Do you think Robin plays with soul?

Gallagher Rose

old gnr or new gnr :rolleyes::lol: well, what IIII meant was I agree with the slashers bashing robin, they need to look beyond "the past" ;)

And the reason Robin is the Slasher's main target is because he is the guy who directly replaced him in the band. Even Axl himself said, 'no i want him on lead' to Sorum when they first saw him play. if Zakk Wylde would have replaced Slash and he'd be getting bashed just as much.

What I think is so great about this band, is they have a guy like Robin (who has the closest style to Slash out of the three guitar players, but abit more modern and some industrial influences in his rhythm playing), a guy like Bumblefoot(a virtuoso), and then Richard (axl called him izzy on speed). All 3 different styles fused together, it just gives you a little more variety than we had before. The old gnr wouldn't have and weren't able to do things like "Better". In the end, there is at least one of these three guitarists any GNR fan can relate to or get excited about, which only helps this band.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get these comments that he's giving it 100%. Every guitarist at this level puts in lots of time and energy into what they do. That does not equal soul.

Soul is a characteristic of the sound produced by a guitarist. Slash's solos were very melodic and touching - they were soulful. It doesn't matter how hard they were to play or if he followed some sort of formula (if he did then bravo - it worked!!), nor how much effort he seemed to put into them while he played.

Luckily for us fans, it seems Robin is good at the same thing Slash was great at...writing melodic solos. He's not as good live, which is a pity perhaps, but I can live with that as long as he isn't poor in the studio. Studio is what matters, that's were the songs we love come from.

I agree.

His solos on 'The Blues' and 'Better' follow in the footsteps of classic GNR. They have a very melodic, bluesy, and soulful quality that reminds me of Slash. I wish Robin would have taken the solo on Madagascar because the rhythm and pace of that song seems more ideal for his style rather than BH's. I personally can't wait to hear more of Robin's contributions on CD.

And the reason Robin is the Slasher's main target is because he is the guy who directly replaced him in the band.

Not at all.

The reason Finck is GN'R fans main target is because he is a mediocre guitarist.

Simple as that.

Edited by Alan Niveen

And the reason Robin is the Slasher's main target is because he is the guy who directly replaced him in the band.

Not at all.

The reason Finck is GN'R fans main target is because is a mediocre guitarist.

Simple as that.

The reason is he is the one who fits less into the GnR world

I hate it when people write mindless posts with absolutely no explination just for the purpose of bashing, GET OVER IT, THIS IS GUNS NOW THAT WAS GUNS THEN, frickk go find some pic of the old crew and jerk your fckn 1 inch gurkin, whats done is done, SLASH IS IN VELVET REVOLVER NOT GUNS, DONT CRY OVER IT.

I hate it when people write mindless posts with absolutely no explination just for the purpose of bashing, GET OVER IT, THIS IS GUNS NOW THAT WAS GUNS THEN, frickk go find some pic of the old crew and jerk your fckn 1 inch gurkin, whats done is done, SLASH IS IN VELVET REVOLVER NOT GUNS, DONT CRY OVER IT.

15 years old bitches won't tell me what's GNR and what's not.

Were you at the Hammerstein for any of the shows? I can assure you he is very much a part of the "GnR World". The band has perfect chemistry now. And Finck is a cruical part of their lineup right now.

If you think to GnR you think to a sound and you think to a style...unless you're a 16 years old that never got to know the band ... so you expect soemthing and Finck is the one who's most distant from that all!

Because of his sound, of his look and of his attitude... that doesn't necessarily mean he can't play, just he doesn't fit in GnR

oddly enough the few who constantly bash robin also consider slash their favorite ex-member :book: my advice would be to get over it and go listen to velvet revolver if you want slash.

Robin is a great musican. if he wasn't he wouldn't have been working with the likes of Trent Reznor and GNR for the last 10 odd years. that alone speaks volumes about his talents. I'm sick of seeing every Robin thread turn into a huge bash fest. He's a great guitarist, and if you check out his website and the things he advocates, he's a good dude.

I agree 100% ;)

I agree 200%.

