Fortus/Finck Beautiful

DaneisKing1389

I thought it was great!

I do have to say all this pointless ranting is somewhat annoying, so what the song's sang by someone you may not like? THIS IS GUITAR, not vocals, c'mon people, you have to admit they did a great job,

KEEP ON GOIN GNR DOIN GREAT! ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This solo could have passed if it didn't actually take as long as it did, so it was not hard to have it pass from bluesy into boring... as all the other guitar solos that were performed.

The drum solo and the piano solo were in fact great, the drum one was short enough to have the folks enjoy, and the piano was a heavy saloon joy... you could almost imagine a liquor bottle and swallow it up straight while listening...

But the guitars were all but a pain... this one in particular was the worse, not because of the aguilera choise but because it took too darn long.

The bomblewhatever guitar is a joke with those stupid wings coming off when he uses the wammy bar, and he flooded the people with harmonics and out of context speed, too much technic so little feeling up untill the end where he finally showed some touch on his small interpretation of Don't Cry, but he can owe that to the music itself rather than his shredding abilities because they were not required.

Then there is this John Lennon alike fellow that really puted all the felling in his solo with various joint strings harmonies which were in fact great if they evolved into something more solid... but since they didn't seem to go anywhere he took the wise decision of starting SCOM before we all went to sleep...

All in all the guitar players are good performers, all with their different styles, ones too soft others too agressive, rockers no doubt but none as balanced as Slash.

Sometimes you get the feeling they are there borrowed and that is really a bad feeling...

Though I can't understand the whole idea of the John Lennon (don't know his name really) guy looks, I liked him a lot, not too fast guitar player but he showed feeling, at a point he even tryed to jump a lateral fence to compliment the crowd that could salute Axl earlier, and on Nightrain he went though the front crowd guter, I am not sure but I believe I saw that guy fall while he was trying to run there... he showed more attitude than the rest of the bunch and that deserves some admiration...

Axl is getting old fast, and he no longer shows that rebel attitude no more, unfortunatly.

He still runs and all but life is as it is and you can feel and see on his face that the guy needs to rest and that he can not keep up with the burden....

That's why there is the need to have so much soloing...

I have to agree on everything you wrote!

Except for the Axl's part!

Axl always needed to rest, even in the gold days, what was different is the way the band gave him time, with long jam into the songs (think about the end of Double talkin' jive or "give me some regge" in KOHD and the long intros and I could name many many more) That resulted highly enjoyble and not at all boring!

And Axl isn't getting old fast Axl needs to train himself to get some breath back, he had a 10 year pause so I guess he needs it but he'll get better and better during the tour...

The bomblewhatever guitar is a joke with those stupid wings coming off when he uses the wammy bar

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

Oh shit, I saw that and couldnt help but laugh. Thats the gayest looking guitar I have ever seen and he looks like such a dork playing it. Why cant Axl just pick some badass guitarist who doesnt need feet guitars with wings or buckets to characterize himself. These novelty guitar players are makeing me sick.

OK, I know some of you will think this is a bit "gay" but I actually like that song - It's got great melody *hides* :ph34r: . As for Richard and Robin rendition, it was quite cool/not bad, but didn't think it was brilliant - certainly FAR more highlights from this concert elsewhere...

UK SUBS.

:lol: I thought it was brilliant! I cant do it like them seeing as there arnt tabs, but I did my own rendition ahh you can really see the chemistry between this band now, I say this is Guns N' Roses, anyway I dont think the song is bad :huh: dont see why so many people dislike it, anyway Christina's hot ;)

OK, I know some of you will think this is a bit "gay" but I actually like that song - It's got great melody *hides* :ph34r: . As for Richard and Robin rendition, it was quite cool/not bad, but didn't think it was brilliant - certainly FAR more highlights from this concert elsewhere...

UK SUBS.

love the new sig man.

But to address your post. There's nothing wrong with liking it. I love the song myself. I had her album since it came out and that song always gets me.

It sounds good but then when you realize they're covering an XTina song it makes your stomach wrench. It just bothers me that they're covering a song like that. It's just not cool in my books and frankly it is embarrassing. Captain A needs to tell them to pick another song and he needs to tell Bumble to lose the foot guitar.

Slash was a lazy player and he never really looked like he was enjoying the music he was making. He looks like he chose the guitar to look cool and score chicks and make $$$

What??...what a crock of shit!

Slash is like Keith Richards...the guitar is one of his vital organs!

He'll be playing guitar SOMEWHERE until he drops dead!

It sounds good but then when you realize they're covering an XTina song it makes your stomach wrench. It just bothers me that they're covering a song like that. It's just not cool in my books and frankly it is embarrassing. Captain A needs to tell them to pick another song and he needs to tell Bumble to lose the foot guitar.

Slash was a lazy player and he never really looked like he was enjoying the music he was making. He looks like he chose the guitar to look cool and score chicks and make $$$

What??...what a crock of shit!

Slash is like Keith Richards...the guitar is one of his vital organs!

He'll be playing guitar SOMEWHERE until he drops dead!

yeah, for a lazy player he sure never stops playing...