who has been to a gn'r show

axltheman2003

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. slane castle ireland 1992. best concert i was ever at.slane is a top venue,a beautful setting (see the pic at the bottom of the link).The owner said that gnr was the hardest work ever.he had to convince axl to travel to the show from dublin,as he was still at his hotel room 45 minutes before the show was to start. http://www.slanecastle.ie/concerts.htm

2. rds arena,dublin,ireland june 9th 2006.this show only beaten by the slane show by a whisker and that is only cuase of the venue.perfect night,axl was on time.show was to start at 8 and guess what it did.highlights for me were hearing the new songs in perfect sound for the first time.

3. croke park,dublin,ireland 2007?? in front of 80,000 fans on the chinese democracy world tour.playing old songs like irs,the blues and 13 brand new songs from their record selling new album.the tour is a record breaker,gnr back doing stadium gigs,as well as key smaller venues,making gnr the biggest crowd puller of the year.now that would be a dream 3rd show for me!!!!

rock1

Edited by no1gooner

Manchester - Maine Road - 1992

Milton Keynes Bowl - 29th May 1993

Sheffield Arena - 18th July 2006

Also had tickets for Birmingham NEC - 21st December 2001 (Cancelled due to Buckethead illness!!)

All 3 rocked - but 18/07/06 was the best - right at the front in a packed arena!!!!

CBGB 87

Ritz 88

Donnington 88

Rio 91

St. Louis 91

Wembley 91

FMTC 92

Paris 92

Aregentina 93 (One of my Favs)

Rio 01

London 02

Leeds 02

Rio 06

Hammersmith 06

Download 06

Your kidding right ?

I most certainly am not.

I followed GnR almost everywhere when I was younger. It also gave me a chance to travel and meet people. Its also where I met my then-girlfriend, now-wife at the last Argentina concert (thats why its one of my favourites :) ).

I even got to meet the band on several occasions, I even met and spoke to Izzy and Axl before the 'dreaded' St. Louis incident happened, and I had a drinks with Slash in london in 91. I havent had the privilige to meet any of the current band. But I'm going to try and see if I can get tickets to go the next California gig and hopefully have the chance to meet them.

CBGB 87

Ritz 88

Donnington 88

Rio 91

St. Louis 91

Wembley 91

FMTC 92

Paris 92

Rio 01

London 02

Leeds 02

Rio 06

Hammersmith 06

Download 06

Your kidding right ?

I followed GnR almost everywhere when I was younger. It also gave me a chance to travel and meet people.

How did you afford going to all those places??..I can`t figure it out.There is no way i could follow a band around.After 2 weeks i would be broke..

CBGB 87

Ritz 88

Donnington 88

Rio 91

St. Louis 91

Wembley 91

FMTC 92

Paris 92

Rio 01

London 02

Leeds 02

Rio 06

Hammersmith 06

Download 06

Your kidding right ?

I most certainly am not.

I followed GnR almost everywhere when I was younger. It also gave me a chance to travel and meet people. Its also where I met my then-girlfriend, now-wife at the last Argentina concert (thats why its one of my favourites :) ).

I even got to meet the band on several occasions, I even met and spoke to Izzy and Axl before the 'dreaded' St. Louis incident happened, and I had a drinks with Slash in london in 91. I havent had the privilige to meet any of the current band. But I'm going to try and see if I can get tickets to go the next California gig and hopefully have the chance to meet them.

Wow, Amazing. That i can respect, you must be a true fan!

CBGB 87

Ritz 88

Donnington 88

Rio 91

St. Louis 91

Wembley 91

FMTC 92

Paris 92

Rio 01

London 02

Leeds 02

Rio 06

Hammersmith 06

Download 06

Your kidding right ?

I followed GnR almost everywhere when I was younger. It also gave me a chance to travel and meet people.

How did you afford going to all those places??..I can`t figure it out.There is no way i could follow a band around.After 2 weeks i would be broke..

Oh I forgot to mention, I never really came home. I sort of settled down wherever I was.

E.g After I saw them in Paris, I lived in France for a while and then travelled to Argentina to see them there. I never really had a home, I was always moving around. But now I call the UK my home now, and occasionaly the US.

Thanks mate! :)

Ive more or less followed this band from day 1. And although it seems sometimes that I dont really like the current band, thats only because I grew knowing the original members. But Im all up for change... :)

Sheffield 18.7.2006

Manchester 23.7.2006

Bn a fan since the early 90s..after seeing some live vids from 2000-2004...went to see them in Sheffield..it was far more than i was expetcing..GN'R is coming back strong !! rock1

Sometimes life is a b**** and at the moment i can't even afford the wembley trip...but There Will be A Time..

Edited by W.Rose

CBGB 87

Ritz 88

Donnington 88

Rio 91

St. Louis 91

Wembley 91

FMTC 92

Paris 92

Rio 01

London 02

Leeds 02

Rio 06

Hammersmith 06

Download 06

Your kidding right ?

Oh I forgot to mention, I never really came home. I sort of settled down wherever I was.

E.g After I saw them in Paris, I lived in France for a while and then travelled to Argentina to see them there. I never really had a home, I was always moving around. But now I call the UK my home now, and occasionaly the US.

Thanks mate! :)

Ive more or less followed this band from day 1. And although it seems sometimes that I dont really like the current band, thats only because I grew knowing the original members. But Im all up for change... :)

Guess I'm gonna vote you for moderator after all :shocked: