Ron Thal,best heavy metal/hard rock guitarist..ever?

Gallagher Rose

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

EVH is better than Slash.

you could also argue Zakk Wylde and Kirk Hammet better, too.

Well, we're basing this on metal, and I never really considered EVH a metal guitarist. In a metal standpoint, Slash is better than EVH. But IMHO, if you were to do an overall greatest guitarist list (metal, classic, blues, etc) EVH should be dead-on #1 on that list, for innovativeness and technical ability. Again, JMO.

There is a list for that anyway. Hendrix is #1, and EVH is #5. I cant remember where Slash was...

Edited by gnrrocks2005

What a stupid fucking list. Bumblefoot No 1. Kirk Hamett no 68. Slash 42. Who ever feeds into this is ignorant as hell. No jimmy page no nothing.

There are sooooooooooooooo many guitarists out there a million times better than Page.

EVH is better than Slash.

you could also argue Kirk Hammet better, too.

you could... but you would be wrong. kirk's writing is awful, hetfield is that band.

my only problem with that list is that vai should #2, and gilbert a little lower.

i've said it a million times, EVH #1 for innovation, but thal #1 for songwriting/techical ability.

What a stupid fucking list. Bumblefoot No 1. Kirk Hamett no 68. Slash 42. Who ever feeds into this is ignorant as hell. No jimmy page no nothing.

There are sooooooooooooooo many guitarists out there a million times better than Page.

and yet they've never made music the caliber of Led Zeppelin.

The thing is, if he's so good, how come no ones ever heard of the great BUMBLEFOOT!?

The answer is on the site if you took the time too read something:

Criteria: - This list is compiled of how the artist is: creative, versatile,

technical skill, discipline and technique, not based on popularity.

With other words popularity has nothing to do with the case.

The thing is, if he's so good, how come no ones ever heard of the great BUMBLEFOOT!?

if you measure how good an artist is by how many people listen to them, go listen to britney spears.

fact is, he stayed on an independant label so he could have fun, be semi rich, be his own boss, and travel to wherever he wants.

but who wouldn't give that up to be in gnr?

oh shit.............How can there be better Guitar players that Slash? :o

problem is without page they wouldn't be out there being 'better' nor have they sold over 200 million records world wide?

what kind of shitty list is this!??! I'm not much of a Ron Thal fan but I have to... I mean, he's in Guns N' Roses. I think Robin Finck is better than Ron... and if Slash would replace anybody, I would want him to replace Bumblefoot.

bumblefoot is better than slash, iommi, robertson, rhoads, moore, hetifield, dimebag, morello, Cantrell, May, Gorham?

my bell end

whoever compiled this list is one of two people

( A ) an idiot

or

( B ) Bumblefoot

Edited by Mr Estranged