SLAYER II

SLAYER's CLAN

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest knerken

I haven't heard much Slayer, but I borrowed the "Seasons In The Abbys"-album not so long ago, and must say it's a cool abum. War Ensemble and Skeletons Of Society should have been bigger hits! rock1

From what I've heard, everything after "South of Heaven" is rubbish. The rest is average music which doesn't deserve the fanatical support it gets. Slayer are not very talented at their respective duties and sound bad as a band. The music is average at best.

average??? FUCK OFF!!! i kinda agree that the stuff after South of Heaven isnt as good as the previous work, but overall SLAYER are probably the best heavy metal band ever and they definately deserve all of the support they get.

Did SLAYER ever have a top 10 hit??? Or reach any charts???

did any good musicians hit that at all?

Are you a GnR fan?

who gives a shit, this ain't about Gnr.

Well, it's just that GnR have had a few Top 10 hits...

WTTJ, PC, SCOM, Patience, DC, and NR

This isnt about comparing SLAYER with GN'R! Although judging a band and their music from the position on the charts is FUCKING RETARDED, Slayer's albums did reach the charts. Take for example, Divine Intervention which reached number 8 in 94 in the Billboard 200 for North America. And this year, Reign in Blood was named the best the metal album of the last 20 years by Metal Hammer magazine.

Not to mention only 2 of those GNR tunes are rock songs. The other four are pussed out love songs...

And anybody can make the charts with pussed out love songs.

I know, why do people fall for the gay pop love songs i cant fucking understand??? I guess when they hear that shit it melts their heart and hits their soft spot or some shit and thats gay! but FUCK that shit!!! I dream about the day when HEAVY METAL will rule the world!! No more pussy shit, no more emo, no more hip pop, just pure fucking heavy metal with fucking long insane guitar solos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you a GnR fan?

Not really

:unsure: 6000+ posts....

He's 14 years old, and thought he liked a band on a whim. You'll note all his posts come in the 'I love Simple Plan ' and the 'I'm going through puberty' threads.

The dude doesnt like Simple plan, from what ive seen he looks like a headbanger.

From what I've heard, everything after "South of Heaven" is rubbish. The rest is average music which doesn't deserve the fanatical support it gets. Slayer are not very talented at their respective duties and sound bad as a band. The music is average at best.

average??? FUCK OFF!!! i kinda agree that the stuff after South of Heaven isnt as good as the previous work, but overall SLAYER are probably the best heavy metal band ever and they definately deserve all of the support they get.

Are you a GnR fan?

who gives a shit, this ain't about Gnr.

Well, it's just that GnR have had a few Top 10 hits...

WTTJ, PC, SCOM, Patience, DC, and NR

This isnt about comparing SLAYER with GN'R! Although judging a band and their music from the position on the charts is FUCKING RETARDED, Slayer's albums did reach the charts. Take for example, Divine Intervention which reached number 8 in 94 in the Billboard 200 for North America. And this year, Reign in Blood was named the best the metal album of the last 20 years by Metal Hammer magazine.

Not to mention only 2 of those GNR tunes are rock songs. The other four are pussed out love songs...

And anybody can make the charts with pussed out love songs.

I know, why do people fall for the gay pop love songs i cant fucking understand??? I guess when they hear that shit it melts their heart and hits their soft spot or some shit and thats gay! but FUCK that shit!!! I dream about the day when HEAVY METAL will rule the world!! No more pussy shit, no more emo, no more hip pop, just pure fucking heavy metal with fucking long insane guitar solos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dont know u, but i sure like the way u think! rock3

Are you a GnR fan?

Not really

He's 14 years old, and thought he liked a band on a whim. You'll note all his posts come in the 'I love Simple Plan ' and the 'I'm going through puberty' threads.

simple plan are fags.

And id rather go eat some fucking fetuses and go kill some emo's and fuck a kkk member up the ass, all because i like death metal.

Im not forcing my music upon anyone, so just STFU.

shit I downloaded the leaked version of Christ Illusion ( yeah I'm a bastard) and I've got to say it's a fucking great album, probably the best since Seasons

Yeah i heard some songs off the upcoming album and theyre fucking sweet. Its been a long time coming...

make sure u buy the album as well.

Are you a GnR fan?

Not really

simple plan are fags.

And id rather go eat some fucking fetuses and go kill some emo's and fuck a kkk member up the ass, all because i like death metal.

death metal fucking rules!!!

And fuck emo and simple plan!

shit I downloaded the leaked version of Christ Illusion ( yeah I'm a bastard) and I've got to say it's a fucking great album, probably the best since Seasons

Yeah i heard some songs off the upcoming album and theyre fucking sweet. Its been a long time coming...

make sure u buy the album as well.

Are you a GnR fan?

Not really

simple plan are fags.

death metal fucking rules!!!

And fuck emo and simple plan!

Yes.

Dude u better fucking buy the album!!! (joking)

yeah i listened to some of the songs on it and theyre just INSANE!!! Im fucking glad they decided to go back to the old framework.

Heres some SLAYER news:

Kerry King will be the featured guest on this weekend's edition of "Headbanger's Ball", airing on Saturday, August 5 at 10:00 p.m. EST. In additon, "Headbanger's Ball" will cut its show short this weekend to devote the 11:30 p.m. - midnight slot to air "The Unholy Alliance Tour Special". The half-hour, exclusive-to-"Headbanger's Ball" program was shot last month when the six-week "Unholy Alliance Tour" came to Vancouver, B.C.

Also the Unholly Alliance Tour: Chapter II is heading to Europe starting in October. Heres the dates:

Oct 20 2006 8:00P

Bosch Baroniehal Den, HOLLAND

Oct 22 2006 8:00P

Mazda Palace Milan, ITALY

Oct 23 2006 8:00P

Eulachhalle Winterthur, SWITZERLAND

Oct 25 2006 8:00P

Philipshalle Dusseldorf, GERMANY

Oct 26 2006 8:00P

Thuringenhalle Erfurt, GERMANY

Oct 27 2006 8:00P

Zenith Munich, GERMANY

Oct 28 2006 8:00P

Boblingen Sporthalle Stuttgart, GERMANY

Oct 30 2006 8:00P

Arena Cardiff, WALES

Nov 1 2006 8:00P

NEC Birmingham, UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 2 2006 8:00P

SECC Glasgow, SCOTLAND

Nov 3 2006 8:00P

Arena Manchester, UNITED KINGDOM

Nov 5 2006 8:00P

The Point Dublin, IRELAND

Nov 7 2006 8:00P

Palais Omnisport de Bercy Paris, FRANCE

Nov 8 2006 8:00P

Messe Park Trier, GERMANY

Nov 9 2006 8:00P

Brabanthal Leuven, BELGIUM

Nov 12 2006 8:00P

Jahalli Helsinki, FINLAND

Nov 13 2006 8:00P

Jahalli Tampere, FINLAND

Nov 15 2006 8:00P

Spektrum Oslo, NORWAY

Nov 16 2006 8:00P

Hovet Stockholm, SWEDEN

Nov 19 2006 8:00P

Brixton Academy London, ENGLAND

Nov 20 2006 8:00P

Brixton Academy London, ENGLAND

• 2 weeks later...

SLAYER's "Christ Illusion" sold more than 62,000 copies in its first week of release in the United States to debut at position No. 5 on The Billboard 200 chart. This is the highest position ever on the chart for SLAYER, who previously reached No. 8 with their 1994 release "Divine Intervention" after moving 93,000 copies of that album in its first week.

SLAYER's last album, 2001's "God Hates Us All", registered a first-week tally of 51,000 to land at No. 28, while 1998's "Diabolus In Musica" opened with 46,000 units, debuting at No. 31.

"God Hates Us All" has sold 304,000 copies in the United States so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan — roughly in line with the number achieved by its predecessor, "Diabolus In Musica", which currently stands at about 290,000. Several of the earlier SLAYER albums have been certified gold for sales in excess of 500,000 copies in the United States, including "Divine Intervention", which has moved 493,000 units, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

5th place.....great job (Y)

I was a huge Slayer fan in the 80's. I lived in a very conservative town, and at the time it was deemed as cool and rebelious to portray the image that you were a Satanist, both for attention and because of the fact that the rednecks would be too scared of your looks to fuck with you. None of the people in my circle were actually out performing arcane rituals or anything, but the majority of people in town thought we were and had a big record burning deal-it was hilarious.

Sorry for rambling, but the point I was trying to make was that portraying an image as a satanist doesn't really make you one. And to be honest I'm much more offended by the white supremacy and obsession with violence shit than the "satanic" content.

So although philosophically I am opposed to most of what Slayer represents, I can seperate their beliefs from their music and just enjoy it for what it is.

SLAYER's "Christ Illusion" sold more than 62,000 copies in its first week of release in the United States to debut at position No. 5 on The Billboard 200 chart. This is the highest position ever on the chart for SLAYER, who previously reached No. 8 with their 1994 release "Divine Intervention" after moving 93,000 copies of that album in its first week.

SLAYER's last album, 2001's "God Hates Us All", registered a first-week tally of 51,000 to land at No. 28, while 1998's "Diabolus In Musica" opened with 46,000 units, debuting at No. 31.

"God Hates Us All" has sold 304,000 copies in the United States so far, according to Nielsen SoundScan — roughly in line with the number achieved by its predecessor, "Diabolus In Musica", which currently stands at about 290,000. Several of the earlier SLAYER albums have been certified gold for sales in excess of 500,000 copies in the United States, including "Divine Intervention", which has moved 493,000 units, according to Nielsen SoundScan.

"Christ Illusion" first-week chart positions so far:

Germany: No. 2

Finland: No. 2

Canada: No. 3

USA: No. 5

Austria: No. 6

Holland: No. 8

Australia: No. 9

Norway: No. 10

This just goes to prove that people are hungry for metal!!!! There tired of the gay emo or pussy punk shit or hip pop and that crap, they want METAL!!! the metal revolution has started fuckers, emo will soon die!!!.

LONG LIVE HEAVY METAL!!! DEATH TO FALSE METAL!!!

I really want this album.

This just goes to prove that people are hungry for metal!!!! There tired of the gay emo or pussy punk shit or hip pop and that crap, they want METAL!!! the metal revolution has started fuckers, emo will soon die!!!.

yes, because Norweigens just love slayer :rolleyes:

TW@

Dude! do you only like Slayer?