Guitar One

abw1987

I figured this'd be posted by now, but I can't find it anywhere, so here goes. I just got November issue of Guitar One magazine and it has a page on the Top 10 Greatest Rock N' Roll Song Endings. They are as follows:

10. Edgar Winter - "Frankenstein"

9. REO Speedwagon - "Roll With the Changes"

8. Prince - "Let's Go Crazy"

7. King Crimson - "21st Century Man"

6. David Lee Roth - "Shy Boy"

5. Guns N' Roses - "Paradise City"

4. Blotto - "Metal Head"

3. Van Halen - "Hot For Teacher"

2. AC/DC - "Highway to Hell"

1. The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"

Thought that was pretty cool. Guess it makes sense that GNR always ends their sets with PC. 5th best rock ending of all time... they'd better end that way!! Hah

Edit:

Oh and I know this was posted before but there's also a "101 best guitar solos" list -- November Rain is 14th, "Sweet Child O' Mine" is #33.

Edited by abw1987

There are better GNR song endings than PC, in my opinion. But I can see why its up there, that final jam is just awsome and in the confusion Slash plays the fastest he ever does in a song, and it sounds pretty cool.

Paradise City isnt an aquired taste like Rocket Queen, Coma, or Locamotive so its understandable as to how it beat out songs like that.

Rocket Queen and November Rain kick Paradise City's arse in terms of outros. Rocket Queen especially.

yea man. i love the november rain outro. but PC deserves the spot. it has a wicked outro.

Edited by Iron_Maiden_Rocks

Rocket Queen and November Rain kick Paradise City's arse in terms of outros. Rocket Queen especially.

Abso-fucking-lutely. Rocket Queen has BY FAR the best ending of any song, let alone any GNR song. It gets me more fired up than any other, plus you just want to sing to it. Real nice. rock2

If it's closing a show, then yeah, PC wins hands down. But the best outros are on Rocket Queen/NR

nah, both those are "love" songs...

None of the other choices are, so PC is a good choice.

They're still rock songs. Ok. November Rain is a ballad, so I'll let you have that, but ROCKET QUEEN? Man, that song is rock all over. It's only the last few lines that turn into a real love song, and even then it retains the hard rock sound, it's one bad ass rock song.

Love song or not, it pisses all over PC.

Edited by Slash's Appetite

I agree there are a few songs with better outros ("Rocket Queen" ftw!!), but Paradise City is probably the most badass, high-energy, well-known song with a kickass ending

The PC outro is shit.

That song would've ruled if it was shorter.

wow

retarded at all???

Nightrain has by far the best guitar driven outro of their songs. The way it fades out in the middle of that great solo, priceless!

People sayin Rocket Queen and Coma have to be on about Axl's performance, which would be right, as they are some of his best moments, but, the guitar parts in the outros of those 2 tracks aren't that memorable!!

Well, Rocket Queen is probably my favourite song, so you know where I'd rank it. I think the ending of Estranged is also amazing, from the last Slash solo on. Patience is another one, I'd rank it among the best ever outros. Oh yeah, and Breakdown too. Erm, okay, maybe not that one! :confused:

One non-GN'R song that comes to mind is Time, by Pink Floyd. I loooooooooooove the ending on that song.