False expectations and denial?

username

Right... Let's recap. Since about 1998 we've been here, hoping to hear from Axl. Hoping for an album. Hoping to see what the band looks like. Hoping to find out what Axl looks like. And since late 2002 we were left in the dark. Was there still a Guns n' Roses? Would we ever seen an album? Then, in 2006, we finaly hear that Guns n' Roses will perform again. We don't know the line-up, but we're excited as hell! Rumors going crazy. The line-up, the album, reunions, fights, songs, you name it! Questions, questions and more questions! We see Axl in public, we even hear him give interviews. We hear new leaked songs. Basicaly we went from knowing nothing to seeing it all happen in a matter of months. And we even hear Axl himself talk about the new band and a fall release for the album on radio. And then, on may 12th it all finaly happens. GnR performs live with their new lineup and new guitar player. They play new songs that were leaked. We finaly have our questions answered.

And then you hear this:

- This band is a coverup for a real reunion.

- Bumblefoot is a coverup for another guitar player

- This player will really be Slash.

- The new songs aren't really what we're gonna get on the album.

- The leaks were intentional and this is a coverup where they hide the "real" CD songs.

And more of that crap! We finaly got out questions answered. And as I've said for the past 4 years MANY people had wrong / false / too high expectations. Reunions, epic albums that will change music as we know it, rock being fired back to dominate the charts. You name it, and there were people expecting it! And it shows some indeed did! You finaly know and see almost everything, and somehow people still use that to fuel more rumors. The most insane stuff really! People... maybe this is just what we're going to get. Like it or not, but accept it! Stop the insanely high expectations and conspiracy theories and just try to take it for what it is! Be glad we have all this now! You see it right in front of you, and still expect more and more. It's unrealistic.

Edited by username

Right... Let's recap. Since about 1998 we've been here, hoping to hear from Axl. Hoping for an album. Hoping to see what the band looks like. Hoping to find out what Axl looks like. And since late 2002 we were left in the dark. Was there still a Guns n' Roses? Would we ever seen an album? Then, in 2006, we finaly hear that Guns n' Roses will perform again. We don't know the line-up, but we're excited as hell! Rumors going crazy. The line-up, the album, reunions, fights, songs, you name it! Questions, questions and more questions! We see Axl in public, we even hear him give interviews. We hear new leaked songs. Basicaly we went from knowing nothing to seeing it all happen in a matter of months. And we even hear Axl himself talk about the new band and a fall release for the album on radio. And then, on may 12th it all finaly happens. GnR performs live with their new lineup and new guitar player. They play new songs that were leaked. We finaly have our questions answered.

And then you hear this:

- The leaks were intentional and this is a coverup where they hide the "real" CD songs.

And more of that crap! We finaly got out questions answered. And as I've said for the past 4 years MANY people had wrong / false / too high expectations. Reunions, epic albums that will change music as we know it, rock being fired back to dominate the charts. You name it, and there were people expecting it! And it shows some indeed did! You finaly know and see almost everything, and somehow people still use that to fuel more rumors. The most insane stuff really! People... maybe this is just what we're going to get. Like it or not, but accept it! Stop the insanely high expectations and conspiracy theories and just try to take it for what it is! Be glad we have all this now!

Maybe it is Axl's fault if we now have such high expectations...???

A too long wait and that's the result, the new record has to be perfect to be accepted, after more then 10 years!!!!!!!!

And then you hear this:

And more of that crap! We finaly got out questions answered. And as I've said for the past 4 years MANY people had wrong / false / too high expectations. Reunions, epic albums that will change music as we know it, rock being fired back to dominate the charts. You name it, and there were people expecting it! And it shows some indeed did! You finaly know and see almost everything, and somehow people still use that to fuel more rumors. The most insane stuff really! People... maybe this is just what we're going to get. Like it or not, but accept it! Stop the insanely high expectations and conspiracy theories and just try to take it for what it is! Be glad we have all this now! You see it right in front of you, and still expect more and more. It's unrealistic.

WOW i must say thats a wicked post. I agree with you. Ill even admit i was hoping for some of it myself. I think our expectations were perhaps too high, but that came as a result from people saying they've heard it, its amazing etc. Im happy now that GNR are back, even if this is it.

Well for some people it's more to their nature to never be satisfied whatever the reason.. I agree with almost you said in that post and I don't know when was the last time I have been as excited and happy. I love the new songs and I love the new band but that doesn't mean that the old GN'R would be any less important than it has been.

Over everything else I love the old GN'R setup but things change and we just can't get them back..!

Edited by .Seal

You see it right in front of you, and still expect more and more. It's unrealistic.

When a band tours under a determined name, nothing could be more justified than having the real band onstage and not session musicians who are not even fans of the music they are playing.

I don't think at all it's unrealistic from the fans to ask for something that is perfectly rightful.

