REVIEWS - GN'R Live Madrid 25 May 2006

pattonPwr

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I have heard through alot of my friends that the Spanish Gig wasnt as great as one could expect.

The Soundboard wasnt really theirs from what I heard. It was from that place, so you can imagine trying to use advance technology with the one in that place. It must be hard for the Sound Techs of the band working with what they got.

Also, reason why not many Spanish people dont know those particular new songs was because most people do not know that for regular Modem Internet it is double the price. Plus for other unfamiliar reasons of not downloading their "legal" music through Spain as many of you Illegal to do so since new laws have passed. (This is from a friend of mine).

You can see some bootlegs on you tube about it. It was pretty funny. Someone I think even got mad because they only Posted comments abou the Gig in Spanish and wanted to know what they were saying.

Hahahaha.

If they give me Pics (I will only post Audio and Video with Permission from theirs) I will post them.

:)

i think that you're right.GN'R was the band that makes me feel rock n' roll but i'm not feeling this anymore. the new songs, sounds like christina aguilera sometimes. IRS? what's that shit?. VR still remains the hard rock that make me believe in something. I'm 26 years and i never saw a band like the real GN'R. I saw them 2 times in Argentina. thx

Look, this may sound harsh, but it needs to be said.

If you have made it this far with the guy, up to an including buying a ticket to see the band *IN 2006*...you pretty much have to get the hell over "how can he use the name/this isn't Guns N' Roses".

If this was that big a problem for you, you shouldn't have gone. It wasn't like Slash quit yesterday. He quit 10 fucking years ago.

And if you chose to hang on to the longest of longshots that Axl was going to show up with the old band, you set yourself up to be disappointed.

haha! Slash fans are such a riot.

Edited by Axls_Disillusion

Look, this may sound harsh, but it needs to be said.

If you have made it this far with the guy, up to an including buying a ticket to see the band *IN 2006*...you pretty much have to get the hell over "how can he use the name/this isn't Guns N' Roses".

If this was that big a problem for you, you shouldn't have gone. It wasn't like Slash quit yesterday. He quit 10 fucking years ago.

And if you chose to hang on to the longest of longshots that Axl was going to show up with the old band, you set yourself up to be disappointed.

I have to agree.

I can't believe all the whiners around here.

Axl has always been late for shows - and probably always will be. That's the way he is.

As I said in another thread -- it's like a guy who buys a house near an airport, and then bitches and complains about the sound of airplanes flying overhead.

Everybody knows Axl is - more often than not - late for shows. So, I just think it's really lame for some people to whine and complain that Axl is late or that he's playing the old songs (*hello - this is GNR, and fans would be pretty outraged if they didn't play any of the songs that made GNR the biggest band in the universe).

I've read some of the reveiws, and honestly some of you really need to grow up.

Whinging and wining that you had to wait 2 hours

so damm what

Axl showed up, he put on a great show from what I heard, he sounded excellent

some people are just ungrateful

You know maybe I'm just annoyed because I know many of us won't be able to experience GnR at a concert, myself included.

So reading people whinge about the smallest things even though they got the chance to go to a concert, just seems really pathetic to me.

it is not easy to comment this show.I can say that personally i´m a die-hard from the beginning and could´nt been happier anywhere on earth that i was at the concert ,after so many years.

For me it was great ,my higher moments where at nightrain and out to get me,but it was many more.No roquet queen that is my fav,but o.k. Axl can not sing evererything everyday.He was in very good shape,good singing and mood.Same clothes than in N.Y. and same set list more or less.

I FUCKING LOVED IT.But i must understand also some of the critics about delaying and stuff.

I can take it but it does not mean that i liket it .I was anxious to see them and i hade calculated do not need to take a pee in 2 hours :unsure:

About the new musiciasn i felt that many people was unfair with them.Of course they are not slash,but we knew that when we went to the concert.I had some friend that liked rock but was not pretty pretty much into Gnr,and he thought that musicians were great.And they probably are,and we will always miss slash touch in our hearts,but hey,i can also enjoy a concert,i heard that music and axl was there,if they can not play together anymore would people prefear don´t see them live anymore??Not me anyway.

I think that Fortus was the best .And i should agree about the solos.Is not about this show,i have never liked solos,for me they break the timing of a concert.I can say that i like much more gnr concert at the apppetite time than at the illusions time.Or for exemple,motley crue concert in madrid last year,but like i say again.i loved the concert,is just that i want to share my impressions.

