and Duff...which it did, in the first few paragraphs. And the rest of it just turned into this vindictive, offensive, anti Slash/Duff rhetoric... For what? what did it have to do with the lawsuit? was it supposed to change public opinion on Slash? was it suppposed to get him in shit with his band, causing a breakup? was it supposed to make him into the bad guy somehow?

either way it failed.