AXL ARRESTED - and later released - IN STOCKHOLM!

Idiot Wind

• Replies 535
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another article on it.

This appeared on Reuters newswire:

Guns n' Roses frontman held in Stockholm over brawl

27 June 2006

07:38

© 2006 Reuters Limited

STOCKHOLM, June 27 (Reuters) - Axl Rose, lead singer of rock band Guns n' Roses, was arrested in the Swedish capital early on Tuesday for violent conduct and damaging a hotel room, police said.

Rose, who played a concert in Stockholm on Monday night, was "too drunk to talk" when he was detained and was being held in a cell until sober enough for questioning, a police spokeswoman said.

Rose is suspected of attacking a security guard and threatening a policeman. He also "caused minor damage to the interior of the hotel," the spokeswoman said.

If he is found guilty of violent conduct he could face up to four years in prison, the police spokesman said. If Rose, whose hits include Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City, were convicted of a misdemeanour, he would face up to six months in prison or a fine.

27 June 2006

© 2006 Reuters Limited

STOCKHOLM, June 27 (Reuters) - Axl Rose, lead singer of rock band Guns n' Roses, was arrested in the Swedish capital early on Tuesday for violent conduct and damaging a hotel room, police said.

Rose, who played a concert in Stockholm on Monday night, was "too drunk to talk" when he was detained and was being held in a cell until sober enough for questioning, a police spokeswoman said.

Rose is suspected of attacking a security guard and threatening a policeman. He also "caused minor damage to the interior of the hotel," the spokeswoman said.

If he is found guilty of violent conduct he could face up to four years in prison, the police spokesman said. If Rose, whose hits include Welcome to the Jungle and Paradise City, were convicted of a misdemeanour, he would face up to six months in prison or a fine.

well i think we can say goodbye to the tour :(

From another board:

GUNS N' ROSES frontman was questioned by the Swedish police and arraigned Tuesday (June 27) in connection with an incident early this morning when he was arrested in Stockholm for violent conduct and damaging a hotel room, according to Expressen.

"He's a flight risk. That's why I wanted to make sure he was arraigned," District Attorney Fredrik Ingblad told Expressen.

GUNS N' ROSES, who played a concert in Stockholm on Monday night, risk missing Wednesday's scheduled performance in Oslo, Norway.

Rose was "too drunk to talk" when he was detained and was being held in a cell until sober enough for questioning, a police spokeswoman told Reuters.

If he is found guilty of violent conduct he could face up to four years in prison, the police spokesman said. If Rose were convicted of a misdemeanor, he would face up to six months in prison or a fine.

:huh: I can't help but laugh. It's the mental image of Axl biting someone on the leg. :huh::lol: !

:rofl-lol:

I´m not going to say Axl is an angel and he does no wrong, but I´m sure the story has been exaggerated by the media, come on it´s GNR, it´s Axl Rose and we know how it all goes.

:huh: I can't help but laugh. It's the mental image of Axl biting someone on the leg. :huh::lol: !

I´m not going to say Axl is an angel and he does no wrong, but I´m sure the story has been exaggerated by the media, come on it´s GNR, it´s Axl Rose and we know how it all goes.

yep the press and the media love to make lies about axl rose and guns n' roses

That bite on the leg is going to cost him big time. Ha, I see another lawsuit in the works already.

Haha yea, not everyone can say they've been bitten on the leg by an angry and drunk Axl Rose.

I reckon he'll get away with a large fine though.

We dunno if this is true though, like NR said probably very exaggerated.

Funny though :)

from gunsguy fourm

Axl's arrest has just been mentioned on Australian tv, it was on the channel Ten late news, they did not say much something like.

"Guns N' Roses lead singer Axl Rose has been arrested in Sweden for biting a hotel security guard"

I was not really listening when it came on but I think thats what they said.

This is the first mention I have seen on Aussie tv about the new tour or band although there have been a few mentions about the Hammerstein show's and upcoming tour in a couple of the Aussie newspaper's.

Well, it's not just the media. They're actually quoting the District Attorney and police spokesperson about the incident. Obviously something happened, and it was serious enough that he needed to be arrested and detained.

Well, it's not just the media. They're actually quoting the District Attorney and police spokesperson about the incident. Obviously something happened, and it was serious enough that he needed to be arrested and detained.

now im going say this fuck the press and the media and rock on axl rock1

27 June 2006

© 2006 Reuters Limited

This was my concern as well.

The charges could result in jail time -- or maybe a judge will order rehab (the way they did with Scott Weiland). Who knows. But it could be serious. He's not a drunken 18-year old kid biting a security guard's leg -- he's a 44-year old man. A judge could come down hard.

hmmmmmmmm i wonder what Sebastian Bach and the band is saying about this

Baz is thinking Savage Animal !!!

Haha, he probably is :P

Anyway, I guess all we can do is wait. I just hope everything's fine. I've been looking forward to the tour and seeing GN'R and to see it all go up in smoke would be such a waste.

Edited by lcg

hmmmmmmmm i wonder what Sebastian Bach and the band is saying about this

Baz is thinking Savage Animal !!!

true or he could be saying damm the old axl is back

and if the tour is in jeopardy he could be thinking, there's my fucking career back in the shitter again...

27 June 2006

© 2006 Reuters Limited

This was my concern as well.

The charges could result in jail time -- or maybe a judge will order rehab (the way they did with Scott Weiland). Who knows. But it could be serious. He's not a drunken 18-year old kid biting a security guard's leg -- he's a 44-year old man. A judge could come down hard.

not if the judge is a big gnr fan