GNR US Tour Opening Band

goldfinger19

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Muse.

You are right man. They are one of the best touring bands out there today. I saw them in Toronto on the 31st of July and it was amazing. I can't wait until September when I get to see them again!

Ah they are over here in belfast in november got my ticket. Muse concerts are always mad rock1

Are you really looking forward to an opening band ?

I mean no disrespect to any other bands , but when i went to see GNR this year i could care less who " just " played before them . It was Alice in Chains , I have a good friend who likes them , but i was there only there for one reason , and in the waiting game of the start of the concert i prefer good recorded music over the speakers , than a live band of a band that i don't know and don't like .

But then again everyone has a different cup of tea... :unsure:

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't mind seeing Supernova open for GN'R. That band should have some decent songs, though it's obviously a little early to tell. Would be cool to see Gilby performing again.

Buckcheery, don't know how I missed him when I was going through my list of bands on Winamp! Haha. He'd be an awesome fit!

Meh to Silvertide. They were cool the first time I saw them opening for VR, but the other times I saw them were boring, like when they opened for Van Halen.

buckcherry already toured canada/u.s.

3 days grace toured with velvet revolver, so axl won't get them

all the other bands you listed suck.

i could see korn doing it, because axl went to thier launch party.

or avenged sevenfold

Can't believe no-one's said it yet..

Towers Of London???

www.myspace.com/towersoflondon

These guys are fucking excellent, did a few dates on the European tour, have just/are about to release their debut album in the US are are planning a tour to promote it, having them support G'n'R on probably the biggest tour this year will see (along with maybe Aerosteez/MotleyCrue) is too perfect.

What the fuck have Maiden fans done to deserve bullet for fucking gay valentine opening for Iron Maiden???

Theres fucking tons of metal bands who would have killed for the opening slot and Bullet gets it??? I fucking hope they get pelted with rock and bottles!

.... wouldn't NIN make a bit of an uncomfortable situation for Finck? ..

True - but fans of both bands would love him.

And a NIN/GNR show would be my dream concert.

Alice would be Incomplete without Layne? Like AC/DC was Incomplete without Bon Scott?

or Van Halen was incomplete without David Lee Roth?

CHANGE HAPPENS

I could play devils advocate and say in this idiot line of thinking that say GNR isn't GNR w/o Slash& Co.

But I won't because the new lineup fucking kicks ass!

Avenged Sevenfold would be great, they get tons of airplay here and would be a surefire boost to ticket sales and getting Alice in Chains back together would be fantastic and The Cult is a bit out there but I would love to see them as well.

I am sure Bach will still be around or possibly Kid Rock since he guested at a NY show.

I kinda enjoyed Mixmaster Mike at MSG in 2002....

the only way you can get AIC back together is raise Layne Staley from the dead.

A7x would not be a good opener. In todays musics scene *many* not all, but alot of people would say A7X is more relevant to the current music scene. in short a7X is too big to be opening for GnR who are relativly *new* to the current sceeme of things, they would be a good opening act for the later part of the tour once GnR has already established itself as a big draw and a good show here in the US.

I would think a band like Blackstone Cherry, Bullets and Octane, a band more along those lines would be a good opener for the first few inital shows.

HERE IS AN UPDATE AS ALMOST ALL OF THESE BANDS ARE BUSY NOW!

Avenged Sevenfold (Doing a Canadian Tour before September 23)

Trivium (Headlining Tour Across the US in the Fall)

Powerman 5000 (Hope it isn't them but they would be available)

Papa Roach (Touing with HIM in The Fall)

Disturbed (Supposedly doing the Jager tour again in the states)

Queens Of The Stone Age (Writing right now..no current plans)

Army Of Anyone (Releasing a new album soon...Axl and the Deleo's...take that VR!)

Stone Sour (Joining a Disturbed tour)

HIM (Touing North America as headliner in the fall)

Kill Cheerleader (Not a chance but it should be them)

Muse (Great band that is busy, but they are fucking cool, so I mentioned them)

Three Days Grace (Tour Ends in early September)

Wolfmother (Could be...hope not)

The Panic Channel (Navarro's new band, he likes GNR...who knows)

Shinedown (Touring with Rob Zombie until end of September)

Buckcherry (Could be him)

Or they could pick a great older band like:

Alice In Chains (Announced a fall headlining tour)

Sebastian Bach (Of course it is possible, but I saw him in Europe and I'd rather see something different)

The Cult (Not touring, could bring back one of the greatest tours ever)

I don't know, a lot of bands are dissapearing quick for them to grab as openers, they better get at least 1 or two really solid opening acts for this tour.