About new music ,i personally new it and enjoy it,the blues,magascar and I.R.S. specially.People was cold there,not cold,but of course is not the same when they can not sing along.It was a very good feeling for me when people around looked at me and speak with each other like saying,how can she sing that songs???

I should say something about the spanish critics in the media.I am spanish myself and i have always hated them from the begining.If they can not inform about hard rock concerts or events they don´t do it and if they have to do it,they understand a shit about all of this and they do it wrong .Spanish media are very conservative,like many other things.I never take a look to any spanish newspapper on this matters,they can just speak on their fucking spanish pop and they have not cultural knowlegde,not only musical or do not want to have it.They should GET IN THE RING with me.

To finnish with this i should have a word also to the taxi services at the capital of Spain.My impression is that they would`nt pick up the people who was coming out from the concert.Again the conservative ideas .

But o.k. i can forget the rest and will remember just my second guns n´roses concert.

totaly agree with u compañero! ;)

Here the same.. people were looking at me like WTF how can u sing along "Better" ???

Btw, in "you could be mine" was I the only one who screamed the "with your ass in the air" thing? lol... u can watch it in the vids I posted.

Yo voy a ir a Bilbao a verlos.

Pitty I can't be in Portugal tonight.. but I'll be watching deftones+tool for free hehe

it is not easy to comment this show.I can say that personally i´m a die-hard from the beginning and could´nt been happier anywhere on earth that i was at the concert ,after so many years.

For me it was great ,my higher moments where at nightrain and out to get me,but it was many more.No roquet queen that is my fav,but o.k. Axl can not sing evererything everyday.He was in very good shape,good singing and mood.Same clothes than in N.Y. and same set list more or less.

I FUCKING LOVED IT.But i must understand also some of the critics about delaying and stuff.

I can take it but it does not mean that i liket it .I was anxious to see them and i hade calculated do not need to take a pee in 2 hours :unsure:

About the new musiciasn i felt that many people was unfair with them.Of course they are not slash,but we knew that when we went to the concert.I had some friend that liked rock but was not pretty pretty much into Gnr,and he thought that musicians were great.And they probably are,and we will always miss slash touch in our hearts,but hey,i can also enjoy a concert,i heard that music and axl was there,if they can not play together anymore would people prefear don´t see them live anymore??Not me anyway.

I think that Fortus was the best .And i should agree about the solos.Is not about this show,i have never liked solos,for me they break the timing of a concert.I can say that i like much more gnr concert at the apppetite time than at the illusions time.Or for exemple,motley crue concert in madrid last year,but like i say again.i loved the concert,is just that i want to share my impressions.

About new music ,i personally new it and enjoy it,the blues,magascar and I.R.S. specially.People was cold there,not cold,but of course is not the same when they can not sing along.It was a very good feeling for me when people around looked at me and speak with each other like saying,how can she sing that songs???

I should say something about the spanish critics in the media.I am spanish myself and i have always hated them from the begining.If they can not inform about hard rock concerts or events they don´t do it and if they have to do it,they understand a shit about all of this and they do it wrong .Spanish media are very conservative,like many other things.I never take a look to any spanish newspapper on this matters,they can just speak on their fucking spanish pop and they have not cultural knowlegde,not only musical or do not want to have it.They should GET IN THE RING with me.

To finnish with this i should have a word also to the taxi services at the capital of Spain.My impression is that they would`nt pick up the people who was coming out from the concert.Again the conservative ideas .

But o.k. i can forget the rest and will remember just my second guns n´roses concert.

Sounds like it was a great show dude. Wish i was there. I agree about the guitarists as well people should get over the fact that slash isn't in the band anymore

Edited by Axel1304

I can understand all the people that enjoyed the show and felt like in heaven in front of Axl, but I think that apart of all the harm like new musicians, new songs, etc. the concert was correct, objectively, not was a Very Good show, was correct, anymore. I saw a lot of RnR shows around my life, and I'm a fan of GNR since almost 20 years, but honestly, only was a 6/10 show, it's my opinion of curse.

Hi everybody,

I´ve just arrived from madrid at home and i have read all the worst reviews of a guns concert i can remember. Firstable i want to say that i´m a hardcore fan from 1988, some of you know that i´m member of this forum for years and i´m not a newbie ... i say that because i don´t want people think i am a new fan or an axl hater ... the contrary ... i love guns and roses and i admire axl so much as all of you.