~M

:rolleyes: if you're so keen on this topic post your definition of Guns N' Roses

P.S. - at least im secure enough to have my age in my profile ;) this is music, age isnt a factor.

:rolleyes: if you're so keen on this topic post your definition of Guns N' Roses

P.S. - at least im secure enough to have my age in my profile ;) this is music, age isnt a factor.

if age isn't a factor then it don't matter if he posts his or not.

if age isn't a factor then it don't matter if he posts his or not.

I dont mind if he posts, he picked the fight tho ;) it needs to be finished.

Were you at the Hammerstein for any of the shows? I can assure you he is very much a part of the "GnR World". The band has perfect chemistry now. And Finck is a cruical part of their lineup right now.

If you think to GnR you think to a sound and you think to a style...unless you're a 16 years old that never got to know the band ... so you expect soemthing and Finck is the one who's most distant from that all!

Because of his sound, of his look and of his attitude... that doesn't necessarily mean he can't play, just he doesn't fit in GnR

Like you said, if you were an "old" fan, your expectations use the past as a relative comparison, therefore those with that expectation logically conclude that Finck doesn't fit. Yet in this case, none of the members should "fit" against this norm from the past, especially not Axl. His style and direction have changed, in fact it is one of the reasons why the band broke up. He had a vision. It was different from the other members. That vision is the current incarnation of GNR. I think I'll side with Axl on this one. Fuck stereotypes, fuck norms, fuck expectations. This isn't AFD, this is Chinese Fucking Democracy 101. Study up.

~M

This isn't AFD, this is Chinese Fucking Democracy 101. Study up.

:huh: So give us Chinese Democracy.

At the moment it's a bunch of random musicians covering Appetite For Destruction with Axl. Two of the guitarists haven't even recorded with Axl.

Some "vision". :rolleyes:

This isn't AFD, this is Chinese Fucking Democracy 101. Study up.

:huh: So give us Chinese Democracy.

At the moment it's a bunch of random musicians covering Appetite For Destruction with Axl. Two of the guitarists haven't even recorded with Axl.

Some "vision". :rolleyes:

2 guitarist haven't recorded ? Robin has recorded on everything and Richard has done some recording since he joind the band.

As a whole, I really dig Robin. He ain't the most skillful of guitarists, and palys the odd 'duff' note live, but to me it adds to his appeal (in a strange kind of way!). I think he brings an awful lot to GNR and I enjoy his performances. He really has grown on me and I think he is VERY under-rated.

However, the proof is in the pudding. Regardless of skill, stage presence, chemistry etc, true talent comes from songwriting and creativity, something that the new guitarists really haven't shown yet. Bumblefoot is great, but I haven't heard one note of his previous work (so I cant say whether its good or bad...). Same with Fortus, and it was the same with Finck. Essentially, the guitarists are covering the genius of Izzy and Slash, and until I hear them come up with their own material that is worthy of the name 'GNR' (which I'm MORE than sure they will), I'll continue to enjoy the live performances, but will also continue to view them as a 'nostalgia-fest.'

LA rock2

Edited by LA_0013

Sometimes it looks like he's having some good sex while playing on stage,specially doing the solos.

Probably he's enjoying the band and the atmosphere,the guy is cool and I don't care if he's better or not than Slash,Bumble or Bucket.

lol yeah he does play with soul and he is my favourite gunner :)

Sometimes it looks like he's having some good sex while playing on stage,specially doing the solos.

Probably he's enjoying the band and the atmosphere,the guy is cool and I don't care if he's better or not than Slash,Bumble or Bucket.

fuck yea! he's mine too (besides Axl of course). We're lucky to have Robin in the band.

fuck yea! he's mine too (besides Axl of course). We're lucky to have Robin in the band.

Yeah it just really pisses me off when people diss him IMO he's a great guitarist he rocked at rio !!!!!!!!

Yeah apart form Axl :)

Yeah it just really pisses me off when people diss him IMO he's a great guitarist he rocked at rio !!!!!!!!

like i said, its only the hardcore slash fans, who are bound to hate him regardless.

like i said, its only the hardcore slash fans, who are bound to hate him regardless.

I'm a hardcore Slash fan, and I don't hate him. :question: