Hoobastank and Phantom Planet

GNRbomber

Cause the tix aren't selling fast enough so they need a pop-rock band to open. Hoobastank isn't the worst band they could've chosen (Fall Out Boy / Panic at the Disco, anyone?), but it kinda lame, and not really fitting of the GNR opening spot.

Phantom Planet are actually decent. I saw them open for Sting in early 05 and they were really cool.

No matter who opens for GnR, some people will bitch and moan about it.

jesus christ hoobastank :vomit: - they sucked something awful at the VR show i saw. the singer just stands there and does this stupid thing where he like rotates on his feet and just kinda moves side to side. plus the songs seriously all sounded exactly the same. me and my gf at the time honestly thought they played that 'spinning out of control' song like 4 times.

phantom planet is pretty cool though. i dunno if they're fit to open for GN'R though. i'm still holding out for AX7 or buckcherry for the rest of the tour ::crosses fingers::

Guest cherry_bomb

hoobastank seem to be GNR fans

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDAI_cmU0Y

i'm not sure i care to see either of these bands.. will prolly just drink at the rainbow instead.

Man your avatar is one of my fave Robin pictures ever!

ditto :wub:

anyway - hoobastank SUCK. i feel sorry for any band opening for GNR, theyre always a tough crowd! gnr fans have a lot of attitude i guess. maybe because waiting god knows how long to see GNR, then having to sit through a few hours of musical dioreah and rocks greatest hits, leaves us a tad edgy