Mick Wall (of Kerrang!)'s comments

mynameisjonas

http://www.mickwall.com/blog/blog.php

Meanwhile a French magazine has emailed to ask if I would like to write a Guns N' Roses story for them, about their latest gigs in New York, which I happen to know quite a lot about, having snuck through the backdoor. Was very disappointed they didn't play 'Get In The Ring' in my honour, but then was pretty disappointed by the whole thing, actually. But hey, it's not really Guns N' Roses, is it? Despite what the poor deluded bastards who scream otherwise say. I mean, if Paul McCartney got a bunch of nobodies together tomorrow and called it the Beatles, would it mean it was the Beatles? (Whoever they are...)

-----

as the great F*ck Fear said, he's a tool.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll just post the same as in HTGTH :P

Mick Wall at Kerrang

Bob Guccione Jr. at Spin,

What you pissed off cuz your dad gets more

pussy than you?

Fuck you

Suck my fuckin' dick

Do we need to add anything else? :rofl-lol:

http://www.mickwall.com/blog/blog.php

Meanwhile a French magazine has emailed to ask if I would like to write a Guns N' Roses story for them, about their latest gigs in New York, which I happen to know quite a lot about, having snuck through the backdoor. Was very disappointed they didn't play 'Get In The Ring' in my honour, but then was pretty disappointed by the whole thing, actually. But hey, it's not really Guns N' Roses, is it? Despite what the poor deluded bastards who scream otherwise say. I mean, if Paul McCartney got a bunch of nobodies together tomorrow and called it the Beatles, would it mean it was the Beatles? (Whoever they are...)

-----

as the great F*ck Fear said, he's a tool.

:lol: It's true

It's all in the name.

Other 80's Bands are reuniting with there (close too) original lineups. However most of those bands are just bands that play the old stuff. Bands that have no new material. Bands that have not been making an album for nearly 10 years.

People go to see them for what they were. Is that what you want out of guns?

A lot of us here go to see to Guns for what they are, and what we know they can become. If there was no VR, if there were no leaks, no new material, Then I would say yeah, go ahead and get back together. (I know a lot of you dislike VR but they're better than most other groups out there right now IMO.)

My question is which of you really want to see VR, and all the progress GN'R have made disappear? Just to see the original Guns N' Roses reunite, and go on a greatest hits tour?

Edited by BBruin66

My question is which of you really want to see VR, and all the progress GN'R have made disappear? Just to see the original Guns N' Roses reunite, and go on a greatest hits tour?

Yeah, I seriously doubt anybody here wants that. Except maybe TheAlien...

i'd like to see VR disappear, and that's it.

not happening.

i'd like to see VR disappear, and that's it.

not happening.

A guy can dream, can't he?

I mean, if Paul McCartney got a bunch of nobodies together tomorrow and called it the Beatles, would it mean it was the Beatles?

Hes got a point, but Im not going to say anything else... especially in this section. Dont want to start another "tired argument" as some put it.

aint the new band doing a greatest hits tour?

seriously, who's the chick in your sig?

seriously, who's the chick in your sig?

i aint telling you dude :)

It's my lesbian lover.

:lol: soo true!!

if you take away the bias we have against Mick Wall and the bias we have for Axl and just consider the actual facts and argument posed I think that Mick Wall has a good point. The new form of the band is analogous to Paul McCartney calling a band with him and 3 other unknowns The Beatles which isn't going to go down well at all with the general public. I don't think the new GN'R is going to go down that well with the public either.

I think sitting in a forum with a bunch of fans of the band gives us a misleading impression of how the band is perceived by the general public (the majority who actually make up a bands album sales). We think the band is back etc but have the really made that much of an impression on the general public? I for one don't think I would have heard anything about GN'R being back and playing shows if I hadn't searched the info out for myself

This is very true... very fuckin true.

This is not GN'R disbanding, and then Axl coming back and getting people together and saying its the same as before. The other guys left the band, the band, although with one remaining member was still GN'R. New members were needed, they were brought in. It is what it is.

The Beatles arguement is irrelevant. The beatles Disbanded. The other members did not just leave one guy remaining. They all greed that there would be no more beatles. Now for sure as we look back if Paul decided to stay and brought in other people im sure that everyone wouldnt have been happy. But it's a big difference between a band continuing with only one of its original members, and a band reforming with only one of them.

If Paul had always stayed on using the beatles name, there would be much less of an issue...

Hey someones comparing GN'R to the Beatles!

This is not GN'R disbanding, and then Axl coming back and getting people together and saying its the same as before. The other guys left the band, the band, although with one remaining member was still GN'R. New members were needed, they were brought in. It is what it is.

The Beatles arguement is irrelevant. The beatles Disbanded. The other members did not just leave one guy remaining. They all greed that there would be no more beatles. Now for sure as we look back if Paul decided to stay and brought in other people im sure that everyone wouldnt have been happy. But it's a big difference between a band continuing with only one of its original members, and a band reforming with only one of them.

If Paul had always stayed on using the beatles name, there would be much less of an issue...

Hey someones comparing GN'R to the Beatles!

The Beatles made a lot of VERY BAD music. Yes I OWN EVERY Beatles album....