REVIEWS - GN'R Live Madrid 25 May 2006

pattonPwr

it's 4am.. just came from the show. I'm a little sad... expected much more. They delayed 2 hours!!!! We were waiting for the fkn band for almost 2 hours!!!!! I thought people would start a riot if the band didn't show up.. crazy.

Ok,, I dont like the new band.. they sound good bu there's too much "Virtuoso style" guitar solo (It's rock n roll what we like... not fast licks on the guitar).

I didn't think I would say this but: Slash please come back.

Axl sings quite good but says too many silly things between songs. He was quite nervous.. can't forget what he said at the beggining of November Rain "i just don't care.. I know i dont like them". C'mon Axl... after havin us wait for you for 2 hours... FU

Anyway..thenew songs sound great live. Loved Better and The Blues... people were very COLD withthe new songs, no reaction at all haha.

Tomorrow I will post pics and maybe some videos for anybody who wants to see...

I'm tired. Sorry for my freakin english.

cheers!

GN'R !!! GN'R !!!!

Stille love 'em anyway...

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

from: http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/actualites-ne...-direct-434.htm

"The show just ended. A riot almost happened before the show because of the band being 2 hours late. People started throwing chairs on the audience and on stage. There was an annoucement through the P.A to tell people to calm down.

Axl didn't scream at the beginning of Jungle, the new show intro is a really loud music. They did a lot of little jams (like "I Feel Good" after Patience). Axl was all smiles at the end of the show. No surprises. The usual new songs, including There Was A Time. Ron Thal did a bit of Don't Cry during one of his solos (the band didn't play the song though) and the audience started to sing the song. Madagascar was played during the encore."

That's all I could get because people started to throw smoking candles in the audience so Allineed had to hang up. He didn't have time to tell me everything, sorry. That's better than nothing though, and thanks to him and all the other visitors from GN'R France who were there! :)

---------------------

yeah I miss Slash cause he played all the solos by himself and they didnt split them between 3 guitar players like now...

it's 4am.. just came from the show. I'm a little sad... expected much more. They delayed 2 hours!!!! We were waiting for the fkn band for almost 2 hours!!!!! I thought people would start a riot if the band didn't show up.. crazy.

Ok,, I dont like the new band.. they sound good bu there's too much "Virtuoso style" guitar solo (It's rock n roll what we like... not fast licks on the guitar).

I didn't think I would say this but: Slash please come back.

Axl sings quite good but says too many silly things between songs. He was quite nervous.. can't forget what he said at the beggining of November Rain "i just don't care.. I know i dont like them". C'mon Axl... after havin us wait for you for 2 hours... FU

Anyway..thenew songs sound great live. Loved Better and The Blues... people were very COLD withthe new songs, no reaction at all haha.

Tomorrow I will post pics and maybe some videos for anybody who wants to see...

I'm tired. Sorry for my freakin english.

cheers!

GN'R !!! GN'R !!!!

Stille love 'em anyway...

..so u are from spain?...

..cool review...thank u very very much !!! :)

..i think he DOES care..perhaps too much...that's just what he SHOULD do..not to care...

anyway...

..much appreciated..thx for this post

:)

from: http://www.gnrfrance.net/gnr/actualites-ne...-direct-434.htm

"The show just ended. A riot almost happened before the show because of the band being 2 hours late. People started throwing chairs on the audience and on stage. There was an annoucement through the P.A to tell people to calm down.

Axl didn't scream at the beginning of Jungle, the new show intro is a really loud music. They did a lot of little jams (like "I Feel Good" after Patience). Axl was all smiles at the end of the show. No surprises. The usual new songs, including There Was A Time. Ron Thal did a bit of Don't Cry during one of his solos (the band didn't play the song though) and the audience started to sing the song. Madagascar was played during the encore."

That's all I could get because people started to throw smoking candles in the audience so Allineed had to hang up. He didn't have time to tell me everything, sorry. That's better than nothing though, and thanks to him and all the other visitors from GN'R France who were there! :)

---------------------

yeah I miss Slash cause he played all the solos by himself and they didnt split them between 3 guitar players like now...

..thxxx for this sachem :) ..

..i think robin and the others do a good job too...but yeah...respect your opinion..think u are not the only one missin' hudson...

Edited by sixtus

Err... this is a review from a Spanish newspaper. I could translate but it's real bad. Basically the fans were very pissed off with the 2 hours delay. They called Axl fat, SOB and they scream they were bored. they also scream for Slash to be back. There is an Axl pic inside if you wanna take a look

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/05/26/c...1148610703.html

Err... this is a review from a Spanish newspaper. I could translate but it's real bad. Basically the fans were very pissed off with the 2 hours delay. They called Axl fat, SOB and they scream they were bored. they also scream for Slash to be back. There is an Axl pic inside if you wanna take a look

http://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2006/05/26/c...1148610703.html

Boy thats gotta be rough.