Is the record company pissed at Axl? Is that why there is no promotion?

Kaneda

I can see Axl right now with a smile as wide as my ass. He would love the fact the album is discussed so much and how anxious everyone is for it. Rubbing his fingers in glee.

We are all playing into his well thought out plan im sure! When the promotions start - can you imagine how nutz its going to be? Im sure it will blow our minds :shocked:

I like the way you think! :shades:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

for better or worse, i am not sure there has been an album in the last 10 or 20 years with so much pre-release buzz as chinese democracy. as soon as the official release comes there will be tremendous mass-media attention. to say that conventional promotional efforts should be employed does not recognize the fact that this album is a totally unique animal. there is no way interscope is going to invest $12M into a CD and not promote the living crap out it ... but not until the initial splash is made. this thing will require far less marketing lead time than a regular major band album release.

i do agree, however, that some of these sanctuary releases are laughable and it makes me sad to see "GNR own New York" or "GNR Knock Out Sweden" ... it's amateur hour and not worthy of the band.

In the end, it will all matter little ... hopefully the cd can stand or fall on its own merit. no question a lot of people want to see and perpetuate a failure but the media also loves a great comeback story.

for better or worse, i am not sure there has been an album in the last 10 or 20 years with so much pre-release buzz as chinese democracy.

There is NO evidence to support this.

None.

If there is, please tell me where other than GNR message boards this will be a life changing event.

Edited by D-GenerationX

Most people I know, have no idea about CD or the current line up of GN'R. I've mentioned the tour to a few people and they asked if slash was still in the band. :rolleyes:

Outside of GN'R forums, no one really cares because without an album there isn't much to care about. Just a bunch of relative unknowns playing GN'R covers with Axl.

look at the attention rolling stone, mtv, most other music rags and papers like new york times have given CD already. no question some people have no clue what the current GNR form is ... but that number is a lot less than it was in 2002 and there is much more awareness than most bands could ever expect with over a 10 year hiatus. when the news of the official album drop dates hits there will be a big splash

In the end I couldnt care less if they promote the CD or not.. As long as it is great(which it is already judging by the leaks/lives) and they release it.

yeah but there is supposedly two follow up albums on the way after CD.

CD must be successful or it will affect the release of these??

Edited by NEU-YORK

for better or worse, i am not sure there has been an album in the last 10 or 20 years with so much pre-release buzz as chinese democracy. as soon as the official release comes there will be tremendous mass-media attention. to say that conventional promotional efforts should be employed does not recognize the fact that this album is a totally unique animal. there is no way interscope is going to invest $12M into a CD and not promote the living crap out it ... but not until the initial splash is made. this thing will require far less marketing lead time than a regular major band album release.

i do agree, however, that some of these sanctuary releases are laughable and it makes me sad to see "GNR own New York" or "GNR Knock Out Sweden" ... it's amateur hour and not worthy of the band.

In the end, it will all matter little ... hopefully the cd can stand or fall on its own merit. no question a lot of people want to see and perpetuate a failure but the media also loves a great comeback story.

100% totally agreed.

rock4

Most people I know, have no idea about CD or the current line up of GN'R. I've mentioned the tour to a few people and they asked if slash was still in the band. :rolleyes:

Outside of GN'R forums, no one really cares because without an album there isn't much to care about. Just a bunch of relative unknowns playing GN'R covers with Axl.

no ones knowes about CD or know about they touring.

dont know thats a band these days (is it)

look at the attention rolling stone, mtv, most other music rags and papers like new york times have given CD already. no question some people have no clue what the current GNR form is ... but that number is a lot less than it was in 2002 and there is much more awareness than most bands could ever expect with over a 10 year hiatus. when the news of the official album drop dates hits there will be a big splash

:book: good point.