Well, i ve seen a lot of 70 and 80´s bands, iron maiden, lenny kravitz, metallica, acdc, aerosmith, van halen ..... i have to say the first thing i thought during the concert is that i´m dissapointed because the sound of the band ... believe me, all the above bands sounded quite better, i mean sound oriented ... bass awful, drumms too high ... a lot of confussion with the guitars ... half of the set list you had to imagine (because you know the songs for ten years) the guitars ... they need a good mix enginer or something like that... you know... voice down, drumms high,,,, i hoped a better sound. Secondly, Axl was good, much better than the journalist reviews say, much better than 2002 ... but obviously, he is not the 90 axl. And don´t tell me "he is 44" because we can name a lot of rock singers older than him who hasn´t lost his voice (part of it) by years (lenny kravitz, steven taylor etc etc etc ...

They did a very good job with the classic ones ... out to get me, my michelle, paradise city, nightrain, patiente, november rain,,, but jungle, easy and brownstone were too soft, you could,´t hear Axl´s voice most of the song. Anyway ... the classics i´d say 8 (being 10 during illusions tour). But the worst part was the new songs ... i like them (the demos) but sounded REALLY AWFUL except CD and TB ,,, madagascar was really bad (sound, guitars confussion, voice...), TWAT was soft and wuite different from the demos (different to worse) and Better wasn´t clear, really bad sound, i was imaging the people who don´t know the new songs they can´t listen them in a good way (like the classic ones), they can´t KNOW how really is those songs because every fucking instrument is not in a good position. And the worst song of the concert was IRS (and i like the demo... once again!), people who were besides me during that song (and also better and TWAT but much more in IRS) were screaming "what´s that? horrible" we heard some "BUUUUHHHHSSS" during better and more in IRS. The best new song was Chinese democracy, very good sound,so clear and a very good job with the intro. I don´t think mayority of the people think the same than those fucking journalists, but i can tell you, MOST of the people went home only 50 or 60% satisfied.

I want to ask you something, don´t blame my country or the spanish people, all those journalists are blaming Axl because according to their opinions Guns and Roses was one of the best bands ever and they want to see the old guys, all those journalists are blaming Axl because they LOVED the old Axl. most of them are using sentences like "i felt PAIN to see the past of glory is gone" ... they love the band as well, but maybe some people is not prepared to see only Axl when they go to see that band that ruled the world (slash, izzy, duff,,,) and when they say this is not guns and roses they also say the rest of the guys without Axl is not guns and roses.

My final opinion ... the new songs are tooooo far from the old ones, they need to put the album out and see what happens...

I had fun and i´m happy but i could not avoid shed a tear when i remembered last time i saw them, it was in 1993, slash, axl running the stage as a olimpic runner, the fury, the energy ... i feel that is gone ...

I say that review is total bullshit, I SAW them live in New York and they fucking ROCKED!!!!(13,000 other people can back me up) I gues Axl just hurt your feelings for making you wait all that time huh :rofl-lol: and WTF, like everyone says, if all of you think it isn't GN'R without all the others why even bother to go to the concerts...I'll give you a tip for this band all of you might like....Velvet Revolver....

"steven taylor" <-------- :rofl-lol:

Kannon. :laugh:

Edited by kannon21

I could barely read that. Some of it was possible and other parts were straight out of the da vinci code.

I don't really care if your english isn't flawless and you want to write a review. Hit one of the spanish forums up. I get sick of "I am guns fan from back in 80s but speak bad english and want to convey message to you".

I could get what hes saying...pretty much the sound system fucked up the show...Chinese Democracy was the only sound-happy song apparently...

:krider:

Thanks ... that´s right.

I could barely read that. Some of it was possible and other parts were straight out of the da vinci code.

I don't really care if your english isn't flawless and you want to write a review. Hit one of the spanish forums up. I get sick of "I am guns fan from back in 80s but speak bad english and want to convey message to you".

At least i try to speak another languages, english, french, italian and portuguese,,, and mine ,,, spanish.

how many lenguages can u speak motherfucker?

Fuck U

Atleast he makes the effort and tries to communicate in a language which isn´t his. And let me remind you that some " native english speaking" people here talk and write worse than a 10 year old child.

This is an INTERNATIONAL GNR fan forum so, everyone came here no matter wherever they come from ;) .

Also, would you have the balls to try to express yourself in a foreign language? I HIGHLY doubt it.