Edited by Alan Niveen

You see it right in front of you, and still expect more and more. It's unrealistic.

When a band tours under a determined name, nothing could be more justified than having the real band onstage and not session musicians who are not even fans of the music they are playing.

I don't think at all it's unrealistic from the fans to ask for something that is perfectly rightful.

People have to realize that Axl is a man, not god. I think the band sounds great from what I've seen and heard on bootlegs of last week's show, and the acoustic performance was indeed a smart PR move by Axl. For the first time I see this lineup as an actual band. Was I disapointed that Slash didn't show up? Of course. But I accept the fact that this is Guns N' Roses for the time being. I for one am happy that Axl is back out in the public eye, and he sounds pretty damn good.

MAYBE and I say MAYBE if Axl would have released something in these years we'd get used to have a different band, some of us could have liked it and followed it someone else not...

BUT he didn't release anything so we can only be fan of the old band or of a sort of idea... fantasy...

I'm with the old band...

There's a big difference between asking (hoping) for something and still expecting it against all reasonable odds when you have a new band performing on stage right before your eyes. If you don't see how that is insanely farfetched I would strongly consider getting a seeing eye dog.

There's been a lot of reunion rumors lately... No smoke without fire...

And Madison clearly stated some days ago that negociations are still going on...

You're a bit too resigned for your age, Username.

Edited by Alan Niveen

Great post username!

Some people will see Axl fail. That´s a fact.

And it is easier to make him lose this game if the expectations are to high, unrealistic or twisted in general.

For exampel: Some expect a reunion, and if Axl won´t make it and fullfill those expectations, he has failed.

Then we get this shit:

"It´s Axl fault that the band splitted in first place"

"Is this shit what we gets!?"(about the leaks)

..and so on..

If we take the sentence "It´s Axl fault that the band splitted in first place" for exampel:

If someone make that statement, they have to find some substance in it like:

*The new band must fail. If they don´t fail and actually bring the band to the next level there´s no need to even discuss a reunion, and the split-up was actually a good thing. That would half kill the substance in that statement.

Thats why we sometimes get: "Is this shit what we gets!?"

It´s easy to get substance to that statement:

*Just call it a PURE opinion. The person who state that generate substance to both examples of statements I´ve made. That´s probably why this cind of statements are the most common..

BUT these personal opinions is not enough to make Axl fail.

It´s all about what people will think in general.

That´s why he will win this game!

Edited by shootingstar

U mean The Band that made the name Guns N Roses?

These current guys have been in the band for years.

Session musicians?

They have played songs they all had an impact in.

According to Axl BETTER is a Finck song and I´m sure they have done a lot of impact in the other songs too.

I´m a fan of Guns as a band. Not as a name.

If this band can deliver some great music (and they have) I´m more than pleased.

Nothings ever simple as a fan of this band sadly, all questions got answered for me, then all of a sudden Brain is left fof the press release and rumors go around he's kicked out again, blah blah etc

it's really annoying.

The thing is, most people, when thinking about Chinese Democracy can't help thinking about these 14 years it, without realising that it's not even the same album anymore. It changed so much and so many times that it's not even the same music genre it was in the begining.

And albums are not wine. They don't get better with time in the making.

As for expectations on the band, I can't really talk about that as I expected it to be average at most. The leakes changed my whole opinion on them. Same happened with the NY shows. I thought the band would suck live and Axl's voice wouldn't handle.

So, unlike other people, I was pleasantly surprised.

The thing is, most people, when thinking about Chinese Democracy can't help thinking about these 14 years it, without realising that it's not even the same album anymore. It changed so much and so many times that it's not even the same music genre it was in the begining.

And albums are not wine. They don't get better with time in the making.

As for expectations on the band, I can't really talk about that as I expected it to be average at most. The leakes changed my whole opinion on them. Same happened with the NY shows. I thought the band would suck live and Axl's voice wouldn't handle.

So, unlike other people, I was pleasantly surprised.

i always believed in both this new band and axl, glad to see people jump the bandwagon.

the only way to stop the rumors is if axl puts out an album. but then there will be rumors, about the second album, a third album, who will be on it etc., what wil axl do with this album etc.... it never fucking ends!

the only way to put away rumors is when the cd is in our hands, we hear the songs, we have the linear notes so we know whos in the band... till then it will never stop.

There's a big difference between asking (hoping) for something and still expecting it against all reasonable odds when you have a new band performing on stage right before your eyes. If you don't see how that is insanely farfetched I would strongly consider getting a seeing eye dog.

There's been a lot of reunion rumors lately... No smoke without fire...

And Madison clearly stated some days ago that negociations are still going on...

You're a bit too resigned for your age, Username.

I said once and will say it again! I think reunion is inevitable. About your opinion I am totally agree!