AXL's lack of twat

undercovergunner

thats a ridiculous asumption. just coz TAT hasnt been played much. madagascar, chinese democracyhave only been played occasionally on the tour, silkworms and rhiads havent been played at all this tour, and cathcher has never been played. plus the songs weve never heard like atlas shrugged and prostitute

Guest Matt13
thats a ridiculous asumption. just coz TAT hasnt been played much. madagascar, chinese democracyhave only been played occasionally on the tour, silkworms and rhiads havent been played at all this tour, and cathcher has never been played. plus the songs weve never heard like atlas shrugged and prostitute

I disagree... not that TWAT will be the next single or not... but I think it was a good brainstorm. They could have potentially been getting video footage for a music video... all the concerts appeared to be pro-shot. On top of that, the light show during TWAT was far and away the best of any of the songs played on opening night in NY... in my opinion.

So I think it's a possibility.

As for the idiot who said TWAT is 'a mess' if fooling themselves. Demo or not, in my opinion is the strongest song of the leaked bunch to date. My non-GNR groupie friends who I've shared the demo's with all think TWAT is pretty amazing and the best of the bunch too. A local DJ even plays it quite often at a popular pup in these parts... too:)

It isn't good enough to be released as a single. The demo version is a mess.

Better would be okay, but they can't play that live.

They would need to bring out a better song than the demos to have any impact on the charts.

Sorry what's messy about the demo exactly? It's not like they are gonna release a demo. I've heard a lot of people say the demo is a mess but I've gained the impression they had not a clue what they were talking about so an explanation would be appreciated please.

I think 'Better' is great but the only thing, which would put the general public off is the sudden transition to un-GN'R like heavy metal half way through.

They would need to bring out a better song than the demos to have any impact on the charts.

Sorry what's messy about the demo exactly? It's not like they are gonna release a demo. I've heard a lot of people say the demo is a mess but I've gained the impression they had not a clue what they were talking about so an explanation would be appreciated please.

I think 'Better' is great but the only thing, which would put the general public off is the sudden transition to un-GN'R like heavy metal half way through.

The demo of TWAT just doesn't flow properly. Its more a collection of musical ideas than a song. Perhaps better production and stuff would make it fit, but it just doesn't scream out quality to me at the moment.

Catcher in the Rye is a lot better.

The demo of TWAT just doesn't flow properly. Its more a collection of musical ideas than a song. Perhaps better production and stuff would make it fit, but it just doesn't scream out quality to me at the moment.

Catcher in the Rye is a lot better.

If anything, what I highlighted in bold describes CITR to a tee. That tune has no flow whatsoever. Its seems like 3 or 4 songs crammed together.

I think T.W.A.T. could be a good single to release later, because it has great guitar work and would appeal more to the die-hard fans. But I would prefer Better or The Blues first... I.R.S. is in the same situation as T.W.A.T.

the blues? no way. he may as well release a remix of fog on the tyne and he'd get more radio play

From a profitable point of view, I would Have I.R.S as the first single.

Why? Because out of all the 'nu' songs, it seems to posess a certain 'old Gnr' thing about it. And people might buy into it because of that, plus they would be getting some fucking kick ass stuff from The new band as well.

Its simple, its hard, and its Baz's fav!! ^_^

Nuff said!! :drevil:

I don´t think the first single will be one of the leaks. I bet you all that the first single will be a song any of us has heard before.

I hope so too. A brand new rock songs that will blow us away! B)

Even if I like I.R.S. more and more I still think T.W.A.T. (shortened and faster) has a better chance of being a hit and help launch CD.

IRS is the Shotguns Blues of the new material. Great song but its not the album launching mega single the band requires.

The version GNR did of Better at Download would be far better. But they haven't pulled it off anything like as well as they did there at any of the other shows and it would be a bad move to have them play it during the promotion of it as a single.

Guest Matt13
IRS is the Shotguns Blues of the new material. Great song but its not the album launching mega single the band requires.

The version GNR did of Better at Download would be far better. But they haven't pulled it off anything like as well as they did there at any of the other shows and it would be a bad move to have them play it during the promotion of it as a single.

Man... must have been cool to have been at every show :rofl-lol:

'I.R.S' is a far better song than 'Shotgun Blues'. I would like that to be the single too actually and despite what people say about Finck's solo early on in the song I think it rocks.

Charlie is right, when I let a friend at work hear the leaks (he's a 'It's not GN'R without Slash' guy) he said that 'I.R.S' was his favourite because it sounds traditionally Guns N' Roses esq.

rock1

Man... must have been cool to have been at every show :rofl-lol:

Don't laugh. Some people have been.

Almost all of all of the shows are available on the internet. Some not the best quality, but you can tell how well